Britax seats in Prius? Hi,

I am trying to pick a convertible car seat that fits securely into a Prius. Any recommendations, Brtiax or otherwise?

Thanks!
asked by Kitty McKenzie on December 24, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
We have a Britax Diplomat and it fits just fine. Also easy to transfer to our other car.
G. Renehan answered on February 3, 2009

A
votes
We have a Prius and bought a Britax Roundabout. We are having trouble securing it in the backwards-facing position so it doesn't budge. Anyone else having this problem?
scientific illustrator answered on March 12, 2009

A
votes
We're having the *exact* same problem as scientific illustrator. The Britax Roundabout will not sit securely in the middle of our Prius. The car seat base is more narrow than the middle cushion so the car seat tilts and wobbles. We are trying to return the Roundabout and are looking for suggestions on which convertible car seat will work. Please advise!! Thank you
J. Walters answered on April 13, 2009

A
votes
We're having the *exact* same problem as scientific illustrator. The Britax Roundabout will not sit securely in the middle of our Prius. The car seat base is more narrow than the middle cushion so the car seat tilts and wobbles. We are trying to return the Roundabout and are looking for suggestions on which convertible car seat will work. Please advise!! Thank you
J. Walters answered on April 13, 2009

A
votes
Out of the car seats I have tried in my 2008 Prius, the Maxi-Cosi Priori fits the most securely. And the colors are cute!
Kitty McKenzie answered on April 13, 2009

A
votes
My husband just installed the Britax Boulevard in his Prius and it fits securely. If you go to the Britax website, it has a link that will tell you which models are recommended for which vehicles.
D.J. answered on April 28, 2009

A
votes
D.J.,

Would you mind sharing the link you mentioned? I wasn't able to find anything on the Britax website. Thanks!
Edo answered on January 10, 2010

A
votes
DJ,
I don't see where it says that on the website. Do you mind pointing it out?
Ashleigh R. Lankford answered on August 23, 2011

A
votes
I have a honda fit (same size as a prius) and have had a heck of a time finding a seat to fit this, especially with 3 kids! I had the graco comfortsport, it didnt fit well either rear or forward facing, went with the graco myride 65, same issue and its HUGE! tried a cheap cosco from walmart and it fit fairly well forward and not too bad rear facing but it was so flimsy I didnt feel it was going to hold up in case of a crash. Alot of my friends have the britax marathon or advocate so I decided it was time to try one but our finances dont allow a new seat. I found a used (spare seat that was never actually used) for super cheap from a local mom so I bought that and it fits PERFECTLY in our fit. It was a bit hard to get to fit that way so I had to roll up a towel but he will be forward facing pretty soon so not that major of a problem too me, all our seats have to have rolls. I would recommend this seat in a heartbeat, Im not a fan of the colors of any of the britaxs but you can always find a cover on ebay to custom fit! I also love the velcro to hold the straps so Im not digging around under his butt for the straps. I have a 14 month old who is 25 pounds and 33" tall.
Destini B. Boxall answered on March 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›