Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Color: White on white|Change

on October 4, 2009
Very nice quality - installed easily and really improved the kitchen over the old hood.
Lights are bright and the fan is so quiet that we had to look to see if it was running!
Wish we had changed to this on years ago!
on November 26, 2009
We are re-modeling a kitchen and wanted a stainless steel look. We priced several models in various home stores, but were a little put off by the price. We saw this one and were a little leery of ordering sight-unseen, but the price was GREAT...so we jumped in. First, Delivery was IMMEDIATE from Amazon and I mean, (no kidding) NEXT DAY!! Wonderful! Second, the hood is as good and better than many we saw at far higher prices. It is sleek and well-made. The REALLY LARGE fan moves air and is extremely quiet. This is really an upscale look for our budget. Highly recommended.
on April 26, 2010
One of the comments in previous reviews was that the SS metal was pretty thin. It is, but this is no problem once installed. The lighter weight makes it easier to install. You do have to buy two halogen bulbs separately for this fixture and they cost about $8 each, but they give excellent light down on the range where you need it, and the color illumination is good. Two lamps use 100 watts of power, not excessive for the light supplied. The light switch has a half power light dimmer which works well to both limit the power used, and substantially extend the bulb life. The blower is of the fan type, not squirrel cage, but it is large and moves air adequately. It is not too loud either. Filters are large, easy to install and remove, and can be washed in the dish washer. Over all, this is a very good product.
on February 24, 2011
Overall, not impressed. I have a 7" vertical pipe vent and while they include a damper for every other vent option, they tell you to go buy one for vertical pipe installs (along with the bulbs, which I at least knew about ahead of time). That's more of an inconvienence (HD didn't have one, installed without). The real annoyance came when I realized the fan didn't move freely within the hood. Ended up being the mounting bracket for the motor wasn't level. After straightening it (cheap metal), it at least spins now but since the plastic fan blade is also slightly warped there's still characteristic "off balance fan" noises at high speed. And since there was no damage to the box at all, I'm going to have to blame it on poor workmanship. Also, while the light output is quite good, since the front part of the vent doesn't really have a lip along the front to try to lead moisture to the fan intake.. we see a lot of steam rolling past the front even with the thing on high, or as another reviewer mentioned.. going in through the light holes.

The only thing we're thankful for is that we didn't pay the big box store price for what seems like a poor quality unit. It looks nice though.
on January 28, 2012
I picked this range hood against more expensive QS2, QS3 series because this model seemed not to have a computer board, which puts additional risk of hardware failure. The model indeed did not have a board. The fan is quiet at low speed but as noisy as many other range hoods I have used when it is operating at high speed. The installation manual makes you detach and attach a few parts depending on the operation mode and duct types, but it was manageable. The frustration came when I found out that you have to buy a damper separately if you are going to use a 7 inch round duct, which is not mentioned at all where the catalog says you have to buy par20 bulbs separately. This delayed the installation for 3 weeks. I am not too impressed because the fan noise was louder than I had hoped, but overall I got what I expected.
on February 6, 2010
This is a very attractive hood. Great light and Pretty good exhaust fan. My only neg comment would be that the manufacturer should seal the light openings. Most of the steam etc that you are trying to exhaust travels up thru the light openings instead of thru the screen filters. Works relatively quiet even on high speed. No problem installing. A bit of assembly required, but no big deal.
on September 20, 2012
Most range hoods are toys, and this is not really much different, just upscale. The stainless steel is nice. But it is really the thinnist gauge you could possibly have. If you pulled on it, when mounted, it would deform and bend down well before you could rip it out. Rather than a quieter, more efficient squirrel cage fan, it is a simple blower motor. This puts the motor in the exhaust path which must shorten the life if you actually are using the fan to exhaust more than heat. It's hard to seal the hood to the exhaust pipe with duct tape (almost impossible actually) without removing the fan, which was not a standard installation operation. Standard halogen lamps projected beyond the outline of the hood, making them visible. Just another quarter inch and they would have been recessed with a much nicer effect. There is not very good airflow control which causes the exhaust air to be pulled through the lamp holes into the hood, bypassing the filter. I suspect this would coat the the lamps with grease over time in some kitchens. Doesn't sound like a good idea to have hot lamps coated with grease? But on the whole as good as they come for less than $250. Installation instructions were good. Seemed to be fitted for all the standard ways a hood will mount. Takes two people to install.
on December 10, 2011
Nice hood. Easy to install and powerful. However, as per other reviews, the fan motor mount was either not installed properly or was bent in transit. Had to use a hammer and a pry bar to make adjustments so that the fan would turn. The fan blades were rubbing against the housing. I fixed it myself, but other customers may have more of a problem with it than I did.
on October 20, 2013
We purchased the Broan QS136SS Allure Range Hood to replace another brand we had for many years. The good reviews helped us select this model. However, I was apprehensive about buying such a large item online in case it wasn't compatible with our kitchen and needed to be returned.

