5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Finish for the Trilogy
Published on December 7, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars STEADY AND NICE READ
this book is much beyond the typical subject line. It blends the best of lesser evils. 3 stars b/c its a steady read, but lacked that wow factor for me.

CONCLUSION
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves reading fiction and something new added to the elements as opposed to only vampires.
Published on January 21, 2011 by J3rm4ine

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Finish for the Trilogy, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Law of the Broken Earth (Griffin Mage Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
If you enjoyed the first two books, then I highly recommend the third. And if you haven't read any of them, I suggest you start (Lord of the Changing Winds). The quality of the writing is high and it's refreshing to read a book with compelling characters that behave in believable ways. While the first two books dedicated more time to world building, I still felt drawn into the atmosphere Neumeier created.

Just good old fashioned story telling in an age where I feel many modern fantasies use gratuitous violence and smut in place of substance. After you finish this series, I also suggest Garth Nix's Abhorsen, Megan Turner's The Thief, Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan, Robert Redick's Red Wolf Conspiracy, and Patrick Rothfuss's Name of the Wind. Because sometimes you can get style and substance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Climax of Events, February 13, 2012
A. C. Chitwood (Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed Law of the Broken Earth. This is the third book in the trilogy.

It introduces us to new characters and brings back some old ones. It brings to a finish the conflict between the People of Earth and the People of Fire and continues to expand on the interesting non-typical way magic in this world works.

Overall I thought this was a good end to a good trilogy. If you like griffins and fantasy stories then I recommend starting off with the first book in the trilogy Lord of the Changing Winds (Griffin Mage Trilogy).

4.0 out of 5 stars strong coming of age fantasy, December 4, 2010
In Feierabiand, her family ignored Mienthe as a child. In fact the gardener was the adult who served as a surrogate parent raising her. That changes when her older cousin Lord Bartaud (see Land of the Burning Sands) takes her under his wings.

Soon afterward, Bartaud's griffin mage friend Kairaithin arrives to inform him that the Wall that separates the land of the fierce griffin from the human kingdoms is splintering. As Bartaud ponders what to do evil Istierinan captures Tan the spy threatening him with torture. Meanwhile Mienthe struggles with her new lot in life as she finds becoming important within a family has a price. She is uncomfortable with learning her magical prowess at a time when her latent skills are needed.

The third Griffin Mage (see Lord of the Changing Winds) is a strong coming of age fantasy starring a wonderful reluctant heroine who prefers to be ignored as that is her comfort zone, but that is not longer an option. The Neumeier universe is cleverly drawn so that the audience will believe in the physics of magic and the wall coming down. The cast is strong except for somewhat the super villain who is too stereotypical of the genre. Still fans will relish the Law of the Broken Earth as Rachel Neumeier provides a powerful vivid realm anchoring a fabulous story line.

Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars Law of the Broken Earth, July 25, 2011
S. Boberg (Hampden, MAINE United States) - See all my reviews
I loved this book and the rest of the trilogy. I could not easily set it aside and had to read all the others; with no deviations to other books. This book fully draws in the reader and keeps attention. I cannot wait to get the 4th book which I am hoping will be forthcoming soon. I would recommend this book to others who enjoy sci-fantasy. I would hate to give away the plot so I shall not tell the story. Please pick up this book. I do not think you would be sorry. I loved it and will definitely be reading future books by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars great fantasy story, June 25, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I downloaded it when it was free. What I can't understand is why the third book in the trilogy was offered instead of the first one? Now that I've read the ending, I wonder what I missed in the first two books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something Different, December 19, 2010
I started this trilogy in the wrong order, reading the final one first and then liking it so much that I went back and found the other two. So much of the fantasy I'm reading lately seems pressed out of the same cookie cutter, just another version of the same thing, but these books were original with strongly written characters and good development of plot. I liked the griffins and found both the main character as well as the fire mage intriguing. Plan to recommend this series to my daughters and granddaughters. We all enjoy good fantasy.

3.0 out of 5 stars STEADY AND NICE READ, January 21, 2011

CONCLUSION

4.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing story over three volumes, this final book ..., July 11, 2014
An intriguing story over three volumes, this final book brought series to a satisfying ending.
Really need to read all three, cos at times it took a while to rejoin all the threads.
Well written, with a narrative that works

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, September 23, 2013
Was a fantastic end to the trilogy and I really loved it. Beautiful characters all the way through. Definitely read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Griffin Mage Power, February 11, 2013
Reading young adult fiction is a tool I use to allow my head to cool and clear after delving into more heady tomes. Rachel Neumeier's Griffin Mage Trilogy, with Mienthe as the heroine, is a treat and I return to it when nothing new has presented itself. Perhaps it is because I have granddaughters, I like the fact that this trilogy turns on the girl Mienthe, an emerging mage in a land of magic; of changing winds, burning sands and...broken earth. If you like reading about magical, mythical creatures and the humans who live among them, you can't go wrong reading these marvelous books.