Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon February 1, 2012
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love Britax car seats and have been using them for my children for the past ten years. The B-Safe was our first experience with a Britax infant car seat and I am rather disappointed in this seat. My first issue with the seat is the car seat base. When the seat arrived the base was broken right out of the box. Britax customer service is great and after having to email photo proof that the base was indeed broken, they agreed to send a replacement. The replacement base was defective and one of the level indicators did not work. Customer service wasn't exactly willing to replace the base for a fully functional one at first, but after I insisted that I wanted them to honor their warranty and replace it with one free of defects, they agreed to send another replacement. Turn around time from when the seat was delivered to when I was actually able to use it with the base was a full month. I was also saddled with the inconvenience of lugging the base that had to be shipped back along with an infant to the UPS store twice.

Once I was was able to install the base in the car I found myself annoyed by the base which claims "superior ease of use" on the base box. Adjusting the foot of the base is not as easy as a Chicco KeyFit or Graco Snugride base. The locking clip on the B-Safe base is very stiff and you feel like you are going to break the clip when you try to open it. It was so difficult to release that I needed my husband to do it and even he had some difficulty with it. The button that allows you to adjust the base foot does not function as the owners manual states when you are trying to put it back in it's original position. I cut several of my fingers adjusting the base. If I were to recommend an infant car seat based only on the car seat base I'd rate this product only one star and tell you to steer clear of it at all costs.

The seat itself isn't horrible. I like that it is slightly lighter than our Chicco Keyfit 22 and can accommodate an infant up to 30lbs. The canopy on the seat is generous and is more user friendly than the Chicco Keyfit canopy. The fabric on this seat wipes clean quite easily which is a plus if you have a baby who spits up frequently. The headrest for the seat is nice and plush, but it is unclear as to whether using it is optional or not. Chicco comes out and states that it does not have to be used past 11lbs, but Britax makes no mention as to whether or not it must be used.

I found the harness straps easy to adjust as is typical of Britax car seats. I was disappointed that the velcro tabs to hold the harness straps open when you are loading the baby into the seat which are typical on the convertible models are not part of the infant seat design. That small touch would have made the seat much better in my opinion.

If you have a compatible Britax B series stroller, this seat can be used with it to form a travel system. I have a B-Agile stroller so I tested this seat out with the stroller. The seat snaps on to the stroller nicely and sets the baby up a bit higher than the Chicco Cortina travel system has the baby, but I didn't like that the car seat seems to wiggle and have some play when it's attached to the stroller. I also do not like how the seat detaches from the stroller. You have to use both hands and press a release button on the sides of the seat which leaves you holding the seat not by the handle but by the sides. I don't like this feature at all and see it as a great way to increase the risk that you might accidentally drop the car seat.

Overall, I really don't recommend this seat. For the money, you'd be better off buying a Chicco Keyfit seat. The Keyfit is easier to install and is more user friendly than the Britax B-Safe.
77 comments44 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
Purchased this car seat as part of the travel system with b-agile stroller. It's easy to install, very sturdy and extremely convenient with the b-agile stroller. My only complaint is my poor baby's back is drenched in sweat every time I get her out!
on November 14, 2011
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Okay first off I really do like britax for its sturdy designs , convenience for parents and comfort and safety for kids.
This carseat speaks exactly that of britax.
The reason I picked this up on vine is I just purchased a B ready with second seat in the free ride event and this was just what I needed.
I have a britax boulevard for my toddler in one car and a Sunshine Radian in the other.
I am positive I can only use the Bsafe in the car with the Sunshine. 2 britax seats in one car...impossible in my midsize sedans.
Yes This car seat though claiming to be lightweight is not the lightest of them but lighter than most out there.
Also its nice and compact considering this is a britax.
That said its really luxurious and safe and keeps the baby well cushioned.
There is nice recline feature for babies to sleep or be propped up which is great.
The 5 point harness is a must and is easy to click and get baby in and out of the car seat.
It easily goes from my car to the B-ready stroller in one easy click.
Its a definite plus that in the cold weather I wont have to juggle with fitting it on the stroller.
Has a nice large size canopy perfect for the cold or sun.
Easy carry handle.
Easy to clean.
And my baby can sleep well ...like a baby in this.
I know that with this my baby is safe and comfotable.
Easy to adjust harness.
30 pound weight limit is way better than 22.
Almost perfect.
on April 12, 2012
When we chose this car seat originally, we chose it for it's safety and good ratings. The only reason we did not go with the step up (the Britax Chaperone car seat) was due to the extra large base of that car seat. We weren't sure it would fit in my car. This car seat is actually rated for 4lbs+. This worked out well for us as our son came home at 5lbs 6oz. I will say that the fit isn't as ideal as a larger baby as the top and bottom buckles basically sit right on top of one other when he's strapped in, but our hospital has a safety seat inspector who checks out all the car seats at discharge and he called ours the "cadillac" of car seats, saying it was a really nice seat and very safe.

If you are putting a tiny baby into the seat he recommended removing the shoulder pads as they prevented the straps from sitting securely on my son's shoulders. But it holds him in nicely and he doesn't complain much. =)

I drive a Pontiac Vibe and we did have to adjust the front seats in order to get the car seat in there with proper clearance. I had thought my backseat big enough but with the car seat in the middle position the outer seats are a little snug.

