Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on September 8, 2012
I'm probably reviewing too early and not giving the book the justice it deserves, but had to comment. Regardless of whether you enjoy science fiction, you will and can be drawn to the very visual, descriptive and interesting prose. I'm not far into the book, but I already enjoy the underlying wit the author shows in descibing the scenes, settings, and thought processes of the protagonist. I will undoubtedly have to review again later when I have more of the book under my belt. But so far I'm enjoying it.

One other thing: the books that come up as similar or that other kindle users have purchased is very misleading. This book is sci-fi, and appears to be thought provoking sci-fi as well.
on August 17, 2012
The book reads like a cross between Philip Pullman's The Amber Spyglass, X-Men, and Hardy Boys Casefiles, but for older audiences and written by someone with a poetic bent.
on October 6, 2013
BROKEN ANGELS is a fantasy, science-fiction novel written by Harambee K. Grey-Sun. Set in the modern day D.C. area and follows Robert Goldner as he attempts to find missing children in a world that has been struck by an odd parasite. Said parasite gives the infected, of which number around 150,000, the ability to manipulate light and radiation, with the rather notable side affect of inevitable death as the parasites consume the hosts from the inside out. Radiation and direct sunlight, the two things the hosts are able to manipulate, became incredibly dangerous as those two items send the parasites into a feeding frenzy.

As the novel begins, the reader becomes aware of how the world of BROKEN ANGELS is quite a bit different then the real world. Our protagonist Robert Goldner bends light around his body, making him invisible. Shortly after this magic trick, he makes note of how teenagers were rather large threats and the younger they were, the more dangerous they were. Shortly after, he meets with his partner Darryl Ridely to investigate a suspicious house. Darryl appears to believe he is an angel of sorts and gets women to fall in love with them before manipulating light to change his appearance and warning his victims to stay away from love and sex. The two raid the house, get in a fight with some teenagers who have been infected with the White Fire parasite, and discover a missing girl who is in bad shape. This sets the basis for the rest of the story as the two men who work for an institute dedicated to finding missing children set off on trying to find the girl's close friend who is also missing. This quest to find her ends with Darryl being abducted, the missing girl being an incredibly religious figure amongst a terrorist cell made of people with the White Fire virus, and a journey through the very unusual world of XynKroma that only infected people can see.

A very interesting and original storyline helps to make BROKEN ANGELS into a wonderful read. Full of action, mystery, and various sorts of conflict, this is a book you won't want to put down. Harambee K. Grey-Sun makes use of a broad vocabulary to weave an enchanting tale that will have your attention from start to finish. The only area of concern is how the other world of XynKroma is rather confusing and quite hard to understand. However the imagery the author uses in describing the world makes up for any confusion.

BROKEN ANGELS is a wonderful novel driven by a unique storyline, fleshed out with wonderful imagery and use of words.

Reviewed by Robert Bennett for IndieReader
on March 7, 2013
wasn't sure i wanted to finish the book, but it got better as I read it. different from normal story's, glad I read it.
on August 14, 2013
I received a free copy of this e-book from the publishers with the intention of giving an honest review.

What to say? I tried, several times, to read this book but I couldn't finish it. It was too convoluted and mixed up. I kept losing track of which characters were doing what and where they were. I kept having to back-track over and over again trying to understand what was going on.

I eventually gave up reading it as it kept giving me a headache. I will not be on the lookout for the next book.
on October 13, 2012
This is a very interesting subject matter and the book starts off well but loses me about halfway through as it gets bogged down in unnecessary details. Sometimes repeating itself in the way it describes things. I found I had to force myself to finish reading it. I will probably not continue with this series. I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a copy of this book.
on December 30, 2013
Harambee K. Grey-Sun tells of a future where the few survivors of the White Fire Virus. gain the ability to manipulate E-M radiatio by turning themselves invisible and shooting bright light and infrared radiation. . Robert Goldner and Darryl Ridley are such Broken Angels who work for the Isaac-Abraham institution that works with the authorities hunting for missing angels. Then they come afoul of a small group of angels who wish to disrupt civilization and create a better one. There’s a psychic world called Xyncroma that cqan be visited while in a coma, that forms the basis of the beliefs of this group. The tale is quite exciting, but Xynchroma adds a weirdness that many readers won’t be expecting in a teen action tale. Review published in the Philadelphia Weekly Press