5.0 out of 5 stars Broderbund Print Shop 21 Delux
The above product I received was excellent and worked well with my Windows XP, however, I recently purchased a new computer with Vista Premium and had a little difficulty programing it into this system. It did however work & I am very pleased with it.
Published on July 26, 2007 by Joan Gagliano

1.0 out of 5 stars Version 21....WHY ?????
I've been using Print Shop for many, many years, primarily to make greeting cards and note cards. I've upgraded as upgrades became available and today upgraded from version 20 to version 21 deluxe. I also use Norton A/V which has been around for many years and is in very widespread use.

It seems that the two are almost terminally incompatible. PS v. 21 has many...
Published on December 14, 2005 by William J.

1.0 out of 5 stars Version 21....WHY ?????, December 14, 2005
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)

It seems that the two are almost terminally incompatible. PS v. 21 has many projects that are only available online and must be downloaded. There are many of these in the Printed Greeting cards and constitute all of the projects in the Photo Picture Cards and the Creative Touch cards.

Although, at the price charged for this software, EVERYTHING SHOULD BE ON THE CD"S AND SHOULD NOT REQUIRE ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADING, when downloading is tried, you will get the message "The online server can not deliver the file".

When you search their nearly non-existent technical support section, for a solution, you are told "It has been found that certain software security systems do not allow communication between your computer and Broderbund's file servers. You will need to contact your security software's company for information on how to allow this communication or SIMPLY DISABLE THE SOFTWARE TO ALLOW IT." (Emphasis mine)

It thus seems that the makers of PS 21 (Broderbund? Encore? RiverDeep?) could not be bothered to work out these incompatibilities with one of the most popular and widely installed anti-virus software programs on the market and put their program on the market anyway. Their solution to the inevitable incompatibility which they knew full well existed: Simply disable your anti virus protection......and risk having your system destroyed.

Is this worth paying them another $42 for a questionable upgrade?

I plan to uninstall v.21 and return it tomorrow; stay with v. 20 and cross Broderbund off my list for all future purchases of this type of software.

1.0 out of 5 stars MANY BUGS NO SUPPORT, December 27, 2005
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I have owned and used all printshop versions. This is the worst out of the box. I purchased version 21 for epson r300 printing and this is the only thing that works. When I tried to merge addresses with a card project, the program crashed. The solution in the knowledge base did not work. After 2 request over 2 weeks, I received an email that informed me that they did not at this time have a solution. The work around was to print labels without pictures. The sole purpose of this program is to print labels with pictures. I finally reinstalled 20 to be able to print lables with picture with addresses. There were several other problems and again the solution in the knowledge base did not work.

This acts like a beta version. It appears to be released too soon. Support is terrible. Wait for a later version of 21 which hopefully fixes these problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe, March 26, 2006
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
This is the worst print program I have ever used. I had 20 and loved it but it was misplaced. The box says all kinds of things on 21 that are impossible because you have to down load the images, most of them, from the internet and gee, guess what! They are impossible to download! I am totally dissapointed and angry. Also you cannot get help from Broderbund. There is no such thing as customer service there!

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK!, April 15, 2006
Eilatan (Bx., NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
It's ridiculous that you can only install one cd out of the four. The website is no help. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Installation sucks, tech help is awful. It's getting returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars GARBAGE!!! (I gave one star, because 0 was not an option), December 21, 2005
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I created a calendar and attempted to print it. After weeks of trouble shooting, I finally managed to get one of their snotty techs to tell me that it was "normal" for a one-page document to send 500MB worth of data to the printer. Good luck getting that to work. My calendar file sends 3GB (not MB) to the print spooler. I have managed a work around (only because I have worked as a computer tech for most of my life), but it takes me THREE HOURS to print a 12-page document on a laser printer. This program is not even worth the space it takes up in the garbage can!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst Print Shop....save your money til improvements are made., April 11, 2006
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
Hi, I have used PrintShop since it was first concieved on a dot matrix printer. I recently bought 21 Deluxe upgrading from 20, mainly because 21 said that you could do borderless printing, come to find out, only if your printer supports it. Nonetheless, When I go to print something, it takes about 5 minutes for it to print. It sends a huge file to my HP printer and stands there til its ready to print. Its very annoying as PrintShop 20 never had this issue. I dont see why, in print shop, you cannot change the margins, i cant stand all of my projects having a white border around them. I do love print shop and its ease of use..but they need to work on their programs alot more before they are released.

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awful, April 4, 2006
William P. Vallante (Commack, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
It's getting harder and harder to find a piece of software that works the way it is supposed to. Broderbund's offering sure isn't it. There is absolutely no reason for a program like this to lock up on a P4 with 3.0ghz and 128mg video and 1gb memory that is less than a year old.

And where the hell is Broderbund's tech support??? Moreover, where is Broderbund's website? Where is Broderbund? Are they still in business? Helllllooooooo? Anyone out there?

Save your money - don't buy this dog.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stinks, December 19, 2005
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
This software is lousy. I used printshop 5.0 and it was so easy.

I've been trying for days to save my stuff to files, using my documents folder, and the 'my projects' folder as they suggested etc. and everytime it won't open the files or I can't find them so I keep having to start from scratch. When I save it to a folder on my desktop it says I have to use Printshop to open it. So how am I supposed to save it on a disc and print it out somewhere else or send it via email??

This is the most un-user friendly software I have ever used. And the book is useless. It doesn't even tell you what each of the discs are for.

Unless your a pro at using the recent versions of Printshop already I would try to find a package that is easier to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your money, honest!!!, December 26, 2005
xbelltelphoneman (Kenly, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
My beef is that a lot of what used to be in the box is now on Broderbund's I-net site. Besides them wanting to know that I have it and how I use it I have to use dialup (slow) to get graphics etc. and it just isn't worth the price. Want to use an acceptable product from them, I recommend PrintShop 15...it ain't perfect but it's way ahead of PS21 Deluxe. I'm going to return this if I can.

1.0 out of 5 stars Substandard, had to return it, March 13, 2006
This review is from: Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I needed a home publisher program for my newer computer and I had a decent experience with PrintShop on it's much earlier versions. The packaging was awesome, teling me what I will get and what I can do. The price was excellent. I was sold. Then it happened. Greeting Card design (and most project designs) temp plates were limited, unless you buy more on line; printing the cards right didn't happen after numerous attempts and wasted cards. Most of all, the mail merge application will crash the program. It doesn't work, and the tech support was limited, but did confirm Mail Merge doesn't work, and crashes the program, TS offered an alternative method to get around it, but limiting all the creativity you should be getting with a publisher program. In truth I haven't tried the other projects, as I had enough frustration. I am mailing it back hoping for a refund or an alternative working program.

Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION]
Broderbund Print Shop 21 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] by Encore Software (Windows 2000 / Me / XP)
Used & New from: $8.99