From the Inside Flap
"[A] psychedelic trip of a novel."
"A laugh out loud, thought-provoking novel."
"A D.I.Y. Frankenstein's monster that uses parts pulled off Kurt Vonnegut and David Cronenberg, drunkenly stitched together while a Stooges bootleg plays at 110 decibels."
"Broken Piano often reminds me in ways of [Nick] Cave's last novel, The Death of Bunny Munro."
"Chok-full of sharp wit and punk irreverence and is a guaranteed treat for all enemies of Jonathan Franzen."
"Like Christopher Moore on very strong acid. In Broken Piano For President, he's created a Pynchonesque universe...A rollicking good time of a novel."
-Greg Olear, author of FATHERMUCKER and TOTALLY KILLER
"Not only continues to break fresh Wensinkian ground, he continues to find his voice, a warped voice surely, but one uniquely his own."-Ben Tanzer, author of My Father's House and You Can Make Him Like You
PRAISE FOR PATRICK WENSINK
- "Deliciously dark and funny."- Louisville-Courier Journal
- "This is Wensink's special touch: to go as far out as possible with character and concept, but still drive a deeper meaning home. He does so by mixing his Palahniukian style with the kind of twisted humor you can normally only find on Adult Swim."- LEO Weekly
- "In Wensink's world 'nothing special' always turns 'mucho weirdo' before the story is over."- PANK
- "One of those rare gifts we get every now and again."- The Fanzine
- "Irreverent, outrageous, and fearless in his choice of material, Patrick Wensink has a true knack for absurdity."- JOEY GOEBEL, author of Torture the Artist
- "Patrick Wensink demonstrates a gift for darkly absurdist humor that (just guessing here) surely derives from watching either too much or not enough television." - JAMES GREER, author of The Failure
- "Absurd, surreal, and funny." - Lance Carbuncle, author of SMASHED, SQUASHED, SPLATTERED, CHEWED, CHUNKED AND SPEWED
- "Wensink has a sharp wit on display."- Jordan Krall, author of Tentacle Death Trip