First, this printer is not for people who will be printing tons. If you are printing anywhere near 1000 pages a week, you might want to look at a printer that holds larger toner. If you just print a moderate amount, and want an all in one, this is for you. Great for a home office or very small business. Ok...

At last, what we have been waiting for, it's...
Published 16 months ago by Brad

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend the money for the 9340
Scanning over WIFI just does not work. Had alot of issues with network connectivity. Didn't realize this did not have an ethernet port. I would spend the extra money and get the model you can run wired.
Published 11 months ago by K. Logan

4.0 out of 5 stars Toner Reset Instructions Now Included, Printer is finally decent!, July 17, 2013
Brad (San Jose, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brother MFC9130CW Wireless All-In-Onewith Scanner, Copier and Fax Color Printer (Office Product)

At last, what we have been waiting for, it's rather simple...
** TO RESET TONER **
This will make your printer believe it has a brand new toner. Once it says toner low, you can reset it and just print until it runs dry, instead of replacing the toner when you still have 500 prints left.

1) Get to the home screen, if you are stuck at the "Toner Low" or "Replace Toner" message, just press the red X
2) Press the FAX button on the touch screen. This is ONLY to light up the numbers so you can....
3) LOCATE and only locate, don't press, the * (asterisk) button. You know where it is now, somewhere to the right of the Red X button
4) Press the glowing home button to get home.
5) Open the top as if you were going to change the toner, but don't remove any toner
6) With the top open, press and hold the now UN-LIT * (asterisk) button for at least 5 seconds
7) While KEEPING the lid open, the toner reset menu will show on the screen
8) Reset your "low" or "empty" toner by pressing the color and type to reset, all with the lid open
9) close the lid and wait about 40 seconds per toner that was reset (ie. 80 seconds if you reset 2, 120 seconds if you reset 3)

cstd = cyan Standard, cstr = cyan starter, and one other for high yield, etc... Just reset to whatever type you have installed.

Boom

**** Below is Old news ****
This will remain a 1 star review until someone figures out how to reset the low toner warning...

The problem is, once the machine switches from "Low Toner" to "Replace Toner" the machine refuses to print anything. The even bigger problem is that THE TONER IS NOT EVEN EMPTY...

How hard is brother trying to scam people here? Honestly?!?! I can't print until the toner runs dry? Really? You want me to replace toner that still has 500 pages worth left for no reason at all? Oh other than that the printer works pretty good...but that justifies 1 star (since I can't give zero)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value; a reasonably priced for commercial use PSC/F, November 23, 2013
This low end commercial class printer works quite well, and if you need laser crisp printing (no inkjet bleed) on a tight budget this printer fits the bill. We use this in our small independent pharmacy and it is a great printer for our advertisements, copying needs, and scanning forms so that they can be completed electronically.

Setup for this was fool-proof. What took the longest was removing all the protective packaging... and that isn't a bad thing. I liked that the printer was shipped in appropriate materials to protect it in transit. We have robust security hardware/software but this was no issue to connect this to its own separate wifi. Brother's driver installation was easy and allowed for, "custom options", for driver only, and it also came with bonus Nuance Paperport V.14.0 - Complete Product - 1 User - Document Management - Standard Retail - Dvd-rom - Pc - English software.

Because Brother, "registers", the PC with this printer during install, scanning is very simple and there is no need to be near the computer you are scanning to, which is a pretty cool, automatically setup feature.

For people who do not like technology, even they could not have anything negative to say about this machine's ease of use. The touch screen is very responsive (one doesn't have to push their finger through the screen).

Overall, a nice value. Toners are reasonably priced and replacement is simple. "Tricking", the printer into thinking it has new toners is a nice trick to get an extra few hundred sheets out of each.

This product received 4 stars from me because I think it is a good value, is easy to use, has reasonably priced replacement parts, easy setup, nice/supportive packaging, and functions as advertised.

It did not receive 5 stars because its duplexing capability is dated; i.e. it should print both sides internally rather than back-feed the paper, taking more than twice as long. Another negative is that you have to do a toner reset in order to use as much toner as you can. This printer triggers the toner empty, and won't print, even when there is probably a few hundred pages left. Though this is easy enough to manage, it is a unnecessary task.

I hope you found this review helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best printer I have ever owned!, November 29, 2013
This printer was unpacked and printing within 10 minutes. I have never had a printer that seemed so well designed and robust for my needs. I print occasionally at home, and found that my old inkjet printer never worked right. The ink was either dried up, or the heads needed cleaning. The scanner worked flawlessly, as did the 50 or so PDF documents I needed to print. Absolutely, no trouble whatsoever. Please do not hesitate to purchase this machine.

