Customer Discussions > Femme Fatale Deluxe forum

Britney's "Femme Fatale" vs. Christina's "Bionic"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 2, 2011 6:45:41 PM PDT
Christina's Bionic is better. The album takes more chances.

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 9:04:22 PM PDT
Doll-ar says:
FF > Bionic for me, but I love both.

With FF, I like all the songs (and LOVE all except DKMW)

With Bionic, I like the majority of the songs, but for me: Vanity, My G irls, and Woohoo are some of her worst songs ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2011 12:22:44 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Britney hands down, always! I like all except a couple of songs, but "Don't keep me waitin" is one of my favorites. She's actually backed by real guitar, bass and drums.

Taking chances is great,but it doesn't always work out.
I liked BACK TO BASICS better than BIONIC.

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 5:03:01 PM PDT
Logan H. says:
I loved "Bionic" as well, but "Femme Fatale" blows it right out of the water. I realize more and more when I listen to "Bionic" that it's really a complete MESS of an album in a lot of ways... I think Christina spent way too much of the album trying to be shockingly, controversially sexual rather than actually showing off her stuff. "Back to Basics" was waaaayyyy better.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 6:36:18 PM PDT
S. Morris says:
"it's really a complete MESS of an album"

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say, Bionic has some good tracks as most pop albums do, but half the songs suck and the other half sound as if they've been recorded over the past decade with no cohesion whatsoever and in true Christina fashion even the standard edition is bloated with tracks, Bionic would be a much better album(maybe a 7/10 instead of a 5) if she limited it to 8 or 9 tracks. FF is all about cohesion and is shockingly modern.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 11:17:37 AM PDT
Lindsay Mays says:
i agree with logan. femme fatale is a GREAT album, much better than bionic! i also think christina tries too hard to be shocking. she always has and its sad because shes so talented. shes also jumped on alot of trends. its like she's not confident in herself and doesnt have her OWN identity. when christina went through her dirrty phase, everybody knows that she was trying hard to compete with britney because britney was known as the sexy one and christina wanted that too. when she came out with bionic, her "not myself tonight" video was a JOKE (people claim it was a parody but i dont think so) and extremely unoriginal. she even jumped on the bisexual bandwagon. she was VERY good in "burlesque" though. i wish christina would realize that shes one of the most talented singers of this generation and stop trying to fit in and just be HERSELF. britney has always been britney.anyways, femme fatale is definently the better album. its a PERFECT pop album.

Posted on May 9, 2011 2:27:43 PM PDT
W.H. says:
The funny thing about Christina Aguilera vs. Britney Spears is that Spears doesn't have half of Aguilera's natural vocal range or talent but I prefer Spears' music hands-down and I always have.

I'm at leat five years older than both of them and I usually prefer older, more sophisticated artists and their music. But I'm not too old (just yet!) to like good dance music. Not only to dance to, but to drive to, exercise to, clean my house to...just fun music to keep my energy up.

Call me crazy, but I'll take Spears' autotoned, sexy robot voice and thumping, pulsing beats over Christina's earsplitting, "Woah...wooaahh...woooaaahhh...WOOOOAAAAHHHH!"-ing histrionics any day.

I cannot STAND that style of singing! Who ever brought it in style? Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston were making my ears bleed with their vocal gymnastics back when Aguilera was still a baby, but she has really taken that awful, over the top style to new heights...or depths.

Just give me a nice, pleasant voice without all the excess. Like a young, "Like A Virgin"-era Madonna. I absolutely adored Madonna when I was a kid and Spears is clearly her successor. Gaga's okay but she tries too hard to be "unique" and is more like a young David Bowie. Aguilera just tries way too hard and is the worst of the three, though she could be the best if she'd just cut the dramatics and all the "whoa-whoa-whoaing."

So "Femme Fatale" is the winner for me, hands-down. Don't take it (or anything else) too seriously this summer. Just play it and have fun.

Posted on May 17, 2011 4:51:31 PM PDT
Bionic!! I love Britney, but Christina can sing.

Posted on May 18, 2011 9:38:50 AM PDT
While it struck me as being "all over the place" but something I ultimately came to enjoy, let us remember that Bionic really was Christina's album and that she put an effort into making it herself and having a hand in the creative process. Femme Fatale was prepackaged and they just happened to put Britney's face on the cover. I could overlook that if it were any good to begin with, but as someone who loves dance/techo music, it's done very poorly aside from maybe two songs.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011 3:49:44 PM PDT
Lindsay Mays says:
W.H., i couldnt agree more! everything you said i agree with (except the thing about mariah because i love her) but anyways, about gaga-people are getting tired of her fame whoring and attention seeking. she wants DESPERATELY to be seen as the next madonna. its getting to the point where she copies EVERYTHING that madonna did in the 80s and 90s. shell burn out soon enough. i definently agree about britney being THE princess of pop and the "madonna" of this generation. ive heard ALOT of people say that. and i think "femme fatale" is one of her best cd's yet.

Posted on May 19, 2011 7:25:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2011 7:26:05 AM PDT
I've never understood the Madonna comparisons. Madonna pretty much built her own career from the ground up and is very shrewd as far as reinventing herself and controlling her image and artistic output. I like a lot of Britney's mindless pop music, don't get me wrong, but in the end, she really is just a puppet and hasn't changed much at all since the beginning of her career, which she really hasn't had a hand in personally anyway, nor has she tackled subjects that actually matter in "real life." I used to be a much bigger fan, but as I've grown, it's become painfully evident how much she hasn't, and Femme Fatale is just the cherry on top of a big disaster sundae.

Posted on May 19, 2011 2:46:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2011 2:52:05 PM PDT
Lindsay Mays says:
britney is an icon and has nothing left to prove. about being called the next madonna, whether someone thinks shes "worthy" of having that title, shes been called that over the course of her career for a reason. i even saw her called "the madonna of this generation" on mtv.com a month or so ago. britney has changed pop culture. every little blonde pop star has been inspired by her at one point or another. (christina aguilera, jessica simpson, mandy moore, willa ford, brooke hogan, and even country singer alicia elliot and heidi montag have all emulated her) to the people that think britney's music is manufactured pop garbage, dont buy it anymore. plain and simple. its not like shes going to suffer. britney's fan base is HUGE! the fact that for 12 years, her records have all sold extremely well (even during her so-called "meltdown") speaks volumes about how loved britney is. even her perfumes are the best sellers out of ANY celebrity frangrance! (a huge feat in itself) bottom line is this. even if britney never makes another album, her place in pop culture is solidified.

Posted on May 22, 2011 11:14:37 PM PDT
Justin says:
I laughed when I read this. I don't even know why this is a question...Bionic was HORRIBLE. Christina can sing but her music hasn't been good for quite some time. Just my opinion.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 9:04:12 AM PDT
Megan says:
I like Femme Fatale more, but both are great!

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 3:39:18 PM PDT
paris says:
i'll go with britney! bionic is just christina being all slutty and cursing just about every song on the album!

christina i find her very stupid by the time she comes out with a new cd her "fan base" gets smaller!
she takes forever to release a new cd and by the time the new cd comes out she would alwayss be a has been!

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:40:34 PM PDT
paris says:
christina aguliera is just boring and i can't stand her all

i'll go with britney.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Femme Fatale Deluxe forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Apr 2, 2011
Latest post:  May 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Femme Fatale Deluxe
Femme Fatale Deluxe by Britney Spears (Audio CD - 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (303)