Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

VINE VOICEon February 1, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love Britax car seats and have been using them for my children for the past ten years. The B-Safe was our first experience with a Britax infant car seat and I am rather disappointed in this seat. My first issue with the seat is the car seat base. When the seat arrived the base was broken right out of the box. Britax customer service is great and after having to email photo proof that the base was indeed broken, they agreed to send a replacement. The replacement base was defective and one of the level indicators did not work. Customer service wasn't exactly willing to replace the base for a fully functional one at first, but after I insisted that I wanted them to honor their warranty and replace it with one free of defects, they agreed to send another replacement. Turn around time from when the seat was delivered to when I was actually able to use it with the base was a full month. I was also saddled with the inconvenience of lugging the base that had to be shipped back along with an infant to the UPS store twice.

Once I was was able to install the base in the car I found myself annoyed by the base which claims "superior ease of use" on the base box. Adjusting the foot of the base is not as easy as a Chicco KeyFit or Graco Snugride base. The locking clip on the B-Safe base is very stiff and you feel like you are going to break the clip when you try to open it. It was so difficult to release that I needed my husband to do it and even he had some difficulty with it. The button that allows you to adjust the base foot does not function as the owners manual states when you are trying to put it back in it's original position. I cut several of my fingers adjusting the base. If I were to recommend an infant car seat based only on the car seat base I'd rate this product only one star and tell you to steer clear of it at all costs.

The seat itself isn't horrible. I like that it is slightly lighter than our Chicco Keyfit 22 and can accommodate an infant up to 30lbs. The canopy on the seat is generous and is more user friendly than the Chicco Keyfit canopy. The fabric on this seat wipes clean quite easily which is a plus if you have a baby who spits up frequently. The headrest for the seat is nice and plush, but it is unclear as to whether using it is optional or not. Chicco comes out and states that it does not have to be used past 11lbs, but Britax makes no mention as to whether or not it must be used.

I found the harness straps easy to adjust as is typical of Britax car seats. I was disappointed that the velcro tabs to hold the harness straps open when you are loading the baby into the seat which are typical on the convertible models are not part of the infant seat design. That small touch would have made the seat much better in my opinion.

If you have a compatible Britax B series stroller, this seat can be used with it to form a travel system. I have a B-Agile stroller so I tested this seat out with the stroller. The seat snaps on to the stroller nicely and sets the baby up a bit higher than the Chicco Cortina travel system has the baby, but I didn't like that the car seat seems to wiggle and have some play when it's attached to the stroller. I also do not like how the seat detaches from the stroller. You have to use both hands and press a release button on the sides of the seat which leaves you holding the seat not by the handle but by the sides. I don't like this feature at all and see it as a great way to increase the risk that you might accidentally drop the car seat.

Overall, I really don't recommend this seat. For the money, you'd be better off buying a Chicco Keyfit seat. The Keyfit is easier to install and is more user friendly than the Britax B-Safe.
77 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
Purchased this car seat as part of the travel system with b-agile stroller. It's easy to install, very sturdy and extremely convenient with the b-agile stroller. My only complaint is my poor baby's back is drenched in sweat every time I get her out!
on April 12, 2012
When we chose this car seat originally, we chose it for it's safety and good ratings. The only reason we did not go with the step up (the Britax Chaperone car seat) was due to the extra large base of that car seat. We weren't sure it would fit in my car. This car seat is actually rated for 4lbs+. This worked out well for us as our son came home at 5lbs 6oz. I will say that the fit isn't as ideal as a larger baby as the top and bottom buckles basically sit right on top of one other when he's strapped in, but our hospital has a safety seat inspector who checks out all the car seats at discharge and he called ours the "cadillac" of car seats, saying it was a really nice seat and very safe.

If you are putting a tiny baby into the seat he recommended removing the shoulder pads as they prevented the straps from sitting securely on my son's shoulders. But it holds him in nicely and he doesn't complain much. =)

I drive a Pontiac Vibe and we did have to adjust the front seats in order to get the car seat in there with proper clearance. I had thought my backseat big enough but with the car seat in the middle position the outer seats are a little snug.

The canopy is nice on this and works well with the canopy on the Britax B-Agile Stroller, Red. The car seat clips in and out of the stroller easily as well.

