Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Broken Trail forum

Broken Trail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2006 4:18:59 AM PDT
I liked the film, but why were they branding in the rain? you can see that the calves were only hair-branded. I wish Duvall's saddle had been more period correct also. Some of us like the small details as well as the action, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2006 6:08:35 AM PDT
P. Grau says:
I loved the movie - but I found a couple things distracting. First was Church's constant removal of his hat for no apparent reason relating to the story - just seemed he wanted a better camera angle for his close-ups. The ever-secure Duvall was the consumate cowboy - hat on. And the other thing that did relate to the story - I found myself wondering why they never took that girls stupid wooden shoes off. What was with all the carrying? Did they explain that and I just missed it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2006 10:10:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2006 10:11:43 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2006 10:16:15 AM PDT
As a child, her toes were broken and flipped under her foot and bound that way. Its called foot-binding. She was crippled from then on. Had nothing to do with her shoes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2008 2:00:13 PM PST
P. Toye says:
you missed it. the girl's feet were bound (anywhere between 2" to 4" in length) so it's very difficult to walk. The custom of binding the feet is to prove the woman need not walk far if she had servants and having petite feet as attractive. Therefore, it's reasonable to surmise she may have been kidnapped and then sold into slavery.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2008 12:22:25 PM PST
John Rush says:
Her feet were bound i.e. broken and tied together - she had to walk as a cripple or be carried

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009 9:57:32 AM PST
Yes, I have branded in the rain and it is not fun, but is possible. In livestock raising, the weather does not always cooperate, so I felt the branding was very realistic. Also if you watched closely, the branding was not done on real livestock. It is hard to do more than a hair brand on a tanned hide.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Broken Trail forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Broken Trail
Broken Trail by Robert Duvall (DVD - 2006)
4.7 out of 5 stars (702)