4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Install, Sweaty Baby
Purchased this car seat as part of the travel system with b-agile stroller. It's easy to install, very sturdy and extremely convenient with the b-agile stroller. My only complaint is my poor baby's back is drenched in sweat every time I get her out!
Published 19 months ago by Katrina

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expect from Britax
Published on February 1, 2012 by Karen in Mommyland

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expect from Britax, February 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Britax car seats and have been using them for my children for the past ten years. The B-Safe was our first experience with a Britax infant car seat and I am rather disappointed in this seat. My first issue with the seat is the car seat base. When the seat arrived the base was broken right out of the box. Britax customer service is great and after having to email photo proof that the base was indeed broken, they agreed to send a replacement. The replacement base was defective and one of the level indicators did not work. Customer service wasn't exactly willing to replace the base for a fully functional one at first, but after I insisted that I wanted them to honor their warranty and replace it with one free of defects, they agreed to send another replacement. Turn around time from when the seat was delivered to when I was actually able to use it with the base was a full month. I was also saddled with the inconvenience of lugging the base that had to be shipped back along with an infant to the UPS store twice.

Once I was was able to install the base in the car I found myself annoyed by the base which claims "superior ease of use" on the base box. Adjusting the foot of the base is not as easy as a Chicco KeyFit or Graco Snugride base. The locking clip on the B-Safe base is very stiff and you feel like you are going to break the clip when you try to open it. It was so difficult to release that I needed my husband to do it and even he had some difficulty with it. The button that allows you to adjust the base foot does not function as the owners manual states when you are trying to put it back in it's original position. I cut several of my fingers adjusting the base. If I were to recommend an infant car seat based only on the car seat base I'd rate this product only one star and tell you to steer clear of it at all costs.

The seat itself isn't horrible. I like that it is slightly lighter than our Chicco Keyfit 22 and can accommodate an infant up to 30lbs. The canopy on the seat is generous and is more user friendly than the Chicco Keyfit canopy. The fabric on this seat wipes clean quite easily which is a plus if you have a baby who spits up frequently. The headrest for the seat is nice and plush, but it is unclear as to whether using it is optional or not. Chicco comes out and states that it does not have to be used past 11lbs, but Britax makes no mention as to whether or not it must be used.

I found the harness straps easy to adjust as is typical of Britax car seats. I was disappointed that the velcro tabs to hold the harness straps open when you are loading the baby into the seat which are typical on the convertible models are not part of the infant seat design. That small touch would have made the seat much better in my opinion.

If you have a compatible Britax B series stroller, this seat can be used with it to form a travel system. I have a B-Agile stroller so I tested this seat out with the stroller. The seat snaps on to the stroller nicely and sets the baby up a bit higher than the Chicco Cortina travel system has the baby, but I didn't like that the car seat seems to wiggle and have some play when it's attached to the stroller. I also do not like how the seat detaches from the stroller. You have to use both hands and press a release button on the sides of the seat which leaves you holding the seat not by the handle but by the sides. I don't like this feature at all and see it as a great way to increase the risk that you might accidentally drop the car seat.

Overall, I really don't recommend this seat. For the money, you'd be better off buying a Chicco Keyfit seat. The Keyfit is easier to install and is more user friendly than the Britax B-Safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Install, Sweaty Baby, May 20, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, light and perfect!, May 25, 2013
This review is from: Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
We absolutely love it! It's sturdy, light and fits right into our B Agile Stroller. Easy for a first time mom to maneuver. It was very easy to install the base into our car and we would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality, nice colors, feels safe!, July 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very nice seat, detachable carrier from the base means that you can install the base onto your car (or preferably, have a spouse or family member pre-install it while the mother-to-be is waiting for the kid to be born!) and then it's all a matter of snapping the carrier to the base.

I personally like the darker color, it means that this will not look dirty so easily, and also means the cover blocks out sunlight better.

Sturdy handle, the only thing of note is that I've seen some where the handle is twisted 90°, so that a person can carry the baby carrier for a bit and not have to rotate the arm/wrist. But let's be serious, it's not like Britax is intending the parent to be carrying around a kid for long, that's what strollers are for! Therefore, no minus points for that small quibble.

