4.0 out of 5 stars Sound solution!
Just bought it yesterday! I was concerned about the sound also but I found you can plug a portable speaker into the headphone jack of your phone! Worked great.
Published 15 months ago by Eric Ramirez

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertising!
At the time of this review all of my statements are true. If the product description was changed after then disregard the statement about the 3.5mm audio out jack.

Published 17 months ago by Big Jim

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound solution!, October 20, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertising!, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)

The product description on this website and the companys own website is false. It does NOT have a 3.5mm audio out jack nor any audio out jack for that matter....as it states it does in the description. It has 2 tiny little speakers thats barely audible, unless youre not watching the screen and have it held to your ear. Without the 3.5mm jack you are limited to barely hearing what you are watching or hoping your hdmi device has an option of audio out with hdmi out at the same time, most do not unless it has dual sound bluetooth.

The picture quality is ok in an almost pitch dark room and better in a totally dark room but thats to be expected with 25 lumens..not an issue. The issue comes with the fact that it has to be placed and positioned dead center perfect or you get into a whole new realm of problems...think of some of the shapes you dealt with in geometry class. There is adjustment buttons but that is for focus only. So plan on buying a tripod of some sort because simply setting it down and pointing it at a wall is not going to work, unless a bad picture shape is ok with you.

Lastly, also on the companys shipping policy, not amazon, it states that all orders are shipped out withen 2 days of ordering. Not only is this false but they got rude about me inquiring 5 days later why it had not been shipped when it was "in stock."

Conclusion, a company this big and who has a reputation of making top of the line products should not be falsely advertising and then not be able to stand by what they garuntee.

I would not recommend this product for anyone over the age of 15.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was worth it at $119, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
Brookstone was selling these on a competitors bidding site for 119, that is about what it is worth. The three hour battery never lasted more than 60 to 70 minutes, but I just leave it plugged in to an external battery pack. I guess it is worth it because of it's multiple uses, it function sas a portable battery to charge your cell phone too, so one of those cost 50 bucks anyway, so might as well get one that can also project.
The picture is okay, not as good as thier original projector but fine in a dark room. For 119 it is a good buy, but do not pay more. There is NO audio out jack, so you can't use it with an apple tv, dvd player or anything else that does not have its own audio out. Other wise you will barely hear it. Of course you don't have to use it big screen, sit it on your desk and have a 15 inch screen on the wall, room doesn't have to be too dark either..

5.0 out of 5 stars He loves it, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
This projector does all it says it will. It is lightweight and easy to carry around. It shows a clear picture. The sound is pretty good, I suggest some type of speaker system to amplify the sound. I brought this for my husband for his birthday and he loves it. This is a great gift item. The only thing I need help figuring out is a good stand/tripod so it can show on the bedroom wall but that is more of a personal problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO WARRANTY, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
Be very careful when buying BROOKSTONE products. You only get a WARRANTY when bought from BROOKSTONE direct and sometimes AMAZON. If you buy from AMAZON. If the item is "Fulfilled by Amazon" and sold by a third party you have nothing but AMAZON's 30 day return policy.

I would stay away from ROOKSTONE as I bought the item NEW "Fulfilled by Amazon" but it has no WARRANTY ??????

2.0 out of 5 stars DOA, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
I received this and upon opening I tried to plug the charger into it and right away noticed the female micro usb inside the projector was broken off and rattling inside it. I immediately contacted brookstone and they were very responsive to get me a replacement. After a week went by and no contact from them about sending me a UPS pick-up, I contacted them again and they told me to just take it to UPS myself. I asked them for a refund instead of a replacement and then again no contact so I had to file an A to Z claim with Amazon. Five minutes after filing the claim brookstone finally contacted me with a ups packing label and told me I had 3 days to get them the UPS tracking number proving it was being shipped back. I sent Amazon the tracking number and a picture that it was in transit back to Brookstone and I have still yet to hear anything. Bad product and bad company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea that does not work, May 25, 2014
Zapoh "zapoh" (Mexico City, Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
I charged the projector fully and got ready to watch a movie on the wall only to find out that, no matter what I do, the projector turns off after about 5 minutes. I have tried using it with my computer, iPad (with the right adaptor) and iPod to no avail. It turns off after 5 minutes. I have tried contacting Brookstone but there is no easy way to report the issue. Had it worked, it would have been great for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not audible, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
This product has speakers built in, that are barely audible. Unless you are physically holding the device, you're unable to hear anything. Unfortunately, the device also does not allow for a speaker to be plugged in. I'm returning this tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pocket Projector, January 26, 2014
Omo West (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
I bought this slim projector because I wanted something not too pricy which I could use to watch movies from my iPad and Playbook. It worked well, though I was a little concerned about the small speakers since it did not have an audio out port to connect a speaker to. Then I remembered the sales person saying I could use a bluetooth speaker if my devices had that. I thought that was sales talk. However, when I connected the device and the picture came up and then connected the bluetooth, I was very pleased to see it worked just as described. Using a small powerful bluetooth speaker was great as I was able to place that close to the wall. I recommend this product. Brookstone should include in the description that it does transfer sound to bluetooth speakers. I noticed many people's poor rating had issue with no audio out port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one, August 20, 2014
This review is from: Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim (Electronics)
I work at a retail cell phone store and use this little guy to help me sell phones and Bluetooth speakers all the time. I project wirelessly from my phone using an ezcast dongle. It doubles as a phone charger. It's smaller than my phone. it works great. I play a psp emulator on my phone using a ps3 controller wirelessly and just leave my phone in my pocket... What's not to like about that?

Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim