5.0 out of 5 stars So far looks like a winner
This winder appears to be made of a black lacquered wood and seems to be solidly constructed. It sits at an angle, which displays the watches nicely if the winder sits around or slightly below eye level. It has four heads, each powered by a separate motor.

Published on January 1, 2011 by GRiM

1.0 out of 5 stars brookstone watch quad winder
After less than 2 years two of the winders stopped. The lid is too heavy for the unit and when you open it the entire unit falls backwards.
Published on October 21, 2011 by ATG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So far looks like a winner, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)

Each head can be set to rotate clockwise, counter-clockwise, or alternating. Each head also has a set of DIP switches that allow the rotation rate to be set between 650 and 3600 turns per day, with 16 possible settings (48 total options, multiplying rotation rate by direction of rotation). The winder works on AC power only.

Unlike other winders I've had, this one rotates the head once and then rests. (My other winders, aside from the Orbita Sparta which uses a completely different mechanism, rotate constantly for an interval and then rest for an interval.) I assume the Brookstone mechanism is intended to more closely simulate actual wear. The winder is almost completely silent in operation, at least after five days of use. (I can hear a slight whirring if I put my head within a few inches of it but not otherwise.)

The cushions on this model are similar to the ones on the Orbita, in that they are made of some sort of foam that compresses to properly fit the watch. They hold the watch significantly better than the Diplomat/Belocia models and slightly better than my Wolf. The Diplomat/Belocia cushions don't compress, meaning that a watch on a bracelet will either fit them too loosely or too tightly, unless your wrist happens to be the same size as the cushion.

Initial results for the four watches I put on this winder after 24 hours:
- The Cyclos lost 1 second;
- The Sewills lost 3 seconds;
- The Gevril gained 9 seconds;
- The Sea-Gull gained 35 seconds.

Those results have held pretty much constant for about four days now, and are pretty good (although not quite as good as on the wrist), except for the Sea-Gull which only seems to be happy on my Diplomat/Belocia no-name clone that has been retired to the closet. I can live with that. I've since moved the Sea-Gull to the Orbita to see how it likes that, and put the Baume & Mercier on instead. The Baume & Mercier runs 13 seconds fast per day under all conditions, and this winder has been no exception.

Obviously I can't comment yet on long-term performance, but so far based on construction, features and performance, I'm calling this an excellent deal for a four-head winder at $200. I would rank it superior in quality to my Wolf and my no-name winder, and a better deal than the Orbita Sparta.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions: 16 3/8" L, 9 1/4" W, 7 5/8" High - 6 months doing great, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
I purchased this in July of 2012, now end of January 2013. The winder is still running great after 6 months. I have 4 upper end watches in it all the time. It has kept the watches wound perfectly. It is quiet. Looks nice. All around very good. Since I just purchased another watch, I am about to order another one. So, I believe it is a good product, or I would not order a 2nd one. I plan to revisit once this one has been running one year, but usually if something like this is going to croak, it does it in the 1st 90 days.

I could not find the dimensions, which could be critical for someone making a decision if they have to make it fit a certain space. The dimensions of the Brookstone Quad Watch Winder is 16 3/8" Long, 9 1/4" Wide (depth), and 7 5/8" High (tall).

1.0 out of 5 stars brookstone watch quad winder, October 21, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quad Winder, January 27, 2011
Great Quad Winder.
This is my second unit.
I have had the first one for a year and no problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
This watch winder has a very distinguished look and feel. Unfortunately, it's not so reliable. Within weeks of purchase, one of the four winders stopped rotating. Now, a second has stopped. Admittedly, I purchased this item almost 2 years ago. So 3 of the 4 winders did work for almost 2 years. I guess my primary disappointment stems from the fact that I was expecting more from a Brookstone product. To me, the name 'Brookstone' has always been associated with creative products built for solid and and sustained performance. While $200 is not an exorbitant price, by any means, for a watch winder, I am pretty disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars QUAD WATCH WINDER, May 3, 2011
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
It is the best watch winder in the market for the price. Compared to the Sharper Image brand I bought several years back, the Brookstone brand was superior. My self winding watches are never late on time. It came with 4 different settings and is multi directional just plug, set and worry free.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, October 26, 2011
Darren Zemnick (Palm Springs, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
This was probably the best purchase for the money that I have made.....all 'high end winders' were 500+....I am using 3 of the 4 winders in this thing, and it is working to a T and has not missed a beat

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, February 9, 2015
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
it was a good winder while it lasted but a year and a half after purchase one of the 4 winders stopped spinning. And now 3 months later a second has stopped. Now brookstone says I'm basically s*** outta luck. Oh well. Not buying their product again. Oh and by the way this is my second one that I've had that has stopped like this. Only recommend if you want something to last only a year or 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased over a year ago.., February 20, 2014
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
I got this for my husband a few Xmas's ago and it's still going strong! Very quiet and gets the job done. Just make sure you measure b/c this thing really is a monster!

1.0 out of 5 stars Quad Watch Winder, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Quad Watch Winder (Watch)
Poor instructions, probably just poor translation into American English, let alone proper English
Power source does not stay plugged in. It shakes loose from the back of the box from the oscillation of the watches from within.
However, although obviously cheaply made and assembled, this is a good looking piece.
It would be fantastic if it would work long enough so we could set the individual watches to the correct pulse rate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›