4.0 out of 5 stars A 4th Grader's Review
Published on July 28, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 read for those wanting to start their own Book Club
Published 14 months ago by Paula L. Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 read for those wanting to start their own Book Club, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Bronte's Book Club (Paperback)
Feeling lonely and wanting to make new friends in her new community, Bronte decides to start a Book Group for lovers of books and their dogs- yes you read right -their dogs. This reminded me of the American founded programme "Reading With Dogs". On the first book group meeting, hardly anyone shows up but the second meeting Bronte is introduced to a group of girls who we will read as they all become the bestest of friends. We have Willow - whose quirky but hiding a secret she is ashamed of ? Nan - Nan lives on a boat and has been brought up in what she calls "The Simple Life" , Lupo - who dreams of being a famous actress in California and Jessie - the quiet one of the group who we discover is in the grieving process. Together over the course of the pages, these girls will read and bond over the book "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by Scott O'Dell as we see them relating the chapters to their everyday lives.
I personally would have liked to have seen more than one book discussed , but I did find that if you are a Tween and wanting to start your own book group up for you and your friends - then Bronte's Book Club gives reader's an insight into what a book group can or could look like.

#This was a library book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A 4th Grader's Review, July 28, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Bronte's Book Club (Paperback)
Bronte's Book Club is a great book for third and fourth grade children. I read this book and I really enjoyed it. It's about a young girl named Bronte going into seventh grade, and she has just moved to Gray's Beach in California. Bronte decides to start a book club so she can meet new kids. She is a shy girl who overcomes her shyness by starting the book club. She gets a lot of new girls to come to her new book club, and she gets to know them well enough to get together every Wednesday for two hours to read chapter books like Island of the Blue Dolphins.

One reason I liked this book so much was that Bronte likes to read, and so do I. This book was also fun for me, because I've read Island of the Blue Dolphins, and so I found it interesting when they discussed it. This book offers realistic ways to meet new people, and I think I might do a book club like this one.

In the back of the book it shows you how to start a book club, and how to make some of the snacks she makes for her group.

I would rate this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Bronte's Book Club (Hardcover)
I was reading this to my daughter, and she completely lost interest in it a few chapters in. It just wasn't very interesting.

Bronte's Book Club
Bronte's Book Club by Kristiana Gregory (Paperback - November 30, 2008)
Used & New from: $3.79