My only complaints about the seat so far are the handle (and I would have his complaint on almost every car seat) and the strap adjusting mechanism. I've only seen one car seat where the handle effectively allowed you to carry the car seat from different angles (Baby Trend) but I think all car seats should have the same type of handle theirs does. The same with the strap adjuster. I prefer the strap adjusters that are a knob/crank vs. the strap that comes out of the front of the stroller. I feel like the strap will get messed up more quickly and the mechanism seems like it could get hot if it was in the hot car.

Overall I am very happy with the car seat so far. I did not give it 5 stars because I don't feel like I've had it long enough to know if I really love it and I hate reading other reviews where someone gives something 5 stars they've had for 10 minutes and haven't even used. So I might come back and readjust my review once I've had the seat longer.
on February 13, 2013
You get what you pay for! Quality is better than expected and quite easy to use. Combined with the B-Agile stroller, this is one of the best "no brainer" buys we have made for our baby. That Britax!
on May 14, 2012
I was using the graco snugride I had used with my previous child, but since I had the Britax B Ready stroller I needed to purchase the carseat adaptor for the snugride. As this carseat has a higher weight limit than the snugride and could snap into the B Ready stroller I decided to splurge on this and I'm very happy I did. I also bought the Britax B Nimble umbrella stroller to use with this for quick trips and I'm happy with all of Britax's products. Yes, this carseat seems heavier than the snugride, but it feels sturdier and I know I'll get a longer use from it. My son seems very comfy in this and I would highly recommend.
on September 27, 2012
We had a Chicco infant car seat for our first baby (now 2 yo) but it did not wear well so we decided to get a new one for our 2nd baby (now 3 month old). After much research and reading reviews we decided to go with this one and I am SO glad we did! The fabric is much softer than the Chicco and the car seat is MUCH lighter (but in no way compromising safety). We actually chose this one because of the high safety rating. The canopy is also bigger and sturdier than Chicco's. Our infant looks very comfortable, the color is great and it clicks effortlessly into our Britax B-Agile double stroller. We were also able to get it installed very tightly in our car to where it didn't budge at all. Very, very happy with our purchase and will definitely recommend it to other expecting parents out there!
on April 25, 2013
Now that I am almost officially done with this car seat, I figured it was time to write a review. I have had this seat since I brought my 4lb baby home from the NICU and it's been great. I love the snug fit It was able to give my baby. She must have thought it was comfortable as well because she loved riding in the car. The only thing I'm not too in love with is the infant insert, I think it's a little too hard. I took that out and replaced it with a boppy noggin head support pillow that prevents flat head. It was perfect with the car seat and my doctor approved so we went with it. My daughter is 13 months old and 19 lbs and still fits in it perfectly. We could actually use this car seat for a few more months but I've decided to upgrade to a Britax Boulevard. If you're looking for a good infant seat/travel system the b safe/b agile is the way to go!
on December 24, 2013
We used this on our second child who has some medical issues and this reclining position worked great in helping him with his issues. Definitely worth it for it's safety and for the reclining height ability.
on September 30, 2012
This is our first kid and we read a lot of reviews of different car seats. They both have their own pros and cons, and for first-time parents it's hard to decide which to chose. Here are the reasons why we chose B-Safe and thought it was good for us:
1. We scoped down our candidate list to only popular brands, like Britax and Chicco. Safety design difference between different brands is not a concern for us because so many people have used them for quite some time and the car seat safety has been well verified.
2. For a perfect match stroller. When buying the car seat we deinitely need to think of what stroller we want. Buying a car seat that does not match the stroller is just a waste of money. We like the Britax B-Ready stroller and don't want the hassle of buying parts to fit a Chicco car seat into a Britax stroller, so we decided we'll pick up a Britax car seat.
3. Some reviews said B-Safe car seat base was not easy to install. We watched the installation instruction videos on Youtube before we bought it and found it was fairly easy to install. It turned to be true when I actually installed the seat in my car. I would recommend other people to do the same when making decisions.
4. This car seat fits well in my 2011 Ford Escape. A bigger car seat might not work.

A side note is that I personally think installing the car seat correctly is far more important, so be sure to take car seat inspecions. It's free in many hostipals and even in IKEA.
on May 25, 2013
We absolutely love it! It's sturdy, light and fits right into our B Agile Stroller. Easy for a first time mom to maneuver. It was very easy to install the base into our car and we would highly recommend!