4.0 out of 5 stars Get the most out of your cartridges
The toners are perfectly fine, but it irks me that the 4570-CDW printer uses simple page counting to determine if a cartridge needs replacing. That is why all the color cartridges supposedly come up for replacement at the same time. To get around this, you can reset the printer manually in just a few steps:

1. Hold open the cartridge door, as if you were going...
Published 9 months ago by Arthur Bradley

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not print 6,000 pages!
I have, as of this very moment printed 11,004 pages on my brother MFC-9970CDW printer and been through the factory toner, and 2 TN-315BK toner cartridges. One would think that I would have slightly better performance; however, I am not achieving the advertised amount of pages. I am very disappointed in this product.

UPDATE: 9/17/12 --

Since my...
Published on February 9, 2012 by HiDef Cineza

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the most out of your cartridges, March 26, 2014
This review is from: Brother TN315BK Toner Cartridge for Brother Laser Printer - Retail Packaging - Black (Office Product)

1. Hold open the cartridge door, as if you were going to replace the cartridge.
2. The "Cover Open" message will appear on screen on the top of the printer.
3. Press `Cancel' and `Secure' buttons simultaneously. The Toner Reset menu appears.
4. Press down arrow until you reach whichever color toner is displaying low toner warning. Watch for C, M, Y, or K, and then Standard or High Capacity.
5. Press `OK' when the color that you want to reset comes up. Then press the UP arrow to accept - `Accepted' message appears.
6. Repeat step 5 for any other colors that you want to reset.
7. Close it all back up, and you're good to go.

Now you can simply monitor the print quality to decide when to change cartridges. It'll save you bundles.

Hope this helps!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not print 6,000 pages!, February 9, 2012

UPDATE: 9/17/12 --

Since my original review, I have printed out over ~75k more pages through this printer and have utilized 13 toner cartridges. As so many of my fellow shoppers like to point out via their witty commentary as a reply to my review this is about 6000 pages per cartridge! Therefore, I must have been wrong with my original review... Unfortunately for them they are still wrong, I just happen to have educated myself on how to force reset the software based counter that the printer itself utilizes to determine when to flag the cartridge for replacement. In my particular model you open the drum unit cover, press 1, and then proceed to reset the cartridge. This method then allows me to replace the cartridge only when the toner begins to no longer show up on printed pages. This has resulted in an additional ~800 pages per cartridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried 3rd-Party - Now Use Only Official Brother Brand, March 19, 2013
Glen B. Goldstein (Narrowsburg, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Can't believe I'm writing this -- the whole idea of using official toner cartridges from the printer manufacturer makes me gag -- it just seems like a giant scam. ("Be sure to use only Honda-brand windshield washer fluid in your new Honda.")

But the fact is that I've tried lots of 3rd-party toner cartridges from well-recommended companies, and now I use only official Brother brand cartridges. The 3rd party cartridges seem to inevitably leak toner and make a mess. When I'm on deadline I just don't have the time for that sort of nonsense. Worth it to pay more for the official Brother cartridge, and Amazon usually has a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I only buy Genuine Brother cartridges, September 27, 2011
David Krahulec (MANHATTAN, IL, US) - See all my reviews
I use my Brother printer to print brochures and Product Information Sheets for my business so my print volume is high and quality is important. I have tried buying remanufactured and knockoff ink cartridges in the past in an effort to save money. I have found that either the cartridges leak or the print quality is substandard to the genuine Brother cartridges. I now only use the genuine Brother cartridges.

1.0 out of 5 stars Refilled Brother Toner cartride sold as orginal, September 12, 2013
Refilled Brother Toner cartride sold as orginal Black TN315BK.
My printer refused to accept the new cartridge and kept showing warning "REPLACE TONER K" .
After spending several hours with Brothers Tech - the brothers tech was able to determine that the toner was actually a refilled toner sold as original on amazon in a Brother Box which was taped from all side.
Upon entering the serial number of the Toner, it was found out that the refill cartridge was actually a MAGENTA color toner and not the Black toner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest Original Toner High Yield anywhere online, August 27, 2012
These are original Brother cartridges. You wont find them cheaper anywhere else online for High Yield. Thats all that needs to be said here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this toner., August 25, 2014
Jackie Suarez (Hialeah, FL United States) - See all my reviews
As many other have posted here, we experience stripes on our print jobs and low quality printing on the paper. The toners leaked and prayed the inside of the printer with toner all over (all colors). I had to carefully take the printer outside, take all of the components out and clean it with a can of compressed air and a wet napkins. I purchase the original Brother toner TN310 set and everything is working fine now. Avoid the headache and don't buy these toners.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received defective cartridge but too late to return, November 24, 2013
Joe Howe (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this cartridge in advance so it would be ready when we ran out. Turns out that the toner is all clumped together and you can hear it when I shake it.

Since I ordered it over a month in advance now I can't return it even though it is defective.

1.0 out of 5 stars It leaked ALL OVER THE INSIDE of my printer. ..., July 22, 2014
It leaked ALL OVER THE INSIDE of my printer. I lost over an hour cleaning it up. Will not buy toner through Amazon any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, November 14, 2011
excellent price on a product that works out of the box and lasts a long time. I am quite satisfied with the printer and the cartridges.