5.0 out of 5 stars Falling in love!
Published 18 months ago by EverSinging

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, but I like the original better
Published 18 months ago by Marianna

5.0 out of 5 stars Falling in love!, March 13, 2013
EverSinging (Columbus, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brooks Women's PureCadence 2 Lightweight Running Shoes (Apparel)
I purchased these from a local running store because I was nervous about not getting to try them on first. I have been wearing Brooks Adrenaline for a couple years now with much success. I got them at the advice of my doctor because I had been having extreme trouble with plantar fasciitis. I was nervous about switching because I've been so successful with the adrenalines. I am so delighted with the change! The PureCadence has a dropped heal, which is intended to make the foot strike midfoot and give you a smaller, more natural stride. I felt the change in my calf muscles after my first run, but now I don't notice any difference at all. I feel the lower heel even keeps my plantar fascia at a better stretch and is improving. I think my speed is also improving in these shoes. I am not losing any of the support, but the shoe is lighter and more natural.

My only regret expressed to Brooks, and word of caution to users, is that they do not come in a wide width. My feet are rather squared on the end and borderline too wide for regular width in Brooks shoes, and while there is plenty of room in the toe box for them, there was a small place on the instep of the shoe that after running several miles began to rub my instep on my right (and wider) foot. Now that the blister has healed I have a little callous there, so I no longer have the issue. But be warned if you have wider feet, these may not work for you. I hope Brooks will make a slightly wider PureCadence in the future.

On a shallower note, I really like the bold color choices in this line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoes ever!, January 23, 2013
I recently purchased these shoes and after just a few runs I can already tell they will be my new shoe. I have always liked the idea of a minimalist shoe but after straining the tendons on the top of my foot running in Vibrams I went back to regular running shoes. After two years I developed back pain and realized I needed to refine my running stride to land more on my toes rather than my heel. Well, regular old running shoes didn't cut it for me anymore. The front of my foot would start to go numb after just a few miles and the tendons in my feet started becoming more and more sore. So, I knew I needed a minimal shoe but still needed support in my arch and on the top of my foot. These shoes are perfect!! They are comfy, light, support me where I need it and no more numb toes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., August 13, 2013
Let me start by explaining how I ended up trying these in the first place: I over pronate quite a bit and wanted a low profile (these are 4 mm off the ground) 'stability' shoe that wasn't overly cushioned and pretty lightweight. Basically I wanted an all around stability shoe for 50-200 meter sprints whether on concrete (most of the time) or the treadmill. I tried on two dozen pairs from Adidas to Asics, NB, Nike etc etc. Nothing even came close to the fit and overall dynamics of these! They manage to be quite stabile considering they are lightweight and agile. I CAN NOT under any circumstances wear a shoe that is overly heavy or overly cushioned. In the gym I use Nike Free Flex trainers, which is probably the lightest and least supportive tennis shoe ever but they serve their purpose, as do these. Seeing as they run $120 no matter where you go, I'd try them on first before ordering. I really like that I still have some control for a stability shoe, I'm the athlete...not the shoe. By far the best running shoe I've ever purchased and I own WAY to many, lol. I think they look pretty good, not the hottest but when it comes to high performance, I'll gladly substitute a little sex appeal for everything else. I give them an 8 out of 10 in the looks category, I got the purple and might go back for the teal or black. Not a shoe that does any one thing perfectly but does everything very well...I went to several stores before i settled on them. One more thing...I normally wear an 8 to 8.5 and had to go all the way up to a 9.5! TRY THEM ON.

Hope this helps! :))

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe for Beginners, July 12, 2013
smeehle (Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
I got the original PureCadences on sale at DSW a few months ago when I wanted to give running another try. After years of thinking I couldn't run because of knee, hip and back pain, learning to land with a mid-foot strike and wearing less-cushy, more "minimal" shoes was a revelation. I not only don't hate running, I now actually enjoy it!