Overall, still highly recommended. This is the gift you hint at to get your friends and family to get for your baby shower! Of course, try to get the stroller as well, as this snaps onto it as a stroller, the same way it snaps onto the car seat base. Especially with very small babies, a lot of anxiety can be removed by not having to lift a baby in and out of a stroller/car/seat, and instead use the snap and lock system!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my preemie, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
I am really liking this car seat and the B-Agile stroller. As a FTM I am very happy I paid a little bit more for this carseat. The safety ratings are great and what convinced me to purchase. I was able to take my daughter home in this seat when she was 6 lbs. It has been easy to carry and put in and out of my truck. Transferring from the truck to the stroller is so easy. I love the combination. Also, it is very easy to make adjustments to the harness and straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
We have used this car seat for 8 months now and we don't regret this purchase one bit. This car seat has some great features.

Pros:
Solid Construction
Easy to clean
Quick release of harness (helps with putting in and taking out baby/ very useful and one of my favorite features)
Sunshade easily removed and re-added.
Locks onto most common shopping carts
Adjusting straps is easy
Easy to install and adjust base

Cons:
I wish the sunshade would rotate to feet of baby.
The latch on the strap can rotate
Occasionally one strap will be longer the the other, but fairly easily adjusted.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME CAR SEAT, August 26, 2013
Eric Dudley (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
One of the better items I've bought for our newborn. It's easy to install within the truck along with cleaning. The only con would that the latching straps can get easily twisted and have to be fixed constantly, but nothing that's a deal breaker with this product.....would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect!, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
You get what you pay for! Quality is better than expected and quite easy to use. Combined with the B-Agile stroller, this is one of the best "no brainer" buys we have made for our baby. That Britax!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Car Seat, November 14, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay first off I really do like britax for its sturdy designs , convenience for parents and comfort and safety for kids.
This carseat speaks exactly that of britax.
The reason I picked this up on vine is I just purchased a B ready with second seat in the free ride event and this was just what I needed.
I have a britax boulevard for my toddler in one car and a Sunshine Radian in the other.
I am positive I can only use the Bsafe in the car with the Sunshine. 2 britax seats in one car...impossible in my midsize sedans.
Yes This car seat though claiming to be lightweight is not the lightest of them but lighter than most out there.
Also its nice and compact considering this is a britax.
That said its really luxurious and safe and keeps the baby well cushioned.
There is nice recline feature for babies to sleep or be propped up which is great.
The 5 point harness is a must and is easy to click and get baby in and out of the car seat.
It easily goes from my car to the B-ready stroller in one easy click.
Its a definite plus that in the cold weather I wont have to juggle with fitting it on the stroller.
Has a nice large size canopy perfect for the cold or sun.
Easy carry handle.
Easy to clean.
And my baby can sleep well ...like a baby in this.
I know that with this my baby is safe and comfotable.
Easy to adjust harness.
30 pound weight limit is way better than 22.
Almost perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great seat but could use a few adjustments, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
I've been using this carseat for just over a year and have been very happy with it. I decided to purchase Britax due to their safety reputation and also because I wanted to get one of their strollers. I use it in conjunction with the Britax B-Ready stroller and it is a snap to use. The seat was installed by a professional but seemed easy enough to do by myself. Overall, the seat seems very sturdy and my son doesn't complain being in it. In fact, he preferred napping in the car seat more than in his crib or bassinet during the first 2-3 months.

Overall, this is a great seat and I would recommend it to anyone but there are a few cons that prompt me to give it 4 rather than 5 stars.
- The material does not breathe. My son sweats after only a few minutes in the seat. I've taken him out on many occasions, with the AC running or on cold winter days, to find his head and back wet and the cushion wet from his sweat.
- The harness is easy to buckle and adjust but the straps frequently get turned around in the buckle and it's not easy to turn them back around the right way. I'm not sure why the straps get turned around so easily but it happens often enough that it's annoying.
- The seat is heavy. I have a hard time lifting it and now that my son is 16 pounds, only my husband lifts it with him in it. I don't even bother to try. That said, I would never compromise safety for a lighter carseat.

These are minor design flaws for a great car seat.

Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black