Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 19, 2012
Not as good as some of the original books but still a very enjoyable read, High recommended along with The Bro Code, Bro on the Go, and The Playbook.
on November 20, 2013
For me this is a running out of ideas, cashing in on the success of the other books and the TV show How I Met Your Mother's popularity type of publication. Most of the stuff in here is a long way beyond what Barney Stinson would actually write, and is just immature lame toilet humour at best. There is the odd parody of children's picture books (or at least the covers) of the Giving Tree, Goodnight Moon, Where the Wild Things Are as well as parodies of nursery rhymes with new titles such as Mary Had a Little Bang, Little Jack Horny, Bro MacDonald that are okay, but the rest of the book is pretty much just filler. I'd check this one out from your local library before paying any money for it.
on July 8, 2014
I love me some Barney stories, and I love that his spin is all throughout the book but...the book really wasn't that impressive. I skimmed through it in about 5 - 10 minutes and was done. No need to read back through it, and no desire to read the whole thing.
on April 22, 2014
Great condition, exactly as advertised. My brother "worships" Barney Stinson, and is going to be a father soon, this is just perfect for him.
on March 25, 2013
We're "advanced maternal age" parents (43 with a 9yr old) and this was so dead on in it's humor I laughed myself into aching ribs. even though it's meant as a humorous book, every young man who's posing the question should read it.

Book was received in perfect condition (for a used-good) and quickly. Will definitely buy 'used' again from Amazon and this seller. Evidently they review carefully what they present for sale.
on January 22, 2013
If you've read any of the other bro code books then most likely you'll love this one. Especially if you're a parent or soon to be parent. This is not a serious book, it's all just jokes and funny stories. So for anyone a fan of How I Met Your Mother and you like or have kids then you'll enjoy this book. It's also a pretty big book,takes a little while to get through if you read everything.
on December 19, 2012
When I first agreed to review this audiobook, I had no idea who Barney Stinson was, nor Matt Kuhn. All I knew was this: Neil Patrick Harris is an amazing actor. While it may simply be personal opinion, the discoveries I made regarding this product makes me believe it's rather an well-known and established fact.

Neil Patrick Harris plays the role of Barney Stinson (**spoiler alert**), fictional character in the hit show, How I Met Your Mother. I had never seen this show before. Actually, a few days after receiving the product to review, I came across the show as a recommendation in my queue. For me, it was an instant hit. But truth be told, it took me until at least halfway through the first season to realize that the Barney Stinson in the show and the Barney Stinson as the author were one and the same. Even though the cover says it all, let's disregard the obvious notion here and move along.

Given the nature and content of Barney Stinson, this audiobook deserves an advisory warning for those who have not seen him in action. Who this audiobook is not for: those averse to fictional science, sexual references, or players. Who this audiobook is for: everyone else, especially those who love a belly-ache from comedy chuckles.

This audiobook shares everything Barney Stinson would have to say about being a parent, and how to survive it by the implementation of awesomeness. In true Barney style, much of it is nonsensical and exaggerated for audience laugh support. Harris even delivers on his end, making this book top-notch in performance. The only challenge Harris faces in his performance is how he dictates the audio instead of acting it. The recording feels strained at times, with Harris not becoming Barney, but representing Barney's work for the microphone. So for those who can get past this, there's a surety that you'd love the rest of the work.

After all, who knew that storks delivering babies was still a popular theory of entering parenthood?

Disclosure: Solid Gold Reviewers contracted me to write an honest review in exchange for a copy of the audiobook. The opinions stated in this review are solely my own.
on December 3, 2012
I gave this gift to my brother and sister-in-law who recently had a baby. This is a very funny book and they have througouhly enjoyed what they've read so far. I would recommend as a gift for first time parents.
on May 23, 2013
What a successful (funny) gift. If you like the show How I Met Your Mother, you'll like the book! From the off-color nursery rhymes to the parenting advice, it will make you chuckle.
Packaging was good and I would order from the seller again.
on February 15, 2014
Continuing the book saga of Barney's rediculousness, it is a fun book. And, despite the fact that he gives terrible advice, you do see some thngs that are worth keeping in mind. (Though you may have to REALLY read between the lines. Haha.)