5.0 out of 5 stars Brookstone Wireless Headphones
Published on March 11, 2012 by Johnny

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but dies too fast.
Published on December 26, 2011 by arg93

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but dies too fast., December 26, 2011
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
I got these headphones because I wanted to enjoy playing games or watch TV and be able to hear everything while relaxed on my couch. These wireless headphones are easy to setup and has a decent weight. The sound quality is great to my standard and does the job well. I also like the volume switch feature on these headphones and how they cancel out sound decently. But there are some cons that annoy me. First being that it uses AAA batteries, I'd prefer rechargeable, but that would probably bring up the price. To add to that, these headphones drain the power fast and you have to change the batteries quite frequently, even when you turn it off, it seems that it is STILL draining power because it won't turn on when you want to use them again. Lastly, when the headphones are dying, it makes a long ear hurting beeping sound when it disconnects and reconnects, and when you turn it off it won't turn back on. So overall I would not recommend these headphone because you will be using up your money to change out the batteries, if these were rechargeable though I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brookstone Wireless Headphones, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
Great Headphones....very good quality....confusing at first to set up, tuning its transmitter to recognize the headphones, and, which button on the transmitter is for what (i.e., on/off and tuning button, and how long to hold down button to tune), but, once that's done, just very good quality and sound....good distance from TV, too, and still works great....plus saved shipping charges by ordering it from Amazon instead of Brookstone...JB, Waldorf MD

4.0 out of 5 stars Audio set review, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
This headset has very good reception & clear audio. However I find the battery life is quite short& have to replace batteries frequently.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Great, but dissruptive to my FiOS WiFi Hub, March 21, 2012
D. W. Corcoran "b393capt" (Huntington, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
The good: I have a new Samsung TV, yet these headphones sound much better than the in-built TV in built speakers. You really notice the difference with any TV shows that feature singing (Voice, American IDOL, etc.)

The bad: Users throughout my house complain about poor wi-fi performance, even when i have the headset turned off (the base station still is on).

In my home the Wi-Fi hub is 15 feet south of the Brookstone hub, and both users of WiFi are on the south side of the house. The users and the brookstone are about equidistant. Unfortunately this means the headphones are going to sit unused, or I am going to have to tweak my wi-fi hubs, if it is even possible to a different channel. Would have been nice if this Brookstone would notice the traffic and transmit on an used part of the 2.5 Ghz spectrum

Bad gift for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Wireless, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
This product works well, looks good, and sound quality is good. Not too difficult to set up (if there's a teenager in the house it's really easy) Only problem is... being wireless, when our DSL goes off (sporadically) the wireless connection to my laptop is lost and the headset transmitter has to be turned off to regain it. Once it's on again, the headset transmitter can be turned back on and all is well. Would purchase again.

1.0 out of 5 stars GARBAGE: CHEAP PLASTIC HEAD PHONES, January 2, 2013
Erric Davis (Spring Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
Just received these headphones for Christmas. Wound of being one of the most disappointing gifts ever. OVER PRICED: They should have retailed for about 20.00, definitely not worth the 50 bucks my wife paid for them. I will be returning them for something else! Consumer beware don't purchase these, they are crap!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a couple of days only, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
They worked find for a couple of days. A little buzz in the headphones but not too bad. Then in the middle of a show they died. Changed the batteries a couple of times but nothing. Completely dead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound; low life, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
I have a hearing impairment and I got them so I could lower the TV volume in consideration of my wife who has perfect hearing.

I had my head Brookstone wireless phones for almost 3 years before they died. They had good sound quality and a fairly comfortable, if a little heavy, head set, but a fresh set of batteries barely provided 3 hours of use. It was more like 2 3/4 hours on average and the warning beep to dead was about 3 seconds. You could barely listen to a full length movie on a set of batteries. I just learned to keep a pack of batteries close by, because it was always dying at the wrong moment.

2 months ago the light on the headphones started to continuously flash even on fresh batteries and they ceased to function at all. They now reside in a landfill somewhere. I would have expected the electronics to last longer. Overall, I can not recommend these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must!, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
Wonderful gadget! I fall asleep before my husband, and this has been the best
Thing ever. No more arguing about the volume!

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficulty connecting, June 9, 2013
Amazon Customer (Cortland, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones (Electronics)
I had a set of Brookstone's former model wireless tv headphones for several years and loved them except for the fact that they were a bit tight and made my head sore by the end of watching a movie. They were so simple to set up. Plug in the little transmitter, put the headphones on, turn the "on" switch on each and that was it. Fabulous quality sound; great workmanship, no distortion. When they finally wore out I purchased this newer model. On the positive side, the headphones were more comfortable and I was able to move throughout the house without interrupting the signal. On the negative side, I could barely get the signal from the transmitter to connect to the headset! I tried 2 sets. With the first set I got a huge amount of feedback, like an echo, in the left side of the headset. I took the first set back to the store the next day and got a second set, just in case the first set was defective. The second set had less sound distortion but still had a little. However, both sets were a pain to set up and connect. After a few days of fiddling around for a long time trying to connect the headset to the transmitter, and hearing beeps and loud signals until the set not longer worked at all, I took the second set back to the store and got a refund. I am a HUGE Brookstone fan so I am very disappointed that they have put their name on this clearly inferior product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›