5.0 out of 5 stars Super Quiet
Published on April 25, 2010 by D. Croston

3.0 out of 5 stars the fan and light are very good. I firmly recommend
Nightlight bulb is not included. Even after installing nightlight bulb, it does not work. Besides that feature, the fan and light are very good. I firmly recommend.
Published 3 months ago by Meghan Flood

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Quiet, April 25, 2010
This review is from: Broan Model QTXE110FLT 110 CFM 42 Watt Fluorescent Light Ultra Silent Bath Fan/Light (Tools & Home Improvement)
Great product. Very quiet but moves air efficiently. Keeps the mirror clear while showering. We installed this product in a finished bathroom which was a bit more difficult than new construction would have been. The product design made this fairly easy. We had 24" center joists and used only one of the hanger bars. We used a 2 x 4 in place of the other hanger bar. The bars aren't as stable when expanded to 24". We like the fan and would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars 110 CFM Performance, SOUNDS like 50 CFM., June 3, 2012
Well I have to start off saying, this fan was a big pain in the butt to install. But, that's not really the fault of the fan - Just a heads up if you're planning on doing this yourself. Depending on your circumstances, this could take anywhere from 1-5hrs to complete. It may not be as easy as they make it seem in the DIY tutorials. Especially if you have an older house, you are very likely to come across unexpected problems, tight crawl spaces, nasty insulation, uncommon measurements etc, etc. So, depending, you may want to hire someone to do the job for you. Or not.

As far as the fan/light fixture goes, it performs flawlessly! I have about a 70²ft bathroom and this fan provides MORE than enough CFM for removing any and all humidity. There is a dramatic difference between having no fan at all and having installed this fan. It truly does suck up all of the steam in the room. I even intentionally left the fan off, steamed the room up and came back to turn the fan on to determine how quickly it can remove the steam. It took about 30 seconds for the ambient steam to disappear and about 2mins for the steam to evaporate off of the mirrors. Pretty awesome. This will be a huge plus during the hot summer months for keeping the heat and humidity out of the house after a shower. And, as everyone else has said, this fan is SILENT. All you hear is a light sounding rush of air, but no loud, clunky fan motor. It sounds more as though the fan motor is buried deep in the attic somewhere - much the way a central AC vent sounds.

The lights are functional as well. The lights they come with are quite bright white. I believe they're in the 6200K range. Which is very white. If you don't like that type of light, you can always purchase a lower Kelvin rating light bulb. You're not stuck with that spectrum. What are you stuck with, though, is the very non-traditional socket style; GU24 socket fluorescent. No idea why they went with that style. But, that's probably the only con I can think of.

Overall, going from having no fan at all, to this light/fan combo is just awesome. Having installed it myself I feel proud too. If you don't have a fan in your bathroom, get one, because the difference is like night and day. No more sweating after showering during the hot months of summer. No more opening the window to air out the bathroom after using the toilet. No more waiting for the bathroom to be aired out after someone else has used it. What a wonderful thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & Quiet!, January 6, 2010
We just replaced our shower light/fan with this Broan model - looks good & and oh so much quieter than our old fan.
The installer had to go up on the roof and cut a larger hole for the 6" vent, but no more steamy mirrors!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bathroom Fan, July 19, 2010
Bellboy3 "Bell" (Galesburg, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
Received this fan and had it installed in our remodeled bathroom. It is very quiet, provides excellent liight, and looks great. I would recommend it 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, July 22, 2012
We replaced a 4 sone 50 cfm with this (0.7 sone, 110 cfm) and needless to say it's much quieter and moves a lot more air. I can actually feel the drop in humidity from our old fan. The 6" vent meant cutting a new outside hole and it's a pain to install if you don't have access to the ceiling from above (if that's the case consider hiring someone to install it). I was painfully surprised to find conduit in the way in my ceiling. Make sure you have enough head room. The dimensions are 7 5/8" high, 11 3/8" on side w. exhaust, 10.5" on other sides, and the side with the exhaust has a mount for the exhaust hose so you can't push the fan straight up a 11 3/8" x 10.5" hole. It's brighter than I expected, and has a white light, but uses CFLs with two contacts on the base, not the regular screw-in kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 10, 2012
Whisper quiet! Best upgrade I've done to the house. Be sure to use 6" ducting. I used all metal with an insulating sleeve around it. Flex ducting will restrict air flow. Those that are having issues with it loud didn't use the correct size ducting. If you restrict the air flow, you're going to create noise!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, quiet, no steamed mirrors!!, April 13, 2011
Bryan Grady "A Seeker" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I installed two of these, one in each bathroom. After years of steamed mirrors, moldy sheetrock from teenager showers, these fans have solved the problems. My mirrors are never steamy!! The fan is very quiet, so quiet in fact the ladies of the house have complained that they are too quiet and do not mask "noises" as well as do louder fans. These are powerful and do a great job in keeping the bathrooms dry and moisture free. Would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat Buyer 100% Satisfied!, April 23, 2011
I bought the ultra quiet (fan only). In our apartment and had it running 24/7 for 2 years and never had a problem. Then we moved. I put this one in our new bathroom. It broke down soon afterwards. I called Nutone and told then it have been less then a year. They sent me a new motor for free (UPS). It's been running great. The customer service was EXCELLENT (can't say that very often about big companies). I am planning on installing one in the downstairs bathroom this summer.

3.0 out of 5 stars the fan and light are very good. I firmly recommend, May 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 29, 2012
We purchased this item for a bathroom remodel in our 80 year old house. The fan is whisper quiet(we sometimes forget to turn it off). The lighting offered is great, allowing my wife to see while shaving her legs. The nightlight is an added bonus which we use all the time. We had an electrician install this for us and had it vented though the roof. He said it was a good product and quite easy to install. I would definitely recommend this product.

Rate and Discover Movies