5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my children!
Published on November 12, 2011 by RaxterRiley

3.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and sweet but short lived
Published 11 months ago by Natalie Mendes

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my children!, November 12, 2011
We were involved in a highway accident. Something happened to the tire, I lost control of the car at 70 MPH, we did a 180 and slammed into the concrete barrier (on the rear side, where my kids were). I have three kids, my two daughters were on the side that got hit. My 22 month old daughter is in this carseat, and my 3-year-old in the older model boulevard. They walked away without a scratch. My almost two-year-old slept through the whole thing! She only woke up because my 3-year-old was crying (because she was scared, not hurt). My sister and I were in the front seat and we are okay, but very sore, whip lash, etc. I'm amazed that my children aren't even talking about the accident, and they aren't even the slightest bit sore, even though they were a lot closer to the place of impact! My husband and I don't have much money, but car seats were something that we weren't going to skimp on. Now I am so thankful that we did. We will definitely stick with Britax forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Great seat, comfortable, sturdy, stylish..., November 27, 2011
This review is from: Britax Boulevard 70 Convertible Car Seat, Zebra (Prior Model) (Baby Product)
We have only had the seat for a week so I will update my review after a few months but I must say:

1. I LOVE the ease of installation on this seat. I have LATCH and installed Rear-Facing in my 2006 Acura TL, rear passenger side on the full recline setting (required for rear-facing mode) and it was perfect. No towel or pool noodle needed like our Recaro ProRide. Its perfectly level with the ground and at a perfect angle for my 11 month old to ride comfortably. The latch belts are attached to the metal bars on the sides of the seat so you just slide it to the front of the seat for RF position! No rerouting or removing covers or anything like that! How simple, I was literally amazed at how easy they designed this. It took me 3 times longer to read the whole manual (ALWAYS read the whole manual first) than it did to adjust the strap position and install it.

2. My daughter rarely fell asleep in the car anymore because she was so busy looking out the windows and talking to herself in her mirror but in this seat every ride so far, short or long, she has fallen asleep within the first 5 minutes! It must be that comfortable!

3. The fabric does not get hot at all! We live in FL and even though it's November, it is still 80-something degrees in the afternoon and I have a black car with black interior and this seat felt nice and cool even when the rest of the car was burning hot.

4. The velcro strap holders are AWESOME! They hold the straps off to the sides so no more fishing for the buckles under your wiggling baby while you're putting them in their seat!

5. The material in the picture online (in my opinion) makes it look like a smooth meshy almost wind-breakery material... It is NOT like that at all! It almost feels like denim! It is nice material, but its not a very soft material (probably why it breathes so well) like I thought it was. This isn't a flaw at all, I really like it but it just wasn't what I thought!! Also, its not quite white and grey as it looks in the pictures. Its like a lighter grey and a darker grey stripe. It's still really nice, but I think the picture makes it look girlier than it really is.

6. I did not have to move my passenger seat up AT ALL! This seat is pretty big from front to back. I have a mid-size to large sedan and I didn't have to touch the seat settings. My 6' tall boyfriend car still sit up front in the passenger seat and be completely comfortable as if there were no seat behind his at all!

That's all for now, hope this helps you decide on whether or not to purchase! Will update more after a few months of usage! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Seat!!!, July 21, 2012
So glad we purchased this seat (two of them actually)! I think Britax is a great company and manufactures their seats to a higher safety quality than the US standard! We've been using the seat for 3 months and our 14 month old daughter loves it - very comfortable for her. Fits great in our cars in the middle seat position (Jeep Cherokee & Nissan Altima). Was very easy to install and has been easy to take out and put in my parent's vehicles when necessary. Only takes a couple minutes using the latch or the seat belt install method. We decided on this model because we wanted to side impact protection. Couldn't be happier about our decision! I'm kind of regretting that I didn't have a Britax infant seat to begin with!

Also love the Zebra pattern. It's fun but not too loud and annoying. I don't think the colors are quite as contrasting as shown in the picture. Looks great with our grey & charcoal interiors.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, November 29, 2011
Great car seat. We bought it to transition our daughter from a backwards facing seat to a forwards facing seat. Currently we are still using it backwards because she hasn't reached the 20 lb limit to turn it around. It is fairly large and bulky. The seat is in a 4Runner and just barely fits backwards. There won't be a problem when we can turn it around. We are very happy with the purchase and feel it was a good decision.

3.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and sweet but short lived, March 5, 2014
We purchased this since we love Britax products but i must say it was short lived happiness on this particular purchase. We use this for our son from age 15 months till now which is 3 months shy of age 3. We do not place him in this seat ever with a coat on, only a light sweater all winter as we know this is safer but also because he would not have fit in this chair with any type of coat on since last november. My child is tall granted but at 40 inches and 40 pounds there is no reason the belt on this chair should not fit him. We have taken to several places to see if we are missing something on how to adjust but have confirmed with various trained installers from firefighters through police officers that the belt is indeed let out all the way and that it is time to move up. That's crazy! We had a Britax Boulevard for our daughter that was too old and worn to use for our son when he came along and out of curiosity measured the belts and hers was definitely several inches longer....what is up with that? It was tempting to switch the belts but then we worried that it would be an issue in regards to warranty and safety. I am told that my child has a long torso and is a runner so his thighs aren't tiny but my daughter matches him at that age and build so we knew we weren't crazy. Let's just say that we were disappointed that this chair only lasted us 1 and 1/2 years. It is a pricey chair and economically it is tough to have to purchase a new chair so soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would never buy anything else but Britax, February 9, 2014
R. Gil (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I can't say enough about Britax car seats. The quality of this car seat was proven to me when my son was in a car accident at 2 years old. The car he was riding in with some friends became a sandwich in between a car and a pick up truck coming at 55 mph at an exit on the freeway. They got rear ended twice and hit the car in front once. He was perfectly fine. So I do firmly believe in the safety of Britax car seats. I had to buy a new one after the accident, even though it still looked new, and I bought the same Britax Marathon. This is required depending on the accident the car seat was involved.

