5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic New DVD
Published on January 4, 2013 by Supermom3

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like her first one
This is so disappointing the workouts are shorter and the moves are not as challenging as her first DVD. Also the DVD says her smoothie recipes are included... Never got those recipesn
Published on January 25, 2013 by Angel Whitaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic New DVD, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
I couldn't wait to get this new DVD by Brooke Burke. I have her 2 other DVD's which are great but take almost an hour to do the entire thing. This new DVD does not dissapoint. There are 2 different 30 minute workouts. One is more cardio the other more toning. They both do a great job getting your heart rate up . The workouts are fun and use completely different moves from her previous DVDs. The 30 minute length gets a good workout in without being boring. Highly recommend if you would like to get a good workout, with an upbeat instructor in a 30 minute time period!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel Good Workout!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
This is a feel good workout for days you do not feel like exercising! It is fun and effective. The set is airy and appealing to the eyes. Brooke is very personable and encouraging. It is circuit style with various exercises. I would rate this as beginner/immediate. If you are advanced you can do this workout on a day where you want a good workout, but not a draining one. Brooke and her team are fun to work out with. It is relaxing to see workouts don't have to be stressful. You can do anything for 30 seconds even burpees. Brooke looks amazing so I trust her when she says she knows how to get make you look good! Please go into this workout with a fun attitude. If you are looking for something hard core then look else where.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
So just tried the video..It's not as good as her other two DVD's she came out with. Her other videos she gave much better instructions before doing each move and took a little more time demonstration them. If you are looking for a quicker video though and the option of doing a cardio one day and toneing the next it's a nice option. Will enjoy doing this when I have limited time, but will be much easier once I've got down all the moves and go as fast as her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Body Workout, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
Love Love Love this workout. It is a nice slow paced workout that helps you without killing you in the process! Brooke is a calm instructor, who explains what she is doing and she is easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
I enjoy working out with this DVD. She goes slow enough and demonstrates each exercise first. Very easy to follow and I do feel like I'm getting a decent workout when I do the entire 60 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
I haven't worked out in two years and I was looking for something to ease back into my workouts. I worked out daily prior to my 2 years off. I have bad knees and this DVD is awesome for me she is just motivating does all the routines with you and at a pace everyone can follow. I have been doing it for 5 weeks and am losing weight down 12 lbs but I combined it with the Fast Diet which is very easy to do. This DVD is great if you are looking for a good workout with results for 30 minutes you can do it trust me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start for a beginner..., January 19, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
I just received my DVD and started this morning. This is great for a beginner and or intermediate workout. For beginners, there are relative moves to do. It keeps you energized and who doesn't want her body. Thanks Brooke!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun cardio and innovative moves, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
I bought this because Brooke is over 40, and what woman wouldn't want to look like her, including those under 40. Do I think that if I do it every day that I will look like Brooke? No. However, if I do it every day, I will definitely be fitter and healthier and maybe even leaner and stronger.

For those reviewers who are slamming this DVD, the technical adviser is Kendell Hogan, and he makes solid workouts. He was on ExerciseTV and I think in some Crunch DVDs. There are some new-to-me moves on this, which was a nice surprise.

This DVD has two 30-minute workouts, one for cardio and one for strength that uses light weights. Each workout is about 25 minutes plus a 5-minute stretch.

Brooke's personality is pleasant and fun. From doing each workout once, I can't see anything that would grate on my nerves time after time. Her instruction is good, but when she's demoing a move, I tend to move around a lot to stay active.

The workouts are good. I'd recommend this to beginners and people returning to exercise after being away for a while. Intermediates looking for a light day DVD might like it, too. One of the best things about it is the pace - it's slow enough that you don't get hurt, but you can modify your moves and go faster if you want. For cardio, I prefer walking and running. However, Brooke's personality combined with some of the moves made this the first ever cardio DVD I've done that made me smile - it's actually fun! As for the weights portion, she recommends light weights, but the two-pounders I used were far too light. I'll try 3's and 5's in the future. (I go light the first time I try a new DVD.) Both workouts use moves that are full-body workouts with lots of core work in the moves. One woman shows modifications to make the moves easier.

The set is nice - hardwood floors with floor to ceiling sheer white curtains that hide what looks to be an ocean, but I'm sure it's just a backdrop made to look like an ocean. The lighting is bright and cheerful. All in all, it's a pretty set that is one of the best "living room" type sets in a workout DVD. The faux-brick gym or industrial-type setting get OLD fast.

The music upbeat and nice.

Overall, this a great workout DVD for those who want a short workout that's effective but not exhausting. To me, it's a fun workout that's done in a feminine way, even though you're sweating (in the cardio part) and working your muscles (in the strength part). Too many workout DVDs out there are either feminine and ineffective or effective but in your face drill sergeant. I think Brooke has hit gold with this DVD, and I will definitely try her other DVDs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like her first one, January 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a beginner!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
I have three children, I'm 5'4" and I weigh 137 lbs. I'm not a big person but that doesn't mean I'm in great shape and can crush cardio workouts because I'm not and I can't...yet. This video is great for a beginner with exercise in general, such as myself. I do the 30-minute cardio exercise and the next day, I do the 30-minute tone and sculpt. I'm on day 6 and I already feel different. This is the first workout video I've done where I can complete the whole thing without stopping unlike Insanity. Eventually, I'll be able to take on such an aggressive workout but until then, I'm sticking to Brooke Burke. Remember, if you want true results, proper nutrition intake will be the most effective. :)

Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down
Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down by Brooke Burke (DVD - 2012)
$14.99 $8.99