5.0 out of 5 stars Britelink Bluetooth
This blue-tooth receiver is as advertised.
So far I just use it in my car. It is hooked up on the charger in car and plugged in to line-In(AUX Connector).
It stays plugged in and charging all the time.
I get in car and push the button on Britelink and it comes on and links to my Iphone 4S.
Sounds great and have no problems keeping connection.
I...
Published on February 19, 2012 by James Ogburn

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be just what you need, but it isn't
I bought this because I was tired of having wires all over my car. I wanted something that would charge off of USB (thanks to a low profile converter), plug into my AUX channel, and act as a bluetooth headset for my phone.

This does all of that, except not all at the same time.

Turns out it "helpfully" turns itself off when being charged. Yeah, not...
Published on November 9, 2011 by J. R. Conlin

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be just what you need, but it isn't, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems (Electronics)

This does all of that, except not all at the same time.

Turns out it "helpfully" turns itself off when being charged. Yeah, not too helpful. It also "helpfully" turns itself off when not receiving a signal after a few minutes meaning that you'll have to turn it back on, wait for it to resync to your device, then start playing in order to hear anything. I'm sure the battery does last for 12 hours, but after that, you'd better have a backup plan.

Ideally, this thing would switch itself on when it gets power, shut itself off when power drops, all while happily acting as a nifty bluetooth headset. That way, I can plug it in and pretty much forget about it. Sadly, this just isn't that ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britelink Bluetooth, February 19, 2012
This blue-tooth receiver is as advertised.
It stays plugged in and charging all the time.
Sounds great and have no problems keeping connection.
I can get out out of my car to go into convenience store and come back into my car and it links right back up.
It will turn itself off if it is inactive after about 5 to 10 minutes.
I have read reviews where others complain about it turning itself off after being inactive after a while.
Do you want it to stay on all the time and run it's battery down when not in use?
I have read reviews that it turns itself off when you hook it to charge. At that point push the button and it comes back on and you use it while it charges.
Mine stays on charger. So far it does everything I want it to do and does it well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Auto off "feature" defeats the purpose, November 1, 2011
This would have been a wonderful little bluetooth receiver if not for the fact that it auto turns off after five minutes of being idle -- even while connected to power!

What's the point of having a bluetooth receiver if I have to walk up to it and touch the power button every time I want to use it?

What could have been a decent product is rendered useless by a brain dead anti-feature. I am packaging it up to send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your car!, October 21, 2011
I bought this to use in my car and it works great with my iPhone 4S! I was debating getting this or the belkin unit and im really glad i got this unit instead because of the usb power cable, its portability with the rechargeable battery and how tiny it is. Sound quality is great too! I have a bluetooth phone system built into my car (with no a2dp obviously) and i can pair my phone to both devices and still make/receive calls while streaming music (but i think this has more to do with the device your streaming from.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solution for BT Audio, January 27, 2012
Gadget Addict (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I got this one for my car to listen Pandora on the go. The quality of audio is outstanding, so I cancelled my XM radio subscription.

The transmitter is so thin, small and slick. Great product for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blue Tooth Audio Receiver, November 16, 2011
I bought this to stream music or GPS voice instructions to my car stereo from my iPad or iPod. It streams music wonderfully well with great sound quality. However I cannot rate it 5 stars for the following reasons concerning it's useability. First if I plug in the charger cable, for some reason, it switches itself off while charging. That means you can only use it for streaming in battery mode. Quite insane in my opinion. Second, it has an activity detector which is fine for streaming music, but when using my GPS, after a little period of silence, this unit mutes and so misses the initial bits of the voice commands when they resume. Extremeley annoying. So to conclude, if you intend to only use this as a portable device and expect not to have to use it while it recharges and only use it to stream music with no long silences or gaps then it's perfect. For voice commands from your GPS, it's almost useless.

Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional, August 9, 2011
The most un-quirky of my Bluetooth devices. Hooks up very easily and quickly to phone and WinXP. Windows 7 throws a series of error messages and/or asks for a driver. (One more reason to hate Win7.)

Excellent sound quality, if a bit low-gain. I plugged this through a 5000-watt auditorium sound system and played some old favorites. I could hear details I never heard before, running off my cell phone 75 feet from the receiver. Range is excellent -- nearly 100 feet in line-of-sight operation.

Long battery life.

As the device dangles from the car stereo aux input, I acquired a 3.5mm stereo extension cable to take the stress off the cord.

Definitely preferable to Bluetooth devices that convert to an FM signal as there's no worry about channel interference, and you can plug into most any sound system with the appropriate adaptor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work/not discoverable, January 15, 2012
I received my item as described, new in packaging, on the date that Amazon said I would, however, when I charged the device and set it in discover mode, no device can see it. I've tried pairing/scanning from multiple phones and computers but nothing can detect my Britelink receiver. I am very disappointed with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars high pitched hum, November 11, 2011
I bought this to link my Galaxy S2 music output to my car aux in. While the phone is playing music or video, the sound is quite good. But when the song ends, or the video ends, the device makes a click sound and then a high pitched hum comes through the stereo system. It is is not very loud, but at that high a pitch, it doesn't take much volume to start hurting my ears. I have shelved it and am back to using a plain cable. I had high hopes of going wireless with my phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars This ting does not work!!!, April 12, 2012
Soon after I had plugged it in and synced it with my phone, it spit and sputtered. My iphone had to literally be sitting next to it for it to work.