I use these labels all of the time for making file folders - the Brother printer makes tehm sharp, crisp, and dark and I like the black font on the white background as your eyes will quickly be drawn to them when hunting for a file in the cabinet. That's the good part.

Published on November 16, 2012 by Michael Gallagher

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Brother Product -- Ripoff!
Published on September 20, 2012 by Astromom

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Brother Product -- Ripoff!, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Brother Laminated Black On White Tape 2Pack (TZe2312PK) (Office Product)
I bought a Brother P-Touch labeler and these tapes this summer. When the sample tape in the labeler ran out, I replaced it with the first of these tapes. It immediately jammed upon printing. I took it out, straightened the tape, and tried again. This time it came out with black stuff like carbon paper having printed onto the clear thin plastic -- no adhesive or white background in sight. I called the company, waited a ridiculous amount of time on hold, and was told that the problem is that the label films have separated -- a known problem -- but the only way I could get a refund is to pay to mail them the cassette and my original receipt for it, within 90 days of the purchase. So, basically, they won't stand behind their defective product without costing me time and postage -- more than it's worth. Rip-off! I'm dumping the P-touch and going back to Dymo, which worked well for me for many years. I shouldn't have made the change when my old faithful Dymo died!

2.0 out of 5 stars Reserving Judgement until I use them, November 29, 2011
What I received is "compatible" cartridges. Yes, it says that in the description, but the image is the original manufacturers item, not a "compatible" image! Beware and read the fine print. These will be going back if they don't work exactly as the originals!! I think that is deceiving to the consumer!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected., March 15, 2010
The packaging is misleading. It arrived in open, unmarked packages with no retail packaging as pictured and no labeling as to the length. I hope it's the 26' that it's supposed to be.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Genuine Brother Product, December 1, 2011
NBB (Riverdale, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I received product very quickly, but it is not the genuine Brother P-touch label cartridges. This is "guaranteed compatible" product which was NOT apparent on the product page based on the photos and manufacturer listed in the details section. I have not tried it in the machine, however. If I decide to keep the product and try it in the machine, I will update this review. As of now, I am annoyed that I did not receive what I expected. The price is good, but I have purchased genuine Brother labels at a similarly discounted price in the past.

3.0 out of 5 stars wastage, May 6, 2013
Other reviewers have pointed out that the long leader and trailer on the printed tape wastes valuable space. This tape is not cheap by the inch. One can reduce the wastage by printing several labels on the same tape and then dividing them by scissors, and this is the only practical way of keeping the price down as far as I can tell. The print is quite durable, and I have affixed outdoor labels that take a lot of punishment during our long winters and come through very legible after three years, so I can recommend the tape if you are willing to put up with the annoyance of having to strip the backing using a rather clumsy slot on the machine. Otherwise, the backing is very difficult to get an edge on and start to remove.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, March 13, 2013
While Amazon is the best for quick delivery, one day. This product is no good. I put the first cartridge in and nothing, took it back out and saw that the film was not under the bracket. No way to get it under. Second cartridge works fine. This is not my first replacement cartridge. Had no trouble with others bought directly from Brother. So I got one cartridge for the price of two. Would not recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, June 15, 2009
The tapes work but I thought that all the tapes now had the split backing to make the tape easier to separate from the backing. Not a big deal unless you do a lot of labeling but should be somewhere in product highlights.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Crisp Fonts, But They Don't Put Much Tape in the Cartridge, November 16, 2012

I have two nits that really bug me - it's difficult, at times, to peel the backing off of the label and I wish they would put more tape in each cartridge. There's lots of empty space in the cartridge, so I know it can be done: at this price of about $12 per cartridge, I'd prefer they give you a little bit more value for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars These labels are awesome, October 23, 2013
One tip is if you are making more than one, uses the space bar to seperate the phrases versus printing seperate labels, it will save the label stock

1.0 out of 5 stars BOTH CARTRIDGES WERE DEFECTIVE, September 1, 2013
I don't know if the person selling this is selling defective ones or not but what are the chances that BOTH of the cartridges were defective. I event sent pictures and have not heard a single response from anyone. I want my money back or I want replacements.