5.0 out of 5 stars No more shin splints for me!
Published 9 months ago by K. Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
Published 5 months ago by A. Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars No more shin splints for me!, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Brooks Women's Ghost 6 Running Shoes (Apparel)
After dropping $100 on the Asics Kayano I added a 3 mile outdoor run to my workout schedule. Not a month into it I started getting shin splints. After some research I discovered I am an underpronator and shouldn't be in a stability shoe. Back to the store to get a neutral shoe another $100 but it's the best money I've spent in a long time. I LOVE these shoes. No more shin splints. They are perfect for my gait. Super comfortable and holding up great. I've probably put over 500 miles on them now and they are just now showing some wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exercise shoe!, August 20, 2013
I bought this shoe for working out. It is very comfortable and light weight. I do tend to have a very high arch so I use my orthotics for the extra support. If you don't have an overly high arch you should be fine. I also wear a 6 1/2 in most shoes but buy a 7 1/2 in Brooks. Sizing is just different in Brooks shoes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, July 14, 2013
I'm new to running and chose these on the recommend of one of my running friends. So far, the shoe is living up to my expectations. It fits to my normal size, supports my arches, etc. I would recommend this shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Running Is Not Cheaper Than Therapy, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Brooks Women's Ghost 6 Running Shoes (Apparel)
The Brooks Ghost is the only running shoe I will ever wear. I have been wearing this shoe since Gen 2, and loved all the updates so far with the exception that the Ghost 6 seems to wear down way faster than the previous generations. I am already on my 4th pair on Ghost 6 so far.The Ghost 6 does feel a bit tighter in the toe box than the Ghost 5.

I'm running an average of 100 miles per month on the road, and noticed that these shoes wear down after only two months. I can feel when I need new shoes, I'm getting shin splints and knee pain. This usually happens right around 200 miles on the shoe. I'm a mid-foot striker, the treads in the center section of the sole are completely worn down at that point.

Durability is the reason why I only give 4 Stars. However, I will continue to purchase a new pair every two months because this is the only shoe that works for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, February 5, 2014
A. Marshall (Asheville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I've been a long-term fan of the Brooks Ghost series. And, while I think it's ridiculous that running shoe companies change up their styles every year (why not just stick to a good thing?), versions 3, 4 and 5 all worked fine for my fit needs and running style. The Ghost 6 is similar to its predecessors, but it has a narrower toe box. Major problem. I tried them on and almost burst into tears. Why Brooks, WHY?!? But even though I dread the process of finding a new go-to shoe, I'm not willing to risk bunions, corns and worse, so these will be sent back. If you're looking for a wide toe box, don't even bother with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ranks right up with ghost 4, September 30, 2013
This review is from: Brooks Women's Ghost 6 Running Shoes (Apparel)
I had the ghost 4 and LOVED them! Then the 5s came out and I hated them. The shoe felt more firm to me. When the 6s came out, I went to a local running store and tired them. I was pleasantly surprised. It was like the 4s all over again! Highly recommend these to everyone but epecially over weight new runners like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars On my 3rd Pair, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Brooks Women's Ghost 6 Running Shoes (Apparel)
I was convinced by my local running shoe consulting shop to switch from Asics to Brooks 3 pairs ago and I have never looked back. I do not need a stability shoe, so this neutral ride works well for me. I just bought my third pair of Ghosts in a couple years.

I run on the treadmill and outdoors in them, they live the average life expectancy of a running shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these!, December 8, 2013
I love Brooks tennis shoes. These are made for certain types of feet, so make sure you get a proper fit before buying or you may not be satisfied. I love the Ghost tennis shoe line, this is my 3rd pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes!, March 20, 2014
I ordered a 9 wide. I wear a perfect 9 in most shoes, but my feet are somewhat wide (not exceptionally).
I have recently begun running again and they are, so far, knock on wood, keeping me injury-free. Highly recommend these for more than casual working out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why!!!!!????, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Brooks Women's Ghost 6 Running Shoes (Apparel)
I switched from saucony a couple of years ago to ghost 4,5- best running shoes ever- so excited to get the 6 and when they came in they pinched my feet!!! Narrower then the 5!! I tried put about 4 good runs but my feet were always throbbing! I sent them back and BROOKS return was awesome and gave me a full refund! I'm so disappointed and can't find ghost 5 in a 7.5 anywhere- help me out BROOKS!!!!

Brooks Women's Ghost 6 Running Shoes