|Item Weight||19.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.9 x 14.9 x 7.1 inches|
|Item model number||MFCJ425W|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||MFCJ425W|
The MFC-J425W in an easy-to-use, compact inkjet all-in-one with wireless networking and an automatic document feeder, perfect for the small or home office.
The MFC-J425W allows you to print, copy, scan, and fax, and features a stylish design with patterned lid that will complete your modern office. It offers fast print speeds of 33 ppm black / 26 ppm color (Fast mode)1 and ISO standard 10 ppm black / 8 ppm color (ISO/IEC 27434).1 Connect multiple computers, and enjoy wireless printing from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace3.
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Unattended fax, copy, or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- 1.9-inch color LCD display for easy menu navigation
- Fast print speeds up to 33 ppm black, 26 ppm color (fast mode) and 10 ppm black, 8 ppm color (ISO standard)1
- Professional-quality prints and borderless photo printing at resolutions up to 6000 x 1200 dpi
- Flatbed copier makes it convenient to copy bound, thick, or odd-sized documents
- Help reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing using Ink Save Mode
- Brother iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from and scanning to your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 mobile device3
- Four-cartridge ink system; only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced
Utilize the power of your wireless network while reducing the number of cables in your home office. Easy-to-set up wireless networking enables others to share the Multi-Function Center on the network. The SOHO Series Multi-Function Center Machines are Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n Certified and are compatible with new routers with ‘n’ technology, allowing for faster data transfer between your PC and printer router. These models are still compatible with older routers that offer b/g technology.
Web and Mobile Device Compatibility
The MFC-J425W supports wireless printing from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace10, allowing you to print on the go.
Help reduce your printing costs with high yield LC Series Ink Cartridges. All Brother Inkjet Multi-Function Center machines are equipped with a four-cartridge ink system. This means you only have to change the specific color cartridge that needs to be replaced, instead of having to discard an entire set of ink cartridges. This helps to reduce waste and save you money.
Plus, the MFC-J425W's "N in 1" printing and copying option allows you to print several pages onto one, and Ink Save Mode is used when printing draft documents.
Simple Scanning Software
The Brother Inkjet Multi-Function Center’s versatile scanning features offer a solution for a variety of needs. Designed to help make your everyday personal, home, or business activities easier and more efficient, basic scanning capabilities include:
- Scan to E-mail: If you want to share a document with someone, you can use this time saving feature to scan it directly to your e-mail application. It will then be attached to a new e-mail for sending.
- Scan to OCR (Optional Character Recognition): Allows you to convert into digital text and open directly into a word processing document for editing.
- Scan to Image: Allows you to start editing your documents and images within seconds of scanning them. Your scanned image will open directly in your image editing software.
- Scan to File: Automatically save your scanned documents to a designated folder on your computer or network, saving you time from having to do it manually.
- Scan to USB/Media Cards: Enables you to scan your documents or images directly to a USB Flash Drive or Media Card, eliminating the need to send it to your computer first. Items can be scanned into JPEG, PDF, or TIFF (black and white only) formats.
What's in the Box
MFCJ425W; LC71 Series Cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow); User’s Manual; Quick Setup Guide; Telephone Line Cord
- Max. Print Speed Black / Color (Fast Mode, ISO Standard)1: 33 / 26ppm, 10 / 8ppm
- Max. Print Resolution (dpi)2: 6000 x 1200
- Borderless Printing: Yes
- Ink Save Mode6: Yes
- Stand Alone Fax Capabilities: Color and B/W
- Max. Fax Modem Speed / Best Transmission Speeds7: 14.4K bps / 7 sec.
- Dual Access8: Yes
- PC Fax (Send or Receive)8: Send Only
- Max. Copy Speed Black / Color (Standard, ISO ADF Only)1: 22 / 20ppm, 5 / 5ppm
- Max. Copy Resolution (dpi)2: 1200 x 1200
- Reduction / Enlargement (min. - max.): 25 - 400%
- Multiple Copies: Yes (99)
- N-in-1: 2in1 / 2in1 (ID) / 4in1 (A4 / Letter / Executive only)
- Scanner Capabilities: B/W and Color
- Optical Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 2400 x 1200 (glass) / 1200 x 600 (ADF)
- Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 19200 x 19200
- Document Viewer / OCR Software10: Windows ScanSoft PaperPort 12 SE with OCR; Mac Presto! PageManager 9 with OCR
- Scan to Capability: Image, OCR, E-mail
- Auto Crop Scanning: Yes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows OS: XP / XP Professional x64 / Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2003 / 2003 x64 / 2003 R2 / 2003 R2 x64 / 2008 / 2008 R2
- Macintosh OS: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9" x 14.9" x 7.1"
- Carton Dimensions: 18.9" x 10" x 18.3"
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 19.8 lbs. / 24.0 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||33ppm / 26ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm|
|Maximum Input Paper Size||N/A||N/A||N/A||11" x 17"||11" x 17"||11" x 17"||11" x 17"|
|Media Card / Pict Bridge||No||Yes||Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes|
|Networking||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n) or Wired Ethernet networking||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)|
|LCD||1.9-inch Color LCD Display||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen|
1. ISO speeds based on ISO / IEC 24734 (print) or ISO / IEC 24735 (copy using ADF). PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. See www.brother-usa.com/printspeed for details.
2. Resolutions are listed horizontal by vertical dpi.
3. See www.brother.com for details and availability. The iPhone App Store, Android Market, and Microsoft Marketplace are not available in all countries. Supports PDF and JPEG formats. Windows Phone 7 does not support PDF printing.
4. Additional purchase required.
5. Cables not included.
6. Helps save ink by outlining images for draft printing.
7. Based on ITU-T Test Chart No. 1 at standard resolution with MMR compression.
8. Black and white only.
9. PC-Fax send only for Mac users.
10. See System Requirements at www.brother.com.
11. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.