Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brother TN420 Toner Cartridge - Retail Packaging - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on June 2, 2013
The toner cartridge was not full enough to even register on the copier. The copier continued to say "low toner" and then it stopped printing after approximately 50 copies. I had to purchase another cartridge and install it before I could print anything. I am going to request my money back.
on December 10, 2013
I use this in a business (in a Brother DCP-7065DN printer) and it seems like the low toner light is always coming on. I average printing 1000 pages per month, so I've been trying to find ways to stretch the cartridge life, including toner save mode, etc.

I've started resetting the toner count to get more life out of these drums, and I am currently on my third reset of the same cartridge with no decreased performance. Later I will try to advise my max life out of this unit.

The procedure to reset the drum page count on the 7065 DN printer is as follows:

1. Open the drum door
2. Press the "Clear" button
3. Press the "Start" button
4. Press the down arrow
5. Press the up arrow
6. Press OK.

*** Update: To address an error above, I stated third reset, should have been the second reset/third cycle.
I made it about halfway through my third cycle before seeing noticeable light and dark areas on my pages.***
on October 22, 2015
I've been buying this brother cartridge refills on amazon for years. Last two or three cartridges have disappointed in life span. My current one was purchased July 15, 2015 since then I've only purchased one ream of paper - so the math is simple, I have printed less than 500 pages. What is going on with Brother? I tried to reset the MFC-7460 multiple times following other's instructions here on how to expand the life cycle. My "Low Toner" light is still showing. I may take another reviewer's advice and buy the cartridge at Office Max instead and see if there is a difference in life span - is Brother shipping different capacity cartridges to different retailers?
on October 13, 2015
Though you may have to pay more for the name brand Brother's toner, it is well worth it. I ordered three generic's that were compatible with my printer, however, the quality was so poor that even my printer didn't like it. The printer kept saying it was low on ink and needed attention. It also left clumps of ink on my paper.
Do yourself and your printer a favor and only use Name Brand Cartridges in your printer. You will actually save money in the long run.
on March 11, 2015
Put it in (as directed), fired up the Brother EHL-2270DW (refurbished) and it works perfect .

Reason for Laser Printer purchase - I use my printer sporadically, and the ink (in my inkJet) dried out .
Tried all the cleaning suggestions, and still didn't work . Angers me that I can't print in 'black' when one of the colors is out; so I bought a this black only printer. AND this ink can't dry out, as it's a powder in the cartridge that gets heat pressed into (good quality) paper .
My computer tech says, every time he tried 'generic' ink/toner products, he had trouble. So Brother Toner Cartridges are all I'll buy .
on July 13, 2013
When my toner cartridge arrived, it would not work--the printer kept telling me the toner was low and to replace it. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps, including updating my printer drivers, to ensure proper installation but nothing could get the cartridge to work. One reason I had chosen Amazon is that they were giving a great price on a Brother cartridge and is was frustrating that after waiting for it to arrive, it did not work and I STILL had to go to my local library (which can be up to an hour wait) to print things after my previous cartridge completely died.

I started the return process and they shipped out a new cartridge the next morning and it did arrive more quickly than the first. I chose to have UPS pick up the first cartridge at my home and I appreciated the fact that returning it was not putting me out in terms of gas/time/expense.

The second cartridge worked immediately. I would use Amazon for a cartridge in the future but would give myself more time next time around--the first cartridge arrived right as my old one stopped working so while I had my timing down perfectly, the bad first cartridge meant I was without a printer for several days waiting for the second one to arrive.
on April 24, 2016
These toner cartridges seem to last longer and print better than their no-name competitors. Being a cheapskate, I generally by generic printer cartridges, but these Brother cartridges have earned my loyalty. Naturally, I suggest shopping around online for the best price.
on June 21, 2015
We got this Cartridge and it didn't last!! I was very disappointed and hope that is not the norm for the brother printer. We bought the Laser printer to save $$ but if we have to keep replacing these cartridges there is no savings. More to follow on the printer performance, wife bought a new cartidge from SAMS club this time so we'll see how long this one lasts. My fingers are crossed and I hope A LOT longer.
on October 23, 2014
the first time i bought this cartridge, it lasted a good 3-4 months. the 2nd time i bought this cartridge, it lasted only a month!!! i am in nursing school so i do print off a lot of stuff, but there is NO way that i used up an entire cartridge within a month's use. i use the toner save mode so it should've made it last a good while with printing pages but i am not sure why it ran out of toner so quickly this time when i have not printed as much as i have previously. i may order again because my local stores do not carry this and i get free 2 day shipping, but what an awful time for it to run out without any warning.
on May 23, 2016
I have now gotten 3 of these over the course of 5 years, and have loved the printer, I print ALOT. I am a homeschooling mom, and I run a small business as well, so I print lots of instructions, invoices, and shipping labels. I highly recommend the printer and the ink for it. AMAZING!!!