5.0 out of 5 stars REAL Maple Syrup
I thought maple syrup was maple syrup but, apparently things have changed over the last several years. I noticed a while back that the maple syrup I purchased in the store (even organic) had an "odd" taste. It just didn't taste right. I tried several types but, with the same result.

Then I read a review on here about Vermont having tougher standards for...
Published on March 23, 2009 by N. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed
I am puzzled by the rave reviews - I was not especially impressed. Maybe I had a bad batch. But I have had PHENOMENAL Maple Syrup that tasted literally like butter - homemade on the farm in upper State New York. Admittedly nothing else compares but this stuff was pretty tasteless - Spring Tree is at least one star better. I would not order again -

BTW - I...
Published on March 8, 2010 by Greg Logan

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL Maple Syrup, March 23, 2009
This review is from: Brown Family Farm Pure Vermont Maple Syrup, 32-Ounce Jug (Grocery)

Then I read a review on here about Vermont having tougher standards for maple syrup. As in something about not allowing other sweeteners or something, don't remember exactly.

Anyway, I decided try Brown Family Pure Vermont Maple Syrup. Wow, major taste difference, even the after taste lingers and is very nice. I also bake bread with maple syrup, the smell of the baking bread, and the bread flavor are much more distinct maple.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Vermont Grade A Medium Amber" Maple Syrup, December 31, 2009
Actual label states "Vermont Grade A Medium Amber" maple syrup. Amazon product description does not state the grade. Generally, Grade A has a lighter maple taste than the stronger flavored Grade B.

5.0 out of 5 stars maple syrup, April 15, 2009
Very dark amber and sweet maple syrup from the state that does it best, Vermont. Highly recommended. Very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown Family Farm Pure Vermont Maple Syrup, March 3, 2009
Quick Delivery and excellent product. Probably the best we've ever used. Very good price. Will order it again

5.0 out of 5 stars The best maple syrup I've ever tasted!, January 7, 2010
I ordered this for my husband, a die-hard maple syrup fan. I've always been of the "any good syrup will do" opinion. After having this syrup over waffles my husband made the morning after the shipment arrived, I'm now a convert. We will definitely continue our subscription to regular shipments of this delicious elixir!

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, August 24, 2009
There's no doubt about it, this is the real deal. Wonderfully full-bodied syrup with a luscious amber brown color. Sometimes I even make my buckwheat pancakes for dinner just so I can have the syrup without waiting for breakfast. The price is great and the quality is consistent between batches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maple syrup by subscription - what a nifty discovery, January 6, 2011
Amazon Customer (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is good syrup. I am a Vermonter who has lived all over the world and have missed real maple syrup. I now live "just" a few hundred miles from Vermont but I still don't find jugs of the real stuff very often. Now, thank goodness, I have a regular subscription to get jugs of this essential of life. And it is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting syrup, excellent price, January 2, 2010
This is a GREAT tasting syrup! Not too sweet and not thin & runny like some other pure maple syrups. I was pleasantly surprised at how thick this syrup is--my husband had to check to make sure it was just maple syrup (I've been buying our maple syrup at Sam's Club & I guess we didn't realize just how runny that syrup is)
This has a rich amber color and great maple flavor that you can still taste even with a whole lot of butter on your pancakes or waffles (my son likes lots of butter)
My only complaint is that it is messy to pour. I have had other bottles of syrup with similar shaped spouts that have not been messy whereas with this spout the syrup glug-glug-glugs out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown Family Farm Pure Vermont Maple Syrup, February 7, 2010
I just ordered a second jug of this syrup after finishing off my first jug yesterday. There are some things upon which one cannot skimp, and real maple syrup is one of them. I grew up with Mrs. Butterworth's, but now that I'm older (and buying my own groceries!), I've found that there really is no comparison between real maple syrup and the other stuff. A 12-oz container of maple syrup is $7.99 at the grocer in my area, so this 32-oz jug is easily a better deal (and it tastes great). Unlike the stuff from the store, this syrup is from Vermont! Overall, I highly recommend this syrup on the bases of price and taste.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, March 8, 2010

BTW - I don't think syrup s/b left in these plastic containers - I suggest moving them to glass asap. I notice my other one picked up the taste of the plastic (I gave the Brown Family away so I did not have it that long).