- Use LC61 Ink
Brother Black Compact Inkjet All-in-One with Fax and Wireless Networking (MFCJ265W)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g) networking
- Built-In Fax - No PC required to send and receive documents
- 1.9 Inch color LCD display for viewing images and easy menu navigation
- Fast mode printing speeds up to 33ppm black / 27ppm color
- Direct photo printing on demand from your media cardst
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The machines low profile is attributable to the convenient design of its front loading 4-cartridge ink system. Four separate ink cartridges for black, cyan, magenta and yellow ink mean you only have to change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
Compact, Stylish and Easy to Use Wireless Inkjet All-in-One
Easy to setup Wireless Networking
Wireless network interface - share with multiple computers using a wireless (802.11b/g) network connection.
Save time by not having to replenish paper often with a generous 100 sheet paper capacity. The front loading tray is conveniently located under the machine, protecting it from dust and paper curls.
Improve productivity with fast print speeds - When getting things printed quickly is critical, the MFC-J265w can print at up to 33ppm in black and 27ppm in color.
User-Friendly Color LCD Screen
1.9" color LCD display lets you view images and easily navigate menu options. There are four dedicated function keys which enable you to easily switch between copy, scan, fax and photo printing functions with just the push of a button.
The included scanning software makes it easy to scan, store and organize your documents. The simple user interface allows you to easily select your scanned documents and drag and drop them into popular software applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and more.
Features / Benefits
- Convenient 802.11b/g wireless network interface
- Built-in Fax No PC required to send and receive documents
- 1.9" color LCD display
- Fast color printing with speeds up to 33ppm black and 27ppm color3
- Print borderless photos with droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters and high resolutions up to 6000 x 1200 dpi4
- Print photos on demand from your digital camera's memory cards5>
- Flatbed copier machine convenient to copy bound, thick or odd sized documents
What's in the Box
LC61-BK Black Starter Ink Cartridge1, LC61-C Cyan Starter Ink Cartridge1, LC61-M Magenta Starter Ink Cartridge1, LC61-Y Yellow Starter Ink Cartridge1, Quick Setup and Basic User's Guide, Installation CD-ROM for Windows® and Mac OS2, Documentation CD-ROM for Windows® and Mac OS, Telephone Line Cord
2See system requirements.
3PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode, excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. For more information about print speed methodology see www.brother-usa.com/printspeed for details.
4Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal.
5Memory cards sold separately.
Top Customer Reviews
I assumed at first, that this was one of those scam printers which lure you in with price, but don't work very well and charge a wad for replacement ink. Not so! Within the realm of cheap inkjet printers, the output is plenty adequate. You can print photos in a pinch, but it's perfect for printing out maps, web pages, and other notes where color adds to the information. And the OEM replacement ink is reasonably priced, and available on Amazon.
I use a Mac, and as far as I was concerned, set up was easy. There are several modes of wireless, as well as a USB cable connection. (Cable is not included.) There's an included CD with software, but I went to Brother's website and downloaded the latest version. Installing just the printer driver got me printer function, without any additional cruft. I had to install the TWAIN package to get scanner function, which put a little icon in the menu bar. (A *color* icon, actually, ruining the default-black OS X menubar look. Ahem.) And it locked up my menu bar at one point, freezing the clock and nearly making me late for an appointment. But other than that, I've had no problems. I no longer have it auto-load on login, and quit when I'm done with it, and that's been fine.
Scanning was near miraculously easy. I pressed the scan button. The scanner operated. A file appeared in my "Pictures" directory. That's it. The scan was gorgeous, too.
The printer prints reasonably fast. It's quiet. It doesn't vibrate or have any weird smells or do anything objectionable.Read more ›
I feel pretty clever because I figured out a rudimentary hack to override this ink check.
Remove the ink cartridge and you will see a clear window on the top. The cartridge also compresses, exposing a clear vial with lines across it in the back of the cartridge. I took a black sharpie and colored both windows (doing one or the other alone didn't work) and the printer then allowed me to use it for faxing, scanning, copying, and black and white copies. I still intend to buy color ink, but sometimes I don't have time for that when I need this device to function. I know Brother's competition generally has the same practice (comment below if you know of an example that does not), but this is really too much for me to accept.
I still stand behind the rest of my review, but I cannot call this a five star quality product. It's changed, in my estimation, from an excellent printer to just OK.
Old review follows:
Apologies in advance for a lengthy review. For some reason, I really like thinking about printers.
I noticed that the printer's ink doesn't automatically show up on Amazon's ink finder yet. Ink cost is an important characteristic for any ink jet printer (in my opinion, by far the most important).Read more ›
1. Cost: great for price, especially considering it's functionality
2. Scanner: pretty good quality considering, but again, I'm used to my fossil of a printer... obviously wouldn't be the best for applications requiring intense scanning capabilities, but for everyday use, awesome
3. WIRELESS: Sorry, but this concept to me is still astounding. "you mean, I can have my printer on the other side of the house and still print things from it?!" Much better than keeping the printer within two feet of the computer, and it reduces the number of unmanageable tangled cords by at least one [no usb connection needed] (two [power cord] if you located the printer away from the computer)
4. Fax, though I don't use it (or have a main line for that matter) is a nice additional feature. Maybe once they (maybe they already have) figure out a way to attach cell phones or go over the internet, this will be more useful for me. Still, good feature for others needing this, as fax is still a pretty common form of communication and document sharing.
5. Separate color ink cartridges: FINALLY! I hate having my HP color cartridge run out of ONE color and then having to figure out how to use it still; there's still two colors of ink in there... but they're pretty useless for full color images (and you better hope you don't forget which one of the three it is). Now they're all separate and easy to get to (front flap folds down) and change.
6. Cheap off-brand ink cartridges: Unlike other companies (cough cough) there seems to be an abundance of off brand ink cartridges for Brother printers... which is good!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this as a printer but I am only using it as a scanner now. It's one of those ink-sucking $$$ sucking machines. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Catherine Hays
great printer and you don't have to use oem ink. The only reason I didn't make this a 5 star is b/c I have never been able to figure out how to use the FAX.Published 8 months ago by Salt Lick
Makes a high-pitched squeal periodically when receiving print data wirelessly. Also expands the print size even though I don't have it set that way. Otherwise, it's okay ... Read morePublished 14 months ago by RoverGal
First of all, scanner works great, but I bought this to use as a printer, and here's the deal:
This another printer rip-off. Read more
Arrived on time. After using it for few months, replaced compatible ink cartridge. Ink out of alignment. Trying lot of methods but no work. Read morePublished 20 months ago by TRUNG HO
Does not print black even after cleaning and changing the cartridge twice. I read that other people have had similar problems, not sure what do toPublished on April 26, 2014 by neha agrawal