So having found a love for running, I did what the experts tell you to do and went to my local running store to get fitted for shoes. Lo and behold, the best pair I tried out was the Brooks PureCadence 2s (I tried pairs from Saucony, Asics and New Balance as well). They fit well, are true to size (I wear a pretty standard women's 8M). They have enough cushioning to be comfortable to a slightly overweight newbie runner, but still are minimal enough to encourage a mid-foot strike. They offer a little more stability control than the other shoes in the Pure line-up, but still have a minimal 4mm drop and a stiff enough ride that you can feel the ground somewhat as you run. All in all it's a great balance: not too minimal for a beginner, but not too much shoe either.

I should also note that my running store recommended replacement insoles (Superfeet Black Premium Insoles) for these and even let me try out the shoes with and without the insoles before I paid for them. The insole is the cheapest part of any shoe, and if the ones that don't come with the shoes do not support your arch properly or cause you pain, it is easy and fairly inexpensive to change them out. Also, they had me try some different running socks (Feetures! Elite Merino Light Cushion No Show Tab Socks) that were a HUGE improvement over the cheap-o ones I got at Target. Socks can change how the shoes fit, how comfortably and how long you can run in them, how much cushioning you have on your run, everything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, but I like the original better, March 12, 2013
I bought this shoe because I own 2 pairs of the Brooks Pure Cadence, both of which I ran marathons in. I just took my Pure Cadence 2 for a 9 mile run and they are not nearly as comfortable as the original shoe. There seems to be added arch support which gave me blisters in my arches (something the Pure Cadence didn't do) and it feels like they are a different material on the inside of the shoe which makes my foot slip around a bit more. Its still a WONDERFUL running shoe, I just like the original Pure Cadence better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a runner but active, June 27, 2014
I have been wearing this shoe for over a week now and it is working really well. I have a hard time finding shoes due to pronation. The cushioning is amble - I feel like I am walking on a cloud. The arch support is probably more pronounced but that is what is comfortable to me. Even thou they are low profile, they are still supportive enough to get me thru a morning of pickleball. I have not had any pain in my feet after wearing them. They also fit my bike pedals better (low profile). I am not real crazy about the color selection purple, blue, black. Definitley would recommend but they should be tried on before purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running, October 9, 2013
except that the sizes are quite small - reason why I had to swap, the shoe is extremely light, holds one's foot very well, great support for running when experiencing related back problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, November 24, 2013
dill (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I've been rebounding from multiple foot and ankle troubles--fallen arch, plantar fasciitis, heel spur, tendonitis... In the few days I've worn these shoes, my foot pain has lessened significantly. It's the end of the day, and my feet don't have the persistent ache of most days. I was concerned that their light weight meant that they wouldn't provide substantial enough support, but these shoes offer excellent support and comfort. This is my first pair of Brooks, and I am sure to have many more.

Update: 2/16/14 --It's three months later, and these are still the most comfy shoes. Very supportive and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars My running shoe for life!, January 2, 2014
I was misfitted in the Brooks Ghosts, which gave me horrible blisters and feet problems. I then tried Brooks Trances, and like them, but they were very heavy and hurt my shins.

I tried these, and I don't ever need to try another shoe! They are comfortable and offer great support for my high arch. I love the bright colors too! I highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great distance shoe!, April 3, 2014
I bought these over a month ago and have ran on average 25 miles a week in them. They are very supportive where I need it; locks my heel in place, hugs the top of my foot like a glove without putting pressure on it, light weight shoe that has superior cushioning. Love how the shoe is not rigid like some are during breaking in. The toe area is a little wider and not tight like some running shoes are. I didn't feel like my toes were swimming though. This shoe is great right out of the box. It was a little adjustment for me going from my Brooks Ghost 6 to the Pure Cadence 2, but I like them more than the traditional running shoe. I'm actually on here to order another pair :)
I ordered my regular running shoe size, 8m, and they fit perfect. The material has a little stretch to them; however, when in doubt, go somewhere and try them on. Hands down the best distance shoes I've owned, and I've had Saucony, Asics, and the Brooks Ghost 6. Keep in mind, they are closer to a minimalist shoe.

Rate and Discover Movies