The canopy is nice on this and works well with the canopy on the Britax B-Agile Stroller, Red. The car seat clips in and out of the stroller easily as well.

My only complaints about the seat so far are the handle (and I would have his complaint on almost every car seat) and the strap adjusting mechanism. I've only seen one car seat where the handle effectively allowed you to carry the car seat from different angles (Baby Trend) but I think all car seats should have the same type of handle theirs does. The same with the strap adjuster. I prefer the strap adjusters that are a knob/crank vs. the strap that comes out of the front of the stroller. I feel like the strap will get messed up more quickly and the mechanism seems like it could get hot if it was in the hot car.

Overall I am very happy with the car seat so far. I did not give it 5 stars because I don't feel like I've had it long enough to know if I really love it and I hate reading other reviews where someone gives something 5 stars they've had for 10 minutes and haven't even used. So I might come back and readjust my review once I've had the seat longer.
on May 25, 2013
We absolutely love it! It's sturdy, light and fits right into our B Agile Stroller. Easy for a first time mom to maneuver. It was very easy to install the base into our car and we would highly recommend!
on July 2, 2013
I've been using this carseat for just over a year and have been very happy with it. I decided to purchase Britax due to their safety reputation and also because I wanted to get one of their strollers. I use it in conjunction with the Britax B-Ready stroller and it is a snap to use. The seat was installed by a professional but seemed easy enough to do by myself. Overall, the seat seems very sturdy and my son doesn't complain being in it. In fact, he preferred napping in the car seat more than in his crib or bassinet during the first 2-3 months.

Overall, this is a great seat and I would recommend it to anyone but there are a few cons that prompt me to give it 4 rather than 5 stars.
- The material does not breathe. My son sweats after only a few minutes in the seat. I've taken him out on many occasions, with the AC running or on cold winter days, to find his head and back wet and the cushion wet from his sweat.
- The harness is easy to buckle and adjust but the straps frequently get turned around in the buckle and it's not easy to turn them back around the right way. I'm not sure why the straps get turned around so easily but it happens often enough that it's annoying.
- The seat is heavy. I have a hard time lifting it and now that my son is 16 pounds, only my husband lifts it with him in it. I don't even bother to try. That said, I would never compromise safety for a lighter carseat.

These are minor design flaws for a great car seat.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 18, 2012
Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I think of Britax, I think of safety. I previously owned a Graco Snugride for my daughter. I brought her home from the hospital in it. It is lightweight and I never felt like it was really safe. Quality wise, the Britax feels a lot better and also just screams safe.

The one thing I love is the weight limit is 30 pounds! My daughter grew out of the Graco before she was one year old. I am keeping her rear facing until she is two as well. The Britax was very easy to install. I will say it is not small; it is about the same size, if not bigger. Quality wise, you cannot compare, Britax is so well built!

I know a lot of people do not like the canopy, but to have one that actually works is a dream! On the Graco, it always fell off! Graco has a very flimsy canopy and never worked. I don't mind the shape of it, it works! It (car seat) is a tad heavier than the Graco but I feel better knowing it has more weight to it. Again, makes it feel safer.

I did not think I would like the dark color but it has been easy to keep clean and also seems comfortable. Comparing it to the Graco again, it breathes well. My daughter does not get overheated or seem too cold in it as she did in the Graco.

I hope to get a few more months out of it and then will have to get a convertible car seat. I was uncertain on what brand to get but now that I have used the Britax, I am going to be buying a convertible car seat made by Britax. Sadly when I bought the Graco I was trying to get a decent price, but you can't put a price on your child's safety. Very impressed and will stick to this brand!
on April 25, 2013
Now that I am almost officially done with this car seat, I figured it was time to write a review. I have had this seat since I brought my 4lb baby home from the NICU and it's been great. I love the snug fit It was able to give my baby. She must have thought it was comfortable as well because she loved riding in the car. The only thing I'm not too in love with is the infant insert, I think it's a little too hard. I took that out and replaced it with a boppy noggin head support pillow that prevents flat head. It was perfect with the car seat and my doctor approved so we went with it. My daughter is 13 months old and 19 lbs and still fits in it perfectly. We could actually use this car seat for a few more months but I've decided to upgrade to a Britax Boulevard. If you're looking for a good infant seat/travel system the b safe/b agile is the way to go!
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
I was using the graco snugride I had used with my previous child, but since I had the Britax B Ready stroller I needed to purchase the carseat adaptor for the snugride. As this carseat has a higher weight limit than the snugride and could snap into the B Ready stroller I decided to splurge on this and I'm very happy I did. I also bought the Britax B Nimble umbrella stroller to use with this for quick trips and I'm happy with all of Britax's products. Yes, this carseat seems heavier than the snugride, but it feels sturdier and I know I'll get a longer use from it. My son seems very comfy in this and I would highly recommend.
on October 3, 2012
I am really liking this car seat and the B-Agile stroller. As a FTM I am very happy I paid a little bit more for this carseat. The safety ratings are great and what convinced me to purchase. I was able to take my daughter home in this seat when she was 6 lbs. It has been easy to carry and put in and out of my truck. Transferring from the truck to the stroller is so easy. I love the combination. Also, it is very easy to make adjustments to the harness and straps.
review image