5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Adrenaline GTS 12s
Published 23 months ago by Erin V Casey

Published 12 months ago by Jenn

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Adrenaline GTS 12s, December 19, 2012
Erin V Casey (Beloit, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I have been running in Brooks Adrenaline for a few years now; I have tried the 11s, 12s, and now the 13s. After the 11s, I needed to go up half a size because it seemed like the shoe got smaller. I ordered the same size 13s as 12s (8.5, regular width) and I really like them. It seems like Brooks may have included a bit more arch support in this newer version (or maybe it just feels that way because all the cushioning is gone in my 12s?) and I can always use more arch support. They are not quite as bright/neon as I would have liked, but I'm really glad to have a shoe not in pink or purple or the boring blue. All around, a very well done shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars They ruined my perfect shoes by changing the fit, August 3, 2013
Nicole "Nicole" (Huntsville, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes (Apparel)
If you need motion control shoes, especially in a narrow, you know how limited your options are. The GTS 11 and 12 were perfect for me... and while I still purchased the 13 because it provided the support I needed and was the closest thing to a correct fit I could find, it still wasn't right.

The good: They still provide lots of support, and the motion control support is back toward the heel (like Asics) and not in the arch (like Nike), so it works better for severe pronators. The 13's seem lighter as well.

The not so good: Traction seems to be less in these than in the 11's and 12's.

The changes: The 13's run a little narrower than the previous generations. I can wear a 9B in the 13s (no AA was available to try). If you have narrow feet, you may be able to get away with the regular width and have access to better stock levels and more colors. Second, the heel cup is shallower in the 13's -- too shallow for me. The earlier ones always had a bit deeper of a functional cup which allowed the use of custom orthotics and other inserts.

For some people, the new fit may be better, but if you are a long time user of the Adrenaline line you may want to try these in person. They will not fit like you are used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biggest Brooks fan ever, January 9, 2013
I love Brooks, and these shoes did not disappoint. I have been running in minimalist/neutral shoes for about two years, after having run in adrenalines and trance for 10yrs prior. I am back to Adrenalines for the extra support! These shoes are comfortable and provide the right amount of control for me. They are also light, and they are a beautiful shoe. I LOVE these.

5.0 out of 5 stars brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoe, May 29, 2013
I buy this style each year before my 39 mile Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It's always a reliable fit, and great ankle support. I have a slight over-pronation, and this handles that well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, dries quickly! Not enough toe room to avoid toenail loss for Morton's toe folks!, November 12, 2013
Jenn "sfjenn" (San Francisco, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes (Apparel)
At first -- I loved these shoes - I think I put about 350 miles on them. I bought 9.5W and they fit great - I ran 4.5 to 13.2 mi workouts in them, distance and speed, pavement and trail. They dry quickly - so when I wore them on my vacation and found myself stomping through slushy heather, on muddy wooded trails or sandy wet trails along the ocean - I just hosed them off, pulled out the liners and they were dry by later that day.

The bad news, for me, is that while the W width felt great, the shoes really relaxed so that I didn't feel as much stability and it felt like my feet moved around side-to-side a lot more. Maybe this had to do with having got them wet or just having worn them as many miles as I did.

Overall they are very comfortable shoes and with a slightly rounded & high toebox.

However, for someone with moderate Morton's toe (my 2nd/3rd toes are longer than my first toe), this is probably not the shoe for you.

I kept losing my toenail on my 2nd toe on my left foot -- and then switched to Saucony Stabil CS3. My toenail healed up. About 9 months after switching to the Saucony shoes, I grabbed the Brooks Adrenaline GTS13 to bring on a trip -- and just after one short 5 mile run, I lost that toenail again!

It's something about this shoe and the way it fits on my foot -- ymmv!

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, great for flat feet., March 21, 2013
Madison Mom (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I have always run in Asics but when these were recommended for people with flat feet -- I made the switch -- and have been very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for distance running, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes (Apparel)
I got the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 when I decided to start training for a half marathon. Before my weekly long runs were 4 - 6 miles, and as I increased the frequency and distance of my runs, I started getting shin splints, runner's knee, and just pain all over. I went to a local running store and got fitted for these. They are great for my slight over-pronation. Pretty much all the pain went away after running in these for about a week. (Although I also started using Pro-Tech knee bands.) These feel extremely light, even though they are just a tad heavier than my Asics GT 2000's (several reviews attribute this to weight distribution). I have put about 100 miles on them and the only complaint I have is that they are so dirty from so much wear. I got the white with blue because that's what was available in the store. When I order my next pair - which I will, because these are wonderful - I will make sure to not get white.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Brooks, April 21, 2013
rachel m berg (concord, nc United States) - See all my reviews
Great shoe, great fit, I'll never wear anything else. It is like running on pillows. These shoes are great if you need stability.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brooks, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes (Apparel)
I owned the 12's and really enjoyed them so I went ahead and purchased the 13's. I too had the same problem as some of the other runners on here. A hole has started to form in the mesh of the right shoe by the pinky toe. I have never, ever had this happen before. I've ran in Saucony, Pearl Izumi, Nike, and New Balance. I was quite surprised when it happened. When I went to the running store and told the clerk she said it happens. Uh, no it doesn't. It's never happened before. And I'm sorry but I expect a shoe for $120 to last a bit longer than 5/6 months. Give me a break. I'm a 20 mile a week girl at best. It's not as if the shoe is so special and magical that it makes me run faster or makes me feel as though I can run farther. I think they took a great product, the adrenaline 12, and cheaped it on the 13's. They just gave me incentive to try another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SUPPORT RUNNING SHOE, January 26, 2013
I had the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 and ran over 500 miles in them and just got these in the mail today. They are immediately comfortable and I cannot wait to do a long run in them next weekend! Huge fan of these shoes!

Also fast shipping!!