Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 2, 2001
Lowen & Navarro are wonderful songwriters & musicians & singers, with a charisma onstage that makes them much larger than life, and it's a mystery why they haven't had more success. Their voices blend in perfect harmony, and they open up their hearts and share their emotions in beautiful melodies with haunting lyrics. These guys have a simplicity and purity to their music that is exquisitely balanced by the complexity of their lyrics and the virtuosity of their guitars. There are only two of them, but they are perfectly complete just in and of themselves. The combination of these two unique and very talented people is many times the sum of its parts!
This CD is a collection of their usual fare of wonderful songs - it begins with superb and keeps them coming -- there isn't a substandard song on the entire album. The entire collection is SO GOOD, and the talent is SO STRONG, and the song writing SO WONDERFUL, and the harmony SO TOUCHING, and that combination makes this CD a MUST HAVE! The songs run the gamut of emotions that every listener can empathize with, like love, sorrow, dreams, and dashed hopes.
Not Like You is a personal favorite on this album, and it is an exquisitely lovely song that is especially touching among a collection that is no less than superlative. Just to See You is another memorable one, as is Maybe Later, but each song has a story to tell and each can individually stand on its own. Looking for a CD that doesn't disappoint, that will always offer its uplifting harmonies and timeless emotions, with wonderful musicianship? Get this one! Their Walking on a Wire CD is wonderful as well!
on February 7, 1999
I know the title's already taken, but Shakespeare's play pretty much sums my impressions of L&N's music. A few years ago I went to a Richard Thompson concert at the Wolf Trap. Shawn Colvin was on the same ticket, but I had no idea who the opening act was at the time. By the time Lowen and Navarro left the stage, everyone in the audience was under their spell. Infectious melodies, great singing, and a music that radiated with warmth and goodwill. I gave this to my wife for a Valentine's Day gift; I'm just hoping she doesn't leave home and become a Lowen and Navarro groupie after she hears it.
on May 30, 2014
It is a shame that Eric Lowen has passed away because the music that he and Dan Navarro created with Lowen and Navarro is beautiful and timeless. I have bought this CD more than once and given it to friends. Lowen and Navarro songs continue to this day to be in my mp3 list as well as my CD shelf.
on December 7, 1998
I enjoy every L&N album. Their singing and playing can send chills up your spine while warming your soul. But Broken Moon is something special. Every song is a stand-out, every song speaks from the heart with passion. Killer melodies, beautiful lyrics and superb craftmanship... this is what songwriting and singing is about... one of a handful of cd's that goes with me wherever I travel.
on May 17, 2000
This disc is, quite simply, one of the finest collections of pop-folk songs ever recorded. Infectious melodies, thick hamonies and reflective lyrics that linger well after listening. One of those CD's you never get tired of, and listen to when you need a pick-me-up or a change of mood. Buy this CD, even if you've never heard of them, you won't be disappointed! Phenomenal!
on November 9, 2001
As with another reviewer, this really covers ALL their material. Even though I live in Ohio, I've had the priviledge of meeting Eric and Dan in person. They write and sing from the heart. Their performances mirror a vervor and passion that comes through in this and all their recordings. The music flows and the words convey real thought, passion, and emotion.
on January 14, 2006
I just recently discovered Lowen and Navarro - can't believe what I've been missing all these years! My first cd was Pendulum, which I am in love with. I immediately ordered this one, and can't get enough of it - the voices and harmonies are breathtakingly beautiful, and there's not a bad (or mediocre) song on the whole disc. I can't wait to get the rest of their collection. These guys are incredible - you can't go wrong with this cd.
on June 1, 1999
I can't decide what's better, the great lyrics or the smooth vocals. "Not like you" is probably the best love song ever written. Plenty of songs to sing along to... very upbeat! If you're a fan, it's a must-have. If not, it will convert you.
on August 11, 2000
Fabulous collection of beautiful songs! Between the acoustic guitar and piano, the voices, and the lyrics - fantastic end results! I started with Walking on a Wire, and also have Pendulum. They just keep getting better!
on August 2, 2015
One of my favorite Albums. So sad Lowen is no longer with us. Fantastic acoustic guitar and harmonies!
I have great memories associated with this music.