Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on June 17, 2013
These girls are so funny.. It's a show you could watch over and over.. hope it gets the attention it deserves i would love to see a blu ray release for the second installment..
on July 11, 2013
I love the fact that this show "pushes the envelope", that is what makes it so great. My wife and I enjoyed the second season as much as the first. I am puzzled as to why the second season is NOT going to be available in Blu-Ray format?
on September 29, 2013
Ive loved this show since episode one! Max and caroline are polar opposites with one being from the street and the other being a rich daddy's girl. And while the show is centered around them, Other characters like Oleg, Sophie and the very loveable Han provide numerous laughs. In my opinion, This is the funniest show on t.v. right now and i highly recommend it!!!! Thanx for reading.
on June 5, 2013
Just because Season 1 Blu-ray didn't sell good dosen't mean Warner Bros. Entertainment have to treat 'us' the blu-ray buyers bad.

5 STARS for the show.
Season 2 was a more funnier than season 1. Great show just beware of some inappropriate jokes. Jennifer Coolidge steals the show, her character is way too hilarious.

0 Stars for Warner Bros. Entertainment for not releasing it to blu-ray. Really want to buy this season but I'll wait until Warner Bros. provide a blu-ray release.
88 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2016
This is one of my favorite shows! I tried watching it when it first came out but I could never remember to watch it and kept forgetting to record it. I finally forgot about it. I came across the show again in reruns and fell in love with it again. I tried recording the reruns but wasn't able to watch the show in order so I purchased the seasons up until current to watch on my Amazon Fire Stick.

This show isn't for everyone. The humor can be pretty dark at times. The humor can also be offensive to overly sensitive people. Yes, they make some jokes based on race, sexual orientation, religion, and anything else that can be made fun but it's not over the top and they make fun of everyone, not just specific groups.

The story line is about 2 young girls living day to day. Both girls are from two different walks of life. They each were raised in different environment and come together by fate... or well TV entertainment fate. Carolyn was raised by her father who was rich but it turns out he was stealing from people through a Ponzi scheme. He was arrested and Carolyn lost everything and everyone. Carolyn is very optimistic and upbeat. Max was raised by her mom and never knew her dad. Her mom was a bad mother. Max is used to disappointment and being in debt. Carolyn put in an application at a diner that Max worked at and their friendship started from there.

Carolyn discovers that Max bakes amazing cupcakes. Carolyn, being her optimistic self, comes up with a business plan for them. Carolyn went to Wharten and studied business. She estimates how much money they need to start their business and their attempts to reach that goal start.

Each episode they're trying to make money while facing emergencies that come up. They work in the diner and have a wonderful relationship with their coworkers, Han, Earl, and Oleg, as well as the Polish lady who lives above them, Sophie. Carolyn managed to keep her horse, Chestnut. They manage to keep him in the backyard of their apartment building which is entirely unrealistic but it still is a fun store line.

The story line is a bit far fetched but if it were realistic it would be really boring and depressing. The jokes are hilarious and Kat Dennings really fits her role. She executes her jokes perfectly and makes them even funnier. Beth Behrs isn't as a great as Kat Dennings with her jokes but it works well with her character's personality.

I'm really enjoying seeing the girls grow. I like that they face hardships often like the rest of us do who can't afford to buy our way out of things. While they do manage to make it through most of their hardships there are times when that doesn't happen and they're back at square 1.
on December 7, 2013
I love this show and I look forward to watching every Monday night. Loved this season and could not wait for it to come out on DVD. Shipping time was as promised and the packaging was in perfect shape.
on February 16, 2016
Kat Dennings is great! I was surprised to learn, because I love this show so much, that this show is not for everyone. It does go on and on with sexual innuendos, and if that line bothers you, then this is definitely not the show for you (especially since Olaf is sooo gross!). Jennifer Coolidge is great and I love how her role increases and character develops throughout the seasons. I also love how Caroline's character transitions and fits in more ad more. This is Season 2 so she was still at the top of her snob game. Perfect. Did I mention that Kat Dennings is GREAT! (BTW, she made Thor 2 a reason to see the movie, for those who don't think that Chris Hemsworth is an absolute God-doll!)
on July 7, 2015
I love this show. It's completely NOT child appropriate as the humor is very adult topic related, but as soon as the kiddo goes to bed- it's in the dvd player.
There are only three dvds in this set, and I wish there were more deleted scenes or behind the scenes bloopers etc., but I'm too thrilled at being able to binge watch so much hilarity to complain.
I'd recommend to adult audiences.
on December 14, 2013
This show is my dirty little secret. But I love it. The characters are stereotypical. The plots are greatly exaggerated. The laugh-track is awful. And the jokes are terrible and dirty. But god help me, I love this show. I have been known to groan out loud to some of the terrible jokes and many times they seem to be completely unrealistic and staged but... I think this might be a show my friends and I would come up with, while drunk, at 2am. So I am really glad it exists..but don't tell anyone. I will deny it!
on June 7, 2014
I enjoyed the first season of this show and the second continued the good episodes. There were a few moments that were off-color or not so great, but overall, the characters continue to be interesting and likable. The season starts out with cupcake shop which eventually goes under leading to a shift in focus for the stories. In some ways, it's a nice change of pace although it leaves the show without a clear direction for a bit. The acting isn't necessarily the best on TV, but somehow the characters all fit. The one thing about this season that was a little different was that the relationship between the two main characters was a bit edgier at times. If you liked the first season of this show, you should definitely check out the second.