5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shoe

1.0 out of 5 stars HATE this shoe! GTS11 MUCH BETTER
Published on March 24, 2012 by Amanda Gillen

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shoe, January 2, 2012
D. Smith "Vassardeb" (Washington, D.C. USA) - See all my reviews
I've started walking 4 and 5 miles daily in preparation for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure. I've had foot trouble for years (plantar fasicitis and bunionectomies). Wearing these shoes I have the support I need, without custom orthotics. Over the years I've worn Mizuno, Saucony and Nike running shoes with and without motion control. I've worn them for walking and to run 5ks. None of them have equaled the Brooks Adrenaline 12 for comfort and control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye shinsplints., January 31, 2012
Jessie (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
I purchased these shoes after getting my stride checked at a local running store. The difference when I run is outstanding. I've been working on the C25K program since January 1st, and hit a wall in week 4 when shinsplints prevented me from continuing to run before being exhausted did. These shoes are *fantastic* for over pronaters like me.

1.0 out of 5 stars HATE this shoe! GTS11 MUCH BETTER, March 24, 2012
I just assumed I would love the GTS12 as much as I do the GTS11.....not so much. I needed a half size larger in this shoe. The construction is just so off and the material is so thick and abrasive. The seams of the tongue rub against my foot. The GTS11 was MUCH better constructed. This shoes is so heavy and clunky and causes pains in areas a new shoe shouldnt. I have a blister from where the shoe was rubbing where the seams on the sides are. I decided going back to my GTS11 and plan to just buy another pair of those. I DESPISE these new adrenaline's.....What happened?

5.0 out of 5 stars My miracle shoes, April 6, 2012
Amazon Customer (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
A few months ago, I decided it was time to knock some weight off my short, round frame. Since I was never very active before I had no idea how much the right shoe mattered. I was leaving the gym feeling like my endurance wasn't shot but unable to go any further because of foot and knee pain. I could barely bend my knees, and just standing up felt like all the bones in my feet were broken. Finally, I went and got fitted for a new pair of shoes - the Brooks Adrenaline 12 was the 3rd shoe I tried on that day, and they would have had to pry them off my cold, dead carcass to get me to leave the store without them. In less than 2 weeks, I've been able to double the distance I'm able to go in each workout and my knees - which were (particularly the left one) feeling unstable and constantly aching - felt NORMAL again. There might be a better shoe out there, but for now I'm not interested in looking. These were a perfect match!

5.0 out of 5 stars Arch Support, January 6, 2013
very good arch support, when i work out in these shoes I dont have to wear my insoles. and on a scale of 1-5 , 1 being little arch and 5 being high arch, my arch is a 0.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this shoe., December 20, 2011
I have been a novice runner for several years. I started with the GTS 8 and just trained and ran a Half marathon in the GTS 11. I didn't encounter any injuries or aches and pains. However, the minute I strarted training in the GTS 12, i started to encounter pain and stiffness in my legs after running. They felt heavy while running. I plan on returning them and finding another pair of GTS 11s!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, December 10, 2011
This shoe is a huge disappointment. I have been running in the Adrenaline GTS series for the past 10 years and Brooks really messed up a good thing with the GTS 12 model. This shoe is significantly heavier than its predecessors and feels bulky and awkward. I am a competitive triathlete and use this shoe as a trainer for my longer runs. I have done about 6 runs in these shoes and every run ends with me stopped on the side of the road in pain because my joints ache so severely from these shoes. As soon as I switch to my other shoe (GTS 11) everything returns to normal. I wish I could return these and trade them in for the older model.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous versions of this shoe..., June 22, 2012
I've been wearing these shoes for years and this year, the GTS 12, has been causing me a lot of problems...they just don't fit the same as past GTS sneakers. My feet have been hurting me in spots I've never had problems with before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive change in the new GTS12, July 3, 2012
MomOf2 (Highlands Ranch, CO) - See all my reviews
I will agree with the others that say there is a difference between the GTS11 and 12. For me it is a postive difference... Yes, I had to order a 1/2 size larger and yes the platform is more stiff. I had to stop running in my GTS11s because with a narrow foot and high arch I was still overpronating, I switched to Asics but they were so heavy, wide and clunky I couldn't take it. So thought I'd try the GTS12 and absolutely love them, I have 83 miles on them (training for a 1/2 marathon) and they are my best friend. I'm getting ready to buy my second pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, May 25, 2012
I have been buying these adrenalines since GTS8 I think. I am currently training for an ultramarathon and bought these mid-training. They feel just as good as the GTS11 and did not cause any disruptions in my training. In fact, I wore them for a 50km run a week after I got them. I did not have to break them in at all. I like the added loop for the shoe laces but they are pretty much the same otherwise.

Rate and Discover Movies