The Britax Marathon car seat is very easy to install. I use the latch system in my car and the versa tether. My son is on the small size, so he still rides in it rather than a booster (he's 5). When we go out with our bikes, I have to uninstall the car seat to put the bikes in, then reinstall, times 3. (This is just because I need to recline the back seat to move the bikes around and then put the back seat back into place.) I have no problem with it, and I am 112 lbs. It takes maybe 1 or 2 minutes with the latch system. Of course, I am very picky with the car seat not moving and being installed perfectly well because you never know when you can get in an accident, so if it moves a bit, I will reinstall it.

The latch system works with the push of a button to uninstall. To install, simply attach the connectors to the metal latch system in your car until you hear "click" and then pull from the belts on the sides to secure it so that the seat doesn't move more than 1 inch from side to side. These belts on the sides have loops to put your hands in and easily pull. I just put my knee on the car seat to pull equally from both sides and make sure is tight enough.

I've also used it with the seatbelt in cars with no latch system. It works as well as with the latch. If it is installed correctly, the car seat should not move when installed with a seatbelt either.

The velcros on the sides are helpful to keep the belts from moving around. I also like that the headrest can be adjusted by just pulling from the top instead of having to redo the whole thing from behind like before. The belt for the versa tether in the back is really long if yours is positioned in a further position. I do highly recommend always using the versa tether if your car has it.

The front harness is also very easy to adjust by just pulling from below once you buckle your child in. The harness does have to be tightly secured against your child and not loose at all.

It is bulky to travel with, but I have taken it even to Europe. I have some wheels that I attached it to and then I would put coats or a small bag on top and pull from everything. I do not check it in, though. I take it with me to the side of the plane where they pick it up and then return it at the finger again upon landing.

It is made in the U.S.A. And I do highly encourage reading the installation instructions carefully or even watching videos in the Britax website. Over 70% of car seats are not correctly installed.

I highly recommend this car seat. It is worth every dollar. And when I consider moving to a booster, I will sure only look into Britax. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this seat, August 20, 2012
this seat works perfect for us, this is the 3rd boulevard for us and the new ones are even better! The cover comes off easily for cleaning and the seats are easy to use and install.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britax Boulevard 70 Convertable Car Seat, May 17, 2012
My husband and I love this seat not to mention our 8 mth old daughter who falls comfortably asleep evertime she is in the car. I have a Camry and this set fits great rear facing, and was very easy to install! Highley recommend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best seat ever!, April 18, 2012
I own two of these seats, the first one I bought when my daughter was around 10 mths. She fits perfect in the seat still and is almost 2. When it came time to buy a second seat for my husbands truck I did a lot of research, and I mean a lot, months and months.I prefer to RF as long as possible and will in my van, however my husband owns a 2007 Chevy Silverado ext cab. He has suicide doors and a very small backseat. We bought the Graco Nautilus first and I hated the way she looked in it, by that I mean, she just looked so unprotected. We took that one back and bought the Graco Myride 65, however it was so big that it did not fit in the truck at all RF or FF and felt very cheap, again I am used to Britax. I have almost decided to FF in his truck only. He only has her in his truck every other weekend when I am working. It is difficult but not impossible to RF in his truck, I just received this seat in the Caitlin pattern yesterday, it is beautiful and I will play around with installing it FF and RF in his truck before I decide 100% how it will go. Overall I would recommend this seat to everyone, it is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Install, March 2, 2012
Just got our Boulevard 70 today. I don't have a lot to say about it's safety, and I hope that we never get to test the safety of our car seat, but I do have a lot to say about the install of the product.

We bought to Britax because it is one of the few car seats that would fit in my car (a Chevy Traverse) in the rear-facing position. Since the American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends kids to stay rear-facing as long as possible, and hopefully to age 2, we wanted something that could accommodate that. Also, my daughter has now outgrown her infant seat at 8 months old (she's really long), so she wouldn't even be old enough for forward facing under the old recommendation of 1-year. My husband and I spent an entire afternoon in baby stores measuring car seats in the rear-facing position to see if they would fit in my car, and the Britax was one of a handful of carseats that would fit. At both baby stores we went to, the workers stressed that the Britax was the highest rated carseat for safety, so that motivated us to spend the extra money on the Britax.

After installing the car seat today, I have to say that I am really impressed. It took under 5 minutes to install. Not only was it quick and easy to install, but it DOES NOT move. With our infant seat, it always wiggled a little (which the installation instructions said was normal), but the Britax does not move at all. It also has a fair amount of room left between its top/back and the front seat, so I imagine that someone even with a much smaller car would be able to fit this seat in their car without any problem.

All in all, a great car seat for someone who is wishing for extended rear-facing use.