5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cycling
I've been looking for a pair of briefs I can wear under padded cycling shorts that will keep my package in place and won't bunch up around the tops of my legs and chafe my crotch. These are perfect.
Published on October 31, 2009 by W. Schickling

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but there is better
Published on December 8, 2009 by bz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but there is better, December 8, 2009
bz "bz" (raleigh, nc) - See all my reviews
I purchased the brooks equilibrium as well as the ex-officio give-n-go sport brief. While the brooks is adequate for what I was looking for (wiccing underwear for running), the ex-officio is much more comfortable. You can barely tell you're wearing them except for the support. The brooks don't fit as well and trap more heat too. They are a quality product but I would buy the Ex-officio over this product if given a choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cycling, October 31, 2009
W. Schickling (Buffalo, NY USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, October 16, 2010
This review is from: Brooks Men's Equilibrium Brief (Apparel)
I'm not a runner, but I got these because chafing is uncomfortable for any guy, even if he's sitting at a desk. These keep my dry and comfortable all day long.

3.0 out of 5 stars not enough support, September 7, 2013
Alan (Provo, UT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brooks Men's Equilibrium Brief (Apparel)
These briefs are made of nice smooth cloth, which is good for running underwear. The quality of sewing and materials is very good. I bought the briefs because someone else recommended them highly to me. However, for me, the pouch is not supportive enough and there is too much waistband. I went for one run in these briefs and won't be using them again because of the lack of support.

5.0 out of 5 stars brooks running briefs, December 15, 2011
Great fit, perfect as a layer under tights during cold windy weather. Keeps the important parts warm, and prevents any chafing.

4.0 out of 5 stars they work, May 31, 2013
What more can you say about underwear. Got them for running in the rain as they will dry quickly unlike cotton briefs. Fit and construction seem good.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, February 24, 2013
These are very comfortable and make running more pleasant, providing the necessary support needed. Wear during normal activity is comfortable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgot I was wearing them, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Brooks Men's Equilibrium Brief (Apparel)
These look a little weird, like Speedos with a shiny patch in front. Wouldn't wear them in front of the in-laws. I used them for the first time this morning for running, wearing them under a pair of Brooks cold-weather tights. Bought them because I needed something to prevent freezing in the jewels during cold-weather runs, not to put too fine a point on it.

They worked as advertised. I did not experience any discomfort, chafing, binding, etc. and there was no bulk to them at all. Once I got started running I was not aware of them at all, and that stayed the same for 4.7 miles. After my run I was still warm in the affected region.

You can get these in a boxer brief version as well, but I don't see the point of all that extra material - these cover exactly what needs to be covered. I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable., January 29, 2013
Stays in place even during vigorous exercise. No binding like a traditional athletic supporter. Will be ordering more of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slides too much, January 1, 2013
When I go running the briefs slide too much. I can feel an uncomfortable pushing into my upper legs when I'm wearing it.

Brooks Men's Equilibrium Brief