4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cartridge
I'm a graduate student printing somewhere between 60 and 100 pages a week on a slow week; this cartridge lasts me two to three months at a time. I couldn't ask for a more economical printer/ink cartridge and the quality of the print jobs is outstanding.
Published on February 14, 2012 by Wrynn

3.0 out of 5 stars cheaper options for your printer
You want to buy the cheapest ink per page for your printer, which isn't always the biggest cartridge. If your printer supports this ink it supports a cheaper one.

At current Amazon prices:
LC71BK - 300 pages - $0.026 / page
LC75BK - 600 pages - $0.032 / page (bigger and more epensive per page than LC71BK)
LC79BK - 1200 pages - $0.021 / page...
Published 11 months ago by Joel Schopp

3.0 out of 5 stars cheaper options for your printer, August 8, 2013
Joel Schopp (Austin, TXStates) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Brother LC75BK High Yield Ink Cartridge Black (Office Product)

At current Amazon prices:
LC71BK - 300 pages - $0.026 / page
LC79BK - 1200 pages - $0.021 / page

Your printer supports the LC71BK & LC75BK, buy the 71:
MFC-J280W, MFC-J425W, MFC-J430w, MFC-J435W, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J825DW, MFC-J835DW

Your printer supports LC79BK & LC75BK, buy the 79:
MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-J6910dw

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cartridge, February 14, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work fine - lasts longer than regular ink tank, March 5, 2012
We have 2 Brother J825DW Printers in our office, one of which is used pretty heavily (80-120 pages a week). The regular ink tank lasted about a week and a half, while this one (high yield) lasted a little over 6 weeks. Used for printing documents, shipping labels, and a few flyers or documents with photos. Much cheaper ink than the HP printers we used to use . Will keep buying - Amazon has cheaper prices than our office supply store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe we are getting anywhere near 600 pages per set of brther cartridges, March 9, 2014
In my opinion we get under 100 pages per set of Brother high yield printer cartridges before low ink warning appears. I have gone through 2 sets of HIGH YIELD brother cartridges in 2 years. We do not print photo quality pictures. We mostly print recipes, tax forms, an occasional store coupon, etc. I understand that our Brother printer uses ink to clean the printer. There are times when we may not print anything for a month or two. Have tried two different strategies. One, leaving printer on all time. Two, turning printer on only when we needed to print - thinking it would not use ink to clean print heads as often. Still, do not get past a year before low ink warnings start. We use normal print quality and the printing is fine. Just way to costly for my usage. Will try refilling cartridges myself or buying discounted cartridges.

Update: April 7,2014
After getting low ink warning and the printer app showing all ink color levels low, we got about another 20 pages printed. I changed print quality to high after print became light to use all the ink. So we got maybe 120 pages from a set of 4 cartridges. After 1 month, the discounted cartridges we bought are working ok. Their quality of print is lower but acceptable for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ink cartridge, August 28, 2013
Tried to go cheap route and buy a non brother cartridge but wouldst work, so now I'm always sticking with the brother products or our printer. Great seller and quick delivery

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance, May 6, 2013
I bought this high yield black ink cartridge 6 weeks ago from amazon. Now it is already running out of ink. I print at most 2-3 pages a day so that's about 150 pages! I thought that by buying genuine brother cartridges, I would have better performance.
I don't know if amazon buys and sells these in quantity at a lesser price (older cartridges?) or if the hype about genuine brand cartridges is overrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars good price-good ink-no complaints!, February 17, 2013
LoveToShop (THE BIG APPLE) - See all my reviews
Hello!
I always shop around for the best prices and for a reliable merchant too! Found it here at AMAZON and this ink combo is always fresh...never expired..never undated like some sites sell! Will be coming back again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Printer ink: A necessity, February 7, 2013
I prefer to use name brand ink, even though it costs a bit more. Given how much I use, I do not mind the extra cost. And, since I am not a heavy printer user, the printer is more likely to get clogged while still in warranty: by using the name-brand ink, the manufacturer will honor the warranty! What can I say: it's ink and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great OEM INK, January 31, 2013
Tim Savaglio (Dayton, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Using the manufacturers ink is really the only way to go. The price is right on this one and the quality is right page after page.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong information from Brother led me to order the wrong cartridge, July 21, 2014
I ordered this cartridge using information I copied and pasted from the Brother website but it doesn't fit my Brother MFC-J80DW printer. I went back to the Brother website and now the list of ink cartridges that can be used with this printer is completely different. I can't fault Amazon for this because they sent the ink cartridge I ordered. I guess I'll just toss it in the garbage. The point is I suggest people check and double check with multiple sources before buying an ink cartridge so they don't flush their money down the toilet like I did.

Rate and Discover Movies