Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $18.49 shipping
+ $18.49 shipping
+ $25.53 shipping
3-Year Office Product Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Brother HL2280 Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
|Price:||$141.48 + $18.49 shipping|
|You Save:||$58.51 (29%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fast, high-quality printing at up to 27 ppm
- Built-in wireless and Ethernet network interfaces for flexible connectivity
- Automatic duplex for producing two-sided output helps reduce paper use
- Adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray, manual feed slot for printing envelopes and letterhead
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Brother HL2280 Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
|Sold By||EELC||WE CAN (No Tax Anywhere)||Amazon.com||Technology Traders|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless;USB||Wireless;USB||Wired;Ethernet; USB||Wired;USB|
|Printer Output||Black and White||Black and White||Black and White||Black and White|
|Max Printspeed Black White||27 ppm||27 ppm||40 ppm||27 ppm|
|Resolution||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||1200 x 1200||2400 x 600|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
is available for low cost output
Versatile Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex for Small Offices
The Brother HL-2280DW compact, monochrome laser printer includes built-in wireless and Ethernet network interfaces for small office or home office printer sharing. Offering a fast print speed and automatic duplex capability, you can print professional-looking two-sided documents and booklets with ease. In addition, it features a flatbed document glass for convenient copying and color scanning. Plus, an optional high-yield replacement toner cartridge± is available to help reduce your operating costs.
- Prints up to 27ppm
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
- Automatic duplex printing for two-sided documents
- Adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper
- Manual feed slot for thicker media
- Toner Save mode for less critical business documents
- 32 MB memory
- Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Convenient flatbed document glass for stand-alone copying
- Copy reduction or enlargement
- Multi-copying, up to 99 copies
- High-quality color scanning
- Scan to functions for e-mail, file, image, and OCR
Exceptional Performance and Print Quality
Enjoy the convenience of producing high-quality documents right from your desktop or small office. With a print speed of up to 27ppm, you can stop wasting time and move on to other pressing tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, correspondence or other important business documents. Use the automatic duplex printing feature to create professional two-sided documents, brochures and booklets. This feature helps you save paper and reduce costs by cutting paper usage in half.
Convenient Copying and Color Scanning
Use the document glass for convenience copying or high-quality color scanning. Its advanced capabilities allow you to scan documents to a file, image, OCR, or e-mail. The HL-2280DW also offers stand-alone copying, and the ability to reduce/enlarge documents from 25-400 percent.
Share with others on your network via built-in wireless 802.11b/g or Ethernet interfaces. Eliminate extra cables and conveniently place your printer with wireless networking or connect locally to a single user via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router. Print from your mobile device via Cortado Workplace*, a FREE printing app that enables you to store and wirelessly print documents from your Apple, Android, or Blackberry mobile device.
Versatile Paper Handling
The HL-2280DW can meet all of your printing needs via an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray1 that handles letter or legal size paper and a manual feed slot for printing envelopes and letterhead. In addition, a straight through paper path via the manual feed slot ensures your letterhead and envelopes always look their best.
Low Cost of Ownership
In addition to being affordable to purchase, the HL-2280DW uses both standard and high-yield replacement toner cartridges. Using the high-yield 2,600-page2 toner cartridge (TN-450) can help lower your operating costs. In addition, help save money by using Toner Save Mode for your less critical business documents.
- Print Technology: Electrophotographic Laser
- Time to First Page: < 8.5 seconds
- Processor: 200MHz
- Printer Emulations: GDI, PCL6
- Resident Fonts: PCL: 66 scalable fonts, 12 bitmap, 13 bar codes
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Printer Drivers: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / XP / XP Professional x64 / 2000 / Server 2003 / 2008
Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
Linux: Red Hat (32), Fedora 10 (32), OpenSuSe 11.1 (32), Debian 5.03 (32), Ubuntu 9.04 (64)
- Print Settings: Toner Save, N-in-1 Printing, Watermark, Poster Printing, ID Print, Custom Print Profiles, Booklet Printing
- Other Software: Driver Deployment Wizard, Document Viewer Software: ScanSoft PaperPort SE with OCR by NUANCE Software for Windows, and Presto! PageManager 9 for Mac
- Network Compatibility: TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6), Apple Simple Network Configuration
- Network Management Tools: BRAdmin Light, Web-based Management, BRAdmin Pro3, Web-BRAdmin
- Wireless Network Security: WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED: Yes
- One-Push Wireless Configurations: Wi-Fi Protected Setup, AOSS
- Display (LCD): Two lines, 16 characters with backlit
- Power Consumption (avg.): Printing: 445W / Ready: 55W / Sleep: 1W / Sleep WLAN On: 2.8W
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9 inches x 15.7 inches x 10.6 inches
- Carton Dimensions: 20.7 inches x 20.1 inches x 17.3 inches
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 22.7 lbs. / 27.8 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||24ppm||24ppm||27ppm||27ppm||40ppm||40ppm|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (standard / maximum)||8 MB / 8 MB||8 MB / 8 MB||32 MB / 32 MB||32 MB / 32 MB||64 MB / 320 MB±||128 MB / 384 MB±|
|Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum)||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 750 sheets±||250 sheets / 750 sheets±|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages)||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||High-Speed USB 2.0||High-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Mobile Device Compatibility3||No||No||Cortado Workplace||Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|Replacement Toner Yields± (approx.)||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||3,000 or 8,0002||3,000 or 8,0002|
*Requires wireless network connection.
