Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Release Date: 26-MAY-2009
Media Type: DVD
Top Customer Reviews
Let's get the laundry list out of the way. Average to horrible acting, a few pointless story lines, shaky cam style that ruins every battle scene, a music score that wrecks every other scene, multitudes of unfocused shots, a 5.1 sound that is mixed almost entirely wrong, rudimentary CGI, really fake hand to hand, artillery and high caliber rifles that had no recoil, and so on.
Now the good. Got to see some nice footage of nearby California (subbed for Poland), got to see my favorite mutant biker from Weird Science play a Russian, and that covers it. It had some emotional moments to it, and I give them props for showing multi-national cooperation in times of escaping Russian bad guys (German, Brit and whatever the gal was trying to be).
Special features: A multi-page screen text about the Freemasons. Putting aside the bad grammar and poor spelling, it contained some sad facts about their organization during the war. Also included is a nine-minute making-of showing the production team and extras doing their thing. Has some informative material on the props and rehearsals.
I give this two stars for the film and extras. I also noticed the few high rating reviews out there are from cast members, which I understand.
- Everyone thinking about making a movie should watch this to learn what not to do.
- Horrible, actors appear to have to be reminded when to say their lines, high school project quality.
- Most scenes are out of focus, cameras move and pan when they shouldn't and don't when they should, shaky almost every scene, composition and headroom is always wrong, horrible headroom in every scene, all scenes have horrible camera angles. The camera lingers way too long after every scene. Don't think they used a stationary camera the entire movie.
- First fight scene shows soldiers standing and walking back and forth in the trenches without helmets. Fake, cheesy explosions and gun shots, soldier shooting pistol moves hand forward and back like a ten year old, hand to hand combat is horrible, guns have no recoil, gun shot wounds are never present in clothing. Cameras are always zoomed in too far to hide the horrible acting.
- Climactic the entire movie. Two soldiers walking down the road and they have full battle music blasting. Makes no sense. Music is all wrong.
There's so much more to write but I'm going to put in Band of Brothers and watch a good war movie. I'm upset I used a free Redbox rental on this movie.
Not sure where to begin...
Wooden acting. Unrealistic combat. Plot that's incredibly far-fetched. Russians bad, Germans good (according to the Polish nurse!). Icing on the cake, there's some strange sub-plot about Freemasons that doesn't add anything to the film but more running time.
Maybe I've been in the military too long, I just don't have the patience for this kind of stuff anymore. Spare yourself, don't buy/watch it.
100 minutes of your life you'll wish you'd spent watching a better war film, which means almost any one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Tino Struckmann is always ten star brilliance even when the movie isn't. If you pass up anything with his name on it you're missing out!Published 8 days ago by R. Davis
Absolutely Terrible movie. Poorly written with an annoying background music throughout. Actors are amateurish. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Luca
Brothers War weak acting,weak everything,good story was very unconvincing would definitely not recommend to my worst enemy a complete waste of moneyPublished on November 16, 2013 by LEIGH john edward
Again, PLEASE take into consideration the movies other people are reviewing before judging whether or not their opinions on a war movie such as this are valid. Read morePublished on February 9, 2012 by Nachtjager