I have not tested the fax machine thus far, and probably never will to be honest...but I assume it would function fine. Do not listen to the reviews that are negative because it doesn't duplex...it was never advertised as having that functionality. Besides it wouldn't be that hard to print the odd number pages, put those pages back in the tray appropriately, and print the even number pages if you really needed to.

On another note, I purchased this printer for $330.00 on Amazon.com (BestBuy was $400), and before it was even delivered the price had dropped by $81.00! I e-mailed Amazon about receiving credit for the difference in price, and they responded in less than hour with a confirmation number and a message explaining they would gladly provide me the $81 credit. I have used Amazon for years, and will continue to use them for my shopping needs based on their customer service alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have only had this printer a month but it is fantastic and I would not hesitate to buy it again. Very happy., November 21, 2013

I have had many printers over the years from inkjets to laser printers to mult-function printers. My last printer was a multi function printer from Brother that is about 7 years old. I was looking to upgrade to a color laser printer and since my old Brother printer has been such a work horse I decided to stay loyal to the brand.

Positives are: color is amazing and easily as good as the $5k machine we have at work. Scans are quick and very high quality as well as the copies. Color touch screen menu system was a very big upside surprise given how sensitive and intuitive it is.

The big selling point for me is the wireless capability. The machine is large as it should be but now I just hide it in a closet. Synchronizing it to my wireless network was easy and took about 20 seconds with the touchscreen keyboard.

I also love the Brother software that comes with it.

Works with all my PCs and Macs perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars I should have read the description better, October 22, 2013
Good all in one station. It does have trouble scanning to new computers, especially if you already have one setup to scan to. I also did not notice when reading the description that you cannot plug a network (Ethernet) cable into this machine. I feel the wireless option is a bit slow at times, so I went to plug in to the network and noticed there is only a USB port. Other than that let down the machine works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, August 29, 2013
This printer does not disappoint. It prints very bright & professional-looking! Very big but well worth the money! Best printer I have owned!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Brother Products especially this new wireless printer, June 19, 2013
I needed an all in one printer that was efficient and sharp, The scanner and copier are easy to use from my iMac.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend the money for the 9340, December 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 24, 2013
Plug and play at least with a Mac. Brother printers are reliable and last years; New HP's and Canon's are done within a year.
This MFC-9130CW prints beautifully right out of the box. It is a replacement for a 6 yr. old Brother MFC 8860DN that is still working fine, but I wanted color and did not want to pay the high cost of ink for an inkjet. I'm so satisfied with my purchase that I bought stock in Brother Industries.

5.0 out of 5 stars When the sales force sees how easily the Brothers sets up, October 21, 2014
The set up was a snap... so far, but we'll get to that.

This is the third machine I have ordered to find a high speed printer for commercial use. The first two were a Lexmark CS410n and a HP OJ Pro x476dw printers. The set up was a nightmare. After one and a half hours, my personal time limit, I boxed them up and sent them back. It is 2014 and I no longer in the business of compensating for manufacturer shortcomings.

The trouble with both units had to do with their wireless setup. Both required Administrator level skill. They were asking for all kinds of technical data on my wifi system using some terms unfamiliar to me. I couldn't even find what they were looking for.

I have a little Epson here that is low speed, but when you set up your wireless connection it has a set-up Wizard that does all the work, only needing the password to set up the connection. HP and Lexmark wanted information this little Epson took care of itself.

So... the Brothers shows up, I unpack it and almost as fast as I can plug it in, it is up and running. I did have to remove some shipping safeties on the ink cartridges, and remove a little tape. The HP referenced above took 20 minutes to get the ink ready. The Brothers was ready on the spot. I ran a COPY and boom, I had one.

Unfortunately, I have a Mac and I installed Yosemite. Brothers has a statement out that addresses this and it implies, but doesn't quite say, that the download is available. I looked and can't find it.

So my 5 star is conditional, and I will correct if there is a problem.

But based on their consumer friendliness everywhere I turn, I don't expect trouble.

If I were a new CEO at HP or Lexmark, I would order this Brothers machine, the HP machine, and the Lexmark machine and bring them in the box to a national sales meeting. Then I would have my product people set up all three in front of the sales force. When the sales force sees how easily the Brothers sets up, there would be pandemonium. And then I would let the product people explain why the difference.

But I am not the CEO of either company and will revel in the fact that it cost them a fortune to take back the machines they sent me.

Oh how far the mighty have fallen.