4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes
Published on November 28, 2011 by leer

3.0 out of 5 stars Six Month Shoe
These, like most shoes, are excellent new. However, if you are running off-pavement, then you will find the tread wears quickly. These lasted me 6 months with average 24 kilometers per week. It does have good waterproof protection.
Published 19 months ago by planetmike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, November 28, 2011
I have run in Brooks Adrenaline GTS road shoes for the past year. I needed a pair of Trail Shoes quickly and did not have a ton of time to shop. I chose the Adrenaline ASR GTX because of my experience with the GTS. I received the shoes on a Thursday and ran a 15 mile trail run that Saturday. The shoes were extremely comfortable, but would have benefited from a more aggressive tread. I did slip a few times, but it was pretty wet and very dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry feet at last- Great all around trail running, hiking, winter/wet weather shoe., October 9, 2012
Keeps my feet dry. This is my third pair because I use these shoes for everything--road running, trail running, hiking, walking---my go to shoe. I have had both the women's and men's model(purchased men's last time due to lower price). Gore Tex is awesome for keeping my feet dry even through wet tall grass, rainstorms, and snowy roads. I haven't found a better shoe for this yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Six Month Shoe, June 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good winter runner, November 24, 2011
Erik (Wells, MN, US) - See all my reviews
I bought these to replace my Adrenaline GTS 11 running shoes. They are great becase they are waterproof, which helps when the slush and snow come here in Minnesota. They also have deeper treads for better traction in inclimate weather. One thing I notice is the ride is much stiffer than the GTS, but this is a trail shoe so I understand why.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good...except, September 12, 2012
M. Mahmud (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these because my Vibram Five Fingers weren't cutting it on the rocky Phoenix Metro mountains. After bruising the soles of my feet many times, I finally decided I needed some serious sole protection. First time I wore them, my little toes on each foot got badly chaffed after 6 miles on the trail. I was about ready to return these (courtesy of Brooks 30 day satisfaction guarantee) but decided to try them with different socks. Bingo! No little toe chaffing and no bruised soles. So these are winners in my book. If I change my mind I will write an amendment, until then, thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trail running shoe - wished it didn't wear out so quickly, August 12, 2012
These shoes are great since I normally run in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS when running on the road and these have the exact same fit and pronation correction. I've used these on a hundreds of miles of trail running around Seattle.

My only complaint is that the tread can detach quickly if you're running on sharp rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hiking Shoe, June 15, 2013
This review is from: Brooks Men's Adrenaline Asr GTX Running Shoe (Apparel)
I just returned from a 500 mile backpacking hike on the Camino de Santiago across Northern Spain. These Brooks shoes were terrific for this type of hike. We experienced extreme conditions, including snow and rain, as well as very rocky and uneven surfaces. The waterproofing on these shoes works very well, as we were constantly in mud, puddles, etc. They are very comfortable and lightweight. My only complaint is that I have now put about 600 miles on these shoes, and the tread is mostly gone. That's one of the trade-off for shoes that are both hiking shoes and running shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hiking shoes I've had, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Brooks Men's Adrenaline Asr GTX Running Shoe (Apparel)
I love these shoes. Took me a while to get away from wearing heavy boots because I could find a pair of size 15 gortex trail runners. I hiked 30 miles the other day with these shoes through mud water, weeds, loose dirt, and abrasive rocks. My feet stayed dry and I didn't have any blisters or hot spots. The shoes are holding up great and I can't wait to backpack the JMT in them this sumer. It's so much easier on my feet having a light pair of gortex shoes compaired to heavy boots. Love em!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Running Shoes, July 11, 2014
I am an Adrenaline junkie! once I bought these shoes I have not gone to another brand. Some of my strains in my IT band and foot issues went away as well.
The fit was a little tight on top of my foot between tongue and lace loop. The next generation road shoe has solved this. Check out the 2014 model. i just bought these and am even more happy

5.0 out of 5 stars They are wonderful!!, December 31, 2013
Absolutely love my shoes. I walked in them in the rain and stayed dry....Ran a 5k today in snow & slush...my feet stayed nice and dry!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›