Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 30, 2010
In 1965, I was a young teen screaming for Herman's Hermits. I followed the band up through 1969, going to see them as often as I could.
Back in those days, I never really thought about how they sounded live, mainly because I couldn't hear them, above all the screaming! However, last night when I watched this DVD, I finally heard how incredible they really sounded live, and can now appreciate their music even more today.
It was wonderful to see all the surviving Hermits interviewed, and I loved hearing their stories, especially the ones about their adventures touring with the Who.
Many thanks to the folks who put this DVD together-it was a labor of love, that took me right back to that time in the sixties when life was sweet, and every day felt like I was "into something good"!!
on March 24, 2010
Herman's Hermits are the most under rated band of the British Invasion. This DVD finally does the band justice. Guitarist Derek "Lek" Leckenby was one of the best guitarists in rock during the 60's and until his death in 1994. So much incorrest information has been published about Herman's Hermits it is nice to hear the true story from the surviving members. It is particularly nice to hear that the Hermits played on most of their records and on all their biggest hits. The DVD contains great video from the era.
VINE VOICEon May 6, 2010
If you are a true fan you will be better off buying the box which not only contains Herman's Hermits but also the Small Faces, Dusty Springfield and Gerry and The Pacemakers.

WHY? because you get an extra DVD with that set which has even MORE HH videos (including their performance of Bus Stop and a couple of positively wonderful interviews from the 60's) The bonus Disc also has many more Dusty tracks and another 20 minutes with Peter Noone and more time with Gerry Marsden and other contributing performers... SO....I'll say the reviews on this DVD are spot on. Its well done from all angles and in fact so fun, you have a great documentary with clips and interviews, you may also just watch the clips(even more of them) without interviews or WITH commentary...and more bonus interview footage. This is a solid value for money for fans of the groups in question. If you have interest in the other performers get the box set. If not try and buy the individual DVD on ebay as it has crucial bonus footage of HH.
on June 6, 2010
High Quality DVD, both in visual & sound. I loved their music in the 60 and love it now. I also liked the interviews with Peter/Herman and his other bandmates. Lots of information about the group. Although it is sad that Lek is no longer with us. He was an great musician! Miss you Lek! It's about time a DVD about HH was made. They deserved more glory and recognition then they got. Denise, Lowell, MA
on December 11, 2011
Bought this in the 3 pack along with Hollies and Gerry & The Pacemakers. It was definitive music, creative and fun as were the times back then; and all these years later, people are wanting to hear this music still today. These dvd documentary disks are the most amazingly professionally produced product I have seen for any 1960's groups and were put together in the best format I have ever experienced. Quality in every way from the interviews to the many live performances on each dvd.

So good to see and hear these performers again as there is nothing today in music that will ever match the "love of simply performing the music, not for the money" mentality of so many groups we had in the 60's.
on March 24, 2016
I bought this DVD because it said it was subtitled. Only the interviews are subtitled, all of the music is not. This disc is half interviews and half music from concerts. I enjoyed their music when I was younger and was disappointed the lyrics were not shown. The interviews were interesting and nostalgic, but I would have preferred either the whole thing was subtitled or the whole thing was interviews. I won't be purchasing any other DVD's in this series. The footage of the concerts was raw which is fine with me but might be a little old fashioned for people who are used to everything being re-mastered. Personally, I would much rather watch it the way it was then, the originals.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2011
First, Herman's Hermits were a true very talented band in every sense of the word and not some creation called a band in order to sell records. This wonderful DVD sets that straight with extreme high-quality video and sound for the period in which it draws.

At the time of my writing this review there are six reviews which cover most everything pertinent, but I did feel compelled to add my own thoughts as well as ditto the comments others have generously contributed. I can't say enought about the production of this DVD. Reeling In The Years have made a true textbook example of how to profile a rock band here. I've never seen a better put together set and the fact that Herman's Hermits were actually great musicians performing their certain kind of lighter rock in such a fantastic way really rises to the top. There is even a true, albeit compact, concert here in very good sound and sight that I would have never guessed even existed!

Perhaps the first rock record album I ever purchased myself was one of the MGM Herman's Hermits Greatest Hits collections. I was about in the third grade! This music spoke to my young mind. It helped start me on a lifelong love of music as defined by my own tastes which only grew outward. This DVD helps me to realize that I wasn't just a juvenille with no music sense because this stuff is still fun to listen to over 45+ years later. If you like me grew up, but forgot how good Herman's Hermits really were, run, don't walk, to buy this DVD because it is truly the best, plus you'll learn more than you ever could have guessed about one of the most fertile periods of rock music extant.
on April 10, 2015
Listen People is part of the British Invasion DVD series, which also includes an excellent documentary on Gerry & The Pacemakers. Listen People and Herman's Hermits are outstanding. The film has outstanding video quality (obviously a lot of black and white footage) and excellent Dolvy Digital 5.1 sound. This DVD contains the absolute best concert footage of Herman's Hermits that I have ever seen. Yes kiddies, the group played their own instruments and did it damn well! Their are great interviews with members of the group that shed much light on the history of the band. Don't miss this one, especially for less than $16!
on May 11, 2016
This is just my opinion but I believe this is one of the greatest Rock movements of all time The British Invasion where the impact is still felt today. Even now with all the new rock bands coming out they are influenced by these rock giants. The reason being is this was the cream of the crop the best of the best when they arrived on American shores they changed the musical landscape forever and the rest of the world would never be the same. I think that Herman's Hermits were sorely underrated and left to blow in the winds of forgotten. If you hear anyone mention them they're used as a cruel punchline to fill in someone's joke than what contribution they provided for the rock/pop world. I believe it's because the songs that they threw out to the world a bit cutesy too much pop not enough edge I would have to agree about their songs are a little more pop laden than rock however if you listen to the vocal arrangements the harmonies are quite stellar and they were excellent musicians so there was a lot to appreciate with this fearsome five. Some of my favorite songs from them were A Must To Avoid, You Won't Be Leaving, If You're Thinking What I'm Thinking,Can't You Hear My Heartbeat, and No Milk Today which I love The vocal harmony structure on these great hits this DVD showcases them beautifully. Got A Feeling which is not included on this DVD is one of my favorites this great classic showcases the more Rock side of the Band that we don't get to hear very often from this underrated Rock/Pop Band. The Lead solo that Lek plays on this unappreciated classic is bad ass which proves that they could have done more Rock laden material if they so chose to do so. No Milk Today was another great classic that shied away from their happy, feel good classics that they were putting out at the time it was a introspective on life love found and love lost and the vocal arrangements were superb the harmonies were just beautifully done. My Sentimental Friend was another great classic it had a more mature feel to it and had a bit of a haunted sound to it as well which I loved. I believe this band had more to give and could have done more Rock material if given the chance and had a little bit more patience to stay the course. I love this DVD as well Reelin In The Years does a fantastic job of covering these great bands I hope in the near future they will put out more of these great bands such as The Dave Clark Five, The Animals, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, The Searchers, The Zombies, and Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas. For every Herman's Hermits fan and Rock fan I say this is a must have.
on April 19, 2013
Most of the groups greatest hits are here, and were manifested in some great performances. I thoroughly enjoyed the songs and the settings of the performances. Peter Noone has always put on great performances and has terrific stage presence, as well.