Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brooks Women's Adrenaline Asr GTX Running Shoe,Turquise/Black/Shadow/Silver,9 B US
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 1, 2013
I run 30-40 miles a week, and Brooks shoes have been my mainstay for years. When winter comes, I keep running, rain or shine. I've run in Brooks Adrenaline ASR's for several winters but have never been impressed with their water-proofness. In fact, they're barely even water-repellant. That being said, they're still better than a regular summer running shoe, so I just sucked up their inadequacy.

A couple of years ago I tried a pair of Gore-Tex trail runners made by a hiking boot manufacturer. Sure, those were waterproof... but they also felt like hiking boots, not running shoes. They were incredibly heavy, and so stiff that they actually hurt my feet. So back to the less-than-water-proof Adrenaline ASR's I went. At least Brooks knows running!

Then I discovered this year that Brooks had come out with a Gore-Tex version of the Adrenaline--- Yay! At last, a REAL running shoe made with Gore-Tex! And not just any running shoe, but the Adrenaline, a shoe I know and love. Sure, they were pricey (what Gore-Tex product isn't?), but I didn't hesitate. I've run far too many miles with soaked feet; I earned these!

So with that set of expectations, how did they turn out?

These days in dry conditions my normal running shoe is the near-minimalist Brooks Pure Grit, an extremely light and flexible shoe. When I pulled the Adrenaline GTX's out of the box I was a little concerned; these puppies are decidedly heavy, and the sole is considerably stiffer than even the regular summer/road Adrenalines. With my feet now used to a really light, flexible shoe, would these be just too much?

I've now put in nearly 100 miles on the Adrenaline GTX's, running in pouring rain or its aftermath on mucky, puddle-riddled trails. The shoes are indeed a bit stiff and heavy, but wow!! Can they handle the wet and the mud! They are utterly waterproof. Pair them with a good set of trail gaiters and your feet are in a virtual Fort Knox. Utterly awesome! They are perfectly suited to their purpose. Would I like them to be lighter and more flexible? Absolutely. But they aren't so stiff that they hurt my feet, and if a bit of weight is the price I pay for keeping my feet dry and comfortable, so be it.

My fantasy now is that Brooks comes out with a Gore-Tex version of the Pure Grit--- THAT would be absolutely fabulous! But in the meantime, the Adrenaline GTX's do an admirable job for winter running. Their weight and relative inflexibility are made up for by their true water-proofness. They're still far more comfortable running shoes than anything a hiking boot manufacturer will come up with. So if your overriding goal is for water-proofness in a decent pair of true running shoes, definitely give these a try. They won't be your racing shoes, and they're far from minimalist; but if you figure you'll only be running in them for training perhaps 4 or 5 months out of the year, who cares? They will keep you out on the road or trail when you otherwise might look outside and say, "Forget it!"
on November 5, 2012
I love the adrenaline shoe - and tried this for cooler temperatures. I find it to have more support than the standard adrenaline model, and have already ordered a 2nd pair for winter running days. I expect it'll be a bit heavy for summer, but this time of year and for cooler climates it's PERFECT!
on August 17, 2012
Great shoes came quick :) I really enjoy the shoes. Brooks are great.. I like the support these provide compared to the thinner brooks
on November 22, 2013
I have worn this brand of shoe for about 9 months had the summer ones and wind and water go straight through purchased these for fall/winter weather so far I am very pleased while they don't provide added warmth they keep your feet dry I added wool socks and my feet stay warm and dry
on February 27, 2013
I have always run in Brooks so I bought these for trails and/or wet weather. The attached tongue bunched up on the sides once the shoes were laced up and caused the top of the shoe to be extremely uncomfortable. I was very disappointed. I'm sent them back today, :(
on May 5, 2014
This is my second pair of Brooks. I am a mail lady and I walk all day and in all weather. These truly are waterproof and very comfortable. I have plantar fasciitis in both feet and these fit my orthotics good. I LOVE these shoes
on August 23, 2014
I have worn Brooks for about 7 years now and have been disappointed by the latest newer models. The Ghost 6, for example, wore in so quickly and also caused some knee problems. I was so happy to find the Brooks Adrenaline on Amazon because I loved these shoes from 2 years ago. The shoes fit great, are comfortable, and wear really well for all types of activity. I also love the fact that they are, indeed, waterproof. (The Ghost 6 claim they have Gortex but they sure don't keep my feet dry in dewy grass!) I am thinking of ordering several more pairs of this shoe while they exist so I can have some spare pairs for the future. If you like Brooks shoes, I highly recommend seeking out their older models. It seems with the newer "innovations" they have actually changed the shoe in some negative ways. Lastly, the older models, are not so bright. Sorry, Brooks, but wearing neon shoes with jeans just does not look so cool.
on October 1, 2012
Love the Brooks brand. Went to a running shoe store to see what would best for my pronated feet and the Brooks Adrenaline series came out to be the best fit for me. One thing I want to note is be wary of the size. Although I typically wear a 7 in heels and an 8 in tennis shoes, these shoes came out to be too small on the right foot (my toes touch the tip). I went to a running store to try out a Brooks 8 1/2 and it was too big for me to run comfortably, so I stuck with the 8. I would recommend trying it out in stores to see if this is the right fit. I've read in other running forums that the sizes have changed for Brooks.

All in the all, the shoes are extremely comfortable. Love that these shoes are good on concrete and on terrain.
on May 2, 2013
Was recommended this by my chiropractor and it meets all the standards we both were looking for. A good foundation for my feet to keep my spine healthy and lightweight and comfortable for me!
on July 18, 2014
I've been wearing the Adrenaline for a few years, but this was my first ASR. Then I couldn't go back to the regular ASR. I can basically put these on and jog anywhere. The shoe is tough, but also a good weight and very supportive. I've had no issues with achy knees or feet wearing these. I loved it so much I got a second pair.