Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 42 questions
vote
Pioneer 70 can only be used from 25- 70lbs. Frontier 90 is updated version of 85. Like the 85 it can be used up to 120 lbs. the 90 features larger side impact wings, EPS impact foam and safe cell technology which allows the seat to compress in certain spots during an accident so that the impact of a crash is taken by the seat instead of the child. The 90 has a headrest that is easier to adjust. I have to unbuckle our 85 to adjust ours despite what they say. All are great seats, but know that they are quite bulky. So if your child is petite or you have limited space, this may not be the seat for you. If your child is small or you have limited space, I'd recommend the sunshine kids radian car seat. It's much narrower and has tote same safety features.
Jan 26, 2014 by Luv2bholm
votes
My 5 year old who is also about 45 pound and tall for her age has a lot of room to grow in this seat.
Dec 8, 2012 by Mom to be
votes
In addition to waiting until they are two for this booster, I strongly urge anyone to keep your kids rearfacing until at least 18 months. Preferably until closer to 2 years old. Rear facing really is the safest way for your children to travel. While it's not the most fun for them, in the event of a head on collision a rear facing position would give your child the greatest chance of avoiding life threatening injuries.
Aug 16, 2010 by A. Santiago
votes
I am a car seat technician, and a firefighter/paramedic. You are correct that you should only use one system. However, you need to consult your vehicle instruction manual to see what the weight limit is for the LATCH. Most LATCH systems are only rated for up to a 40 pound child, so when using the Frontier 85 for a larger child, you should revert to the vehicle seatbelt.
Jul 2, 2011 by Gillian N. Raney
votes
My son snoozes happily in it. The "wings" at head level really help keep his head in a comfortable position. The only issue we have is his rear end gets sore - but really, that could happen in any seat after a long ride when your legs don't touch the ground.
Apr 19, 2010 by L. Baird
votes
the only problem with the marathon for your child would be the height (I think 40in is the max, or when their head is above the cushion); the Fronteir has the adjustable head rest that can go low and then be bumped up as they grow---with side panels to reduce head movement
Jul 22, 2013 by Matthew Zeller
votes
I think it is a very safe/secured seatbelt (I installed in a bmw 328 and it took me just few minutes to do it). It has bolting belts that attach the sides of the car seat to the metal bolts on the bottom or under the back rest of the back seat + has an another - separate belt which is hooked to the metal bolt behind the back seat head rests (bmw has a build-in set of 3 metal bolts in plastic covers and the hooks from this seat fit perfectly! without struggling). We had previously Lexus RX350 and it was much harder to install a car seat for our baby in Lexus than it is in BMW 328... so I guess the whole experience may vary due to how your car is designed to accommodate the car seat installation. Another observation, the car seat base was moving slightly in the Lexus RX350 (even after I tried to tie it up numerous times, but it does not move at all after I tied the belts on it in the bmw (the bemers seats hold the base better, so the base does not move at all - or at least I have not noticed yet!). As I said, the whole installation experience vary base on what car do you have (also, just to add, I installed 2 different seats in my mother-in-law car - Toyota Camry, and the whole installation was as labor intensive as in our Lexus). Hope I am helpful.
Aug 15, 2013 by P. Kmiec
votes
Keep checking on ebay, I have seen them posted a few times.
Feb 12, 2013 by Tasha
votes
It really comes down to you comfort level of a seatbelt vs. 5 pt harness. My son is 6ys and 40 lbs. We have the Frontier because we feel its still safer to have him in a 5 pt harness.
Feb 24, 2013 by Sherri M.
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers