The Brown & Sharpe 599-7041 BesTest eight-piece dial test indicator accessory set is for use with Brown & Sharpe Bestest series dial test indicators (sold separately). It includes a rectangular bar, a round bar, a short swivel shank, an angle attachment, two extensions with dovetails, a 0.040" carbide contact point, and a 0.120" carbide contact point. Carbide contact points are wear- and magnetic-resistant.
Dial indicators are also called dial gauges, probe, and electronic indicators. These precision instruments measure small linear distances and object sizes. The dial magnifies the measurement so that it can be easily read by the human eye. Frequently used in manufacturing, laboratories, and other industrial or mechanical fields, dial indicators are used anywhere a small measurement must be found and recorded or transferred, such as checking the variation in tolerance of a workpiece. Standard dial indicators measure the displacement along the axis of the indicator. Dial test indicators are very similar to dial indicators, except that the axis of measurement is perpendicular to the axis of the indicator. Dial and dial test indicators can be analog, with a mechanical dial, or electronic, with a digital display. Some electronic models transfer the data electronically to a computer for recording and potential manipulation.
Brown & Sharpe manufactures precision measuring equipment and metrology hand tools. The company, founded in 1833, is headquartered in North Kingstown, RI.
What's in the Box?
- 3" Rectangular bar (5/16 x 3/16 inches [H x W]) with a 0.220" diameter stud
- 7/32" diameter round bar (2-7/8"long) with 0.163" stepped end and 0.220" diameter stud
- 3/8" diameter short swivel shank (1" long)
- 3/8" diameter angle attachment (1" long)
- 0.220" diameter extension with dovetail
- 0.250" diameter extension with dovetail
- 0.040" carbide contact point
- 0.120" carbide contact point