5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Delicious
These dates were absolutely delicious. I was a little bit worried because the one product review that it had was only one star. But as I looked at all the other date reviews, the trend seemed to be bad reviews in the Fall timeframe. I had these delivered mid-January and must say they were quite exquisite. Many thanks for a great treat at a large dinner party.
Published on January 19, 2012 by J. Robert Bois

1.0 out of 5 stars Items in this Gift Basket were bad -- old and stale
Items in this Gift Basket was delivered to people who called me to say "could not eat any of it, because everything was old and stale." I was sad and disappointed. Time and effort, as well as money to get this, only to find out - terrible.
Published on September 21, 2011 by Peter R.

1.0 out of 5 stars Items in this Gift Basket were bad -- old and stale, September 21, 2011
Peter R. (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broadway Basketeers Dried Fruit Seasons Greetings Holiday Gift Basket (Grocery)

1.0 out of 5 stars Like to gamble? Buying the St. Patty's Dried Fruit Basket is a Crap-Shoot, March 16, 2012
Verminator "VerMin" (Planet Earth? I sometimes wonder.) - See all my reviews
Buying this product seems to be almost literally like rolling the dice in a game of craps!

My experience with this seems to be similar to the experience of "Peter R.", unfortunately.

The price was excellent. I ordered mine after the date of " J. Robert Bois'" positive experience / review was written but before the date of "Cindy 2366's" positive experience / written review. I bought these & gave them to my Dad, as he *LOVES* dates. I noticed when I was visiting him, the dried fruit basket was hanging around in his 'fridge a lot longer than any other date basket I had ever ordered for him.

Finally I asked him about them. He said that he did not want to be rude to me or hurt my feelings but.... the dates, well, he was wondering if he should try & eat the seeds in the center & see if they were soft, because the dates themselves were hard as a rock & tasted stale. I was mortified to say the least... Then he wanted to know (jokingly) if he had done something to make me mad & I bought these for him as his punishment. (No, but I had to laugh when he asked about that.)
Me personally, I have not tried them. I will take his word for it! :)

I told him to throw it away or put it out for the squirrels. After a week of offering the dates, I picked them up out of his backyard and threw them away. The squirrels, opossums, & raccoons declined to dine on the dates.

It seems to be hit or miss with the "Broadway Basketeers Irish St. Patrick's Dried Fruit Gift Basket" purchase.

I will not say flat out "NO! Do Not Purchase This Item, It is Not Good!" That is a choice you will have to make on your own. I just wanted to pass along my experience with the gift basket.

Thank Goodness I caught it when it was on special & did not have the full current purchase price invested in the box! I would have been really sad then!

Amazon, as usual, did a fabulous job with the shipping, packaging, and they arrived quickly, in the time frame advertised / promised.

Best of luck & I hope others have better experiences than my Dad / I had!

Broadway Basketeers Irish St. Patrick's Dried Fruit Gift Basket

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Delicious, January 19, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty but a date overkill, December 19, 2014
It's beautiful and the fruit is tasty, but it's ALL dates. If it says that in the ad I sure missed it. Would have been MUCH better with 1 or 2 other fruits to round it out. How many ways can you present a date? Lined up side-by-side, or in little paper trays, or foil wrapped? There were a few, I think they're called date rolls, and the rest was completely filled with dates. Pretty but a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAd Loved it for his father's day present!, July 1, 2014
Delicious & Fast Shipping!!! Would recommend!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars bad present to send to someone, December 27, 2012
the dates looked very nice in the picture but these dates were stale and hard, and difficult to eat

definitely not worth the $20 I spent for this gift I was embarrassed to give them

1.0 out of 5 stars Dried UP, April 14, 2012
pam (RTP, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
Very disappointed with purchase. The dates were so dried up where it tasted like leather instead of dates. Must have been sitting there for a long long time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly dry, March 26, 2012
I ordered three of the trays (being a date nut) and found that two were old or stale. I admit to not checking the out-of-date on the exterior package, but still - dried out fruit.?! The last tray was fresher, but the experience was soured at that point. I'm disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Fresh, March 10, 2012
Bought this for my mom for her birthday, she was dying to open it so we could all try it. It was nice and fresh and everything tasted great! Wish I had bought one for myself!