Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brooks Saddle Cover, Medium
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: Medium|Change

on July 6, 2010
This is a good cover for your Brooks saddle. I bought this as I live in the Northwest and it rains frequently and can soak one's saddle in a matter of minutes. The cover is waterproof and does an excellent job of protecting the TOP of the seat. However, since I don't ride with fenders, I still find myself wrapping a plastic bag around the seat to cover the bottom and protect saturation coming through from beneath off the rear tires. I stuff a heavy duty plastic sack inside the saddle cover, and keep both under my Brooks - so they're always there when I need them. The cover is very durable and you can ride with it on all the way (my commute is 17 miles and often in a downpour) and it is holding up very well. I'm glad I made the purchase.
on April 13, 2011
Very well made of heavy material with a great fit.Rolls up nicely and even has a velcro strap attached to it to keep it small for storage. I bought the medium for my B-17 sadle.
on February 1, 2013
I bought this cover for my B17 Special and so far it has worked wonderfully. The fit is a little bit on the snug side but when it's on, it looks like it was made for the saddle. I purposely bought the cover without the "Brooks" logo in order to help deter thieves from seeing the valuable logo. My brother and I were just in a bicycle Co-Op with lots of knowledgeable cyclists roaming around. With the rain cover on, they were completely unaware that it concealed a Brooks. I haven't used it in heavy rain yet, but I did have it covering the saddle while it was mounted to the car and driving on the highway. The Velcro strap works well to wrap around the rails and gave me piece of mind that it wouldn't go flying off. I've already bought a second and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to protect their leather saddles!
on December 28, 2012
I bought the Brooks Saddles Rain Cover to keep my Brooks Conquest (an older all-terrain model) dry when rain threatens. The fit isn't quite perfect (the Conquest is no longer made; this cover would be a perfect fit for most new Brooks saddles), but it gets the job done. It also works for my Fizik Arione.

My one complaint is that I wish the hook-and-loop tap is a tad short for my particular saddle. Again, this is probably due to the fact that the Conquest is no longer made.

In short, this does what it's meant to do: it protects fancy leather saddles from the rain (it might also give them a measure of protection against thieves, by virtue of disguise -- mine doesn't have a big "Brooks" logo or anything like that). I suppose it could also be used to give new life to old non-leather saddles that have holes in their skins. It's inexpensive and works just fine.
on August 10, 2013
I have a Brooks Imperial and the cover fits but in my opinion it should wrap underneath better than it does.
on March 30, 2016
Like the cover and it just doesnt get as tight as I would like. I still put a bag over the cover with a strap so the wind doesnt pull the cover off while transporting my bike. Had to add fenders to my bike as water soaked my Brooks saddle underside even with the Proofide added. Nice cover and do not let you Brooks saddle get wet ever, mine stretched,
on June 16, 2014
This was recommended by the bike shop where I bought my new Brooks B17 saddle. Made from a vinyl plastic material, it has draw strings to snug it after you put it on your saddle. This is a medium and it fits the B17 perfectly. Check to make sure this will fits your saddle.
on October 18, 2015
Brooks saddles are the best. Every time I purchase a new high end bike that supposedly has a high end saddle, it always causes sore bottom when riding 5-8 hrs. Brooks saddles work with very minimal soreness. Some say they are too hard at break in. I haven't experienced that phenomenon. Note it isn't the soft 1/4" material on top of a saddle that matters. It is the foundation.
on December 27, 2015
This cover is a lifesaver when you get caught out in the rain with your leather saddle. It packs up much smaller than I expected and stows easily behind the spare tire in my saddle bag. It has a built in velcro strap to keep it bundled up tight for storage, and an elastic cinch to keep it secure on your saddle when in use.
on March 29, 2011
I bought this to replace a Carradice cover whose water-proofing layer had started to deteriorate. The button that holds the cinch-cord taut on this cover failed within a few months, proving the Carradice snug-fit design to be the better choice. Unfortunately, it looks as if Carradice may have stopped manufacturing its cover, as I can't find it on Amazon or the Carradice website. I think I'm going to replace this cover with an Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, which appears to have a Carradice-like design. It's a pitty that Brooks can't make a decent cover for its own saddle.