± Additional purchase required
1. Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper
2. Approx. yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4). Requires additional purchase.
3. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
Style: HL2280 (Old Model)
Top Customer Reviews
I have never owned a Brother Printer before. I have always used either HP, Canon, or Epson. To my thinking, printers like those made by Brother and Lexmark have seemed to be less reliable in times past. The past 5 months have proved me wrong. This Brother is an astounding printer at a terrific price.
All features work flawlessly and print quality is outstanding for this price range. Brother have upped their game over the last 4 or 5 years and I was tempted enough (after my HP and Canon both gave up the ghost) to look elsewhere. This Brother Printer (and I still have a Canon Pixma Inkjet for occasional color needs) is just a work horse. Flawless printing in regular and duplex mode. Originally, I just hooked a USB cable to it... but then set it up (pretty easy) to Wireless via it's built in interface. Works great.
Noise: I have seen a few comments about the noise level of this printer. I find it extremely quiet. FIrst of all, it is most usually "sleeping" in what appears to be OFF position...in this mode, the printer is totally quiet. No noise at all. If I send it a print job to it wirelessly, it wakes up pretty quick.. wait... let me time: It woke up and printed a single page in 20 seconds. So, keeping the printer in standby mode is not a problem (unless 20 seconds is too long for you to wait.
The printer returns to a quiet state after another 10 seconds (after printing) and then stays in this "alert" state for about 10 minutes. It is during this time that the printer will make some noise. Quite frankly, I don't usually notice it, it is so quiet. Then the printer returns to SLEEP mode and goes totally silent. So, there really is not a noise issue at all.Read more ›
Connecting to my wireless network via Windows 7 was a breeze. I used the automatic one-push setup and had the printer online in a couple of minutes. It does make noise, but does not seem any noisier that other laser printers I have used, although I have not tried the duplex feature yet. B&W print and copy quality is excellent. I haven't tried scanning color yet, but I suspect it will be more than adequate for my needs.Read more ›
Pros: Decent price on factory toner compared to my other inkjet. I also liked that brother has multiple models all using the same TN-420/TN-450 toners so I don't feel like it be hard to get quality factory toner in a year or two.
Network connectivity, I was able to connect to my wireless network however due to prior issues with my linksys E2000 router, none of the computers could access the printer. I have advanced tech skills and still can not get the settings right for wireless networking Vs my old WRT54G and I don't have time to dumb the router to an access point that would resolve the issue. However, the wired connection works great, all computers on the same network instantly see the printer.
I highly recommend the network printer only/ local attached drivers if you only want to print and copy because it will remove ALOT of bloatware. I also suggest to set a manual IP or static DHCP on your router to avoid any issues with the unit changing IPs.
Cons: Like other reviews I find the fan to be somewhat loud for if you had to sit next to the printer all day and listen to it not a real deal breaker but something to consider. I put the printer on the bottom part of a TV stand where there is enough room for ventilation but the wood absorbs some sound and it is in a room that out of my way.
Like most printers these days, it feels pretty plastic and I wonder about reliability of constantly opening the scanner bed.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is not the best on the market, but it certainly is not the worst. The biggest annoyance to me is the software; don't even bother with Paperport. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Daver
Better than any HP or Epson out there. Prints fast, supports wireless (and LAN), no Bluetooth but that's fine.
The only concern I have is the toner lock function. Read more
Wanted to love this printer. It worked well for a while, but then it would leave weird marks on our documents. Turned out it had a problem with the that could not be fixed. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Ggtbi G.
I like it. I do not use often but helpful when I can print and copy in my home office.Published 16 days ago by Kayo
Bought this to replace an identical four year old unit that stopped feeding paper. Though it this was a refurbished unit, it looks and runs like brand new.Published 21 days ago by Diverjay