But the fantastic price on Amazon was too good to pass up and I took a chance. Well, thankfully, everything turned out fine, although installation was an interesting experience as explained below.

APPEARANCE: I really like the stainless steel look of this hood. The edges are more rounded, unlike my old model that had pointy corners where you could hurt yourself. The filters are easy to install and remove. The controls are easy to access.

DO IT OURSELF: I found an online video that made it look really easy to install range hoods, although it was for another model. However, things got interesting when we started to tackle this project. For one, this unit is designed for multiple setups: ducted or ductless, round or rectangular duct. Also, the parts are stored inside the unit and need to be detached and then assembled for your particular setup. I suppose this keeps costs down and prevents parts from damage in transit.

Secondly, we did not realize that the electrical cable clamp was not included and I couldn't find details about what type to buy. So off I was to the hardware store where it took awhile to get help. Really don't understand why Broan didn't include this inexpensive part for which we had to buy a pack of 3. Unnecessary waste of time and gas.

PAPER TEMPLATE: Also, we found it easier to create a paper template to mark the locations where the screws slide into the keyhole openings. We got this tip from an online video, using thick paperboard instead of plain paper. If you have two strong people, the directions in the manual might work better.

END RESULTS: In the end, we got it installed and when we turned it on, we initially thought it was not working because the low speed is so quiet. But it worked perfectly.

LIGHTS: We purchased two Sylvania 14502 50 Watt PAR20 Narrow Flood Light Bulb / 30 Degree Beam Spread / 120 Volt / 50PAR20 and they provide plenty of bright light. However, the back burners don't receive as much light due to how the lights are oriented in the hood. But it's not a deal breaker.

In spite of the installation challenges, this is a great deal and we're quite satisfied with this purchase. I would give it 5 stars for looks, value and function, but 3 stars for the installation and no cable clamp. In defense of the manufacturer, perhaps this was not meant to be a do-it-yourself project and contractors keep cable clamps in their toolbox.

WHAT'S NOT IN THE BOX:
- Two 50 Watt PAR20 Narrow Flood Light Bulbs
- Electrical Cable Clamp for a 1/2" knockout

PROS:
- Attractive, rounded corners, nice stainless steel finish
- Very reasonable price
- Good fan strength
- Very bright light, even on the low setting

CONS:
- Electrical cable clamp not included
- Not very easy to install. Instructions could have been better.
on May 26, 2015
Just installed this yesterday. Followed the easy to read instructions and everything went well. Easy to install and looks gorgeous with our range. It's not of the highest build quality but it is what I expected from the reviews read. It is very quiet on low speed can't even hear it running. On high it is still quieter than most. I went outside to feel the amt of air it's moving and on high it's blasting out. Couldn't feel a large amount of air draw on the inside but acquit. I used the suggested Sylvania halogen wide-angle flood lamps. There is the perfect amount of light on low. On high it's awesome and there is a perfect spread of light across the whole range top plus a little extra.
review image