5.0 out of 5 stars I lIke this product!
I'm on the New Atkin's diet (induction stage) and the hardest thing for me to wean myself from has been sugar in my coffee. I have tried all three versions of JLS and here are my thoughts.

Published 20 months ago by Ana

1.0 out of 5 stars If you think stevia is bitter....
Stay away from this. I can tolerate most sugar substitutes, but this one tastes wrong. All sweeteners have a subtle chemical or bitter aftertaste, even the "natural" ones.

Published 11 months ago by L. Lawrence

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I lIke this product!, January 26, 2013
Ana (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brown Sweetener: 16 oz by Just Like Sugar (Health and Beauty)

First off it is NOT as sweet as white sugar, but in the end I found this to be a good thing. At first I was using 2 tablespoons of the Table Top in my coffee to match the sweet taste that I was used to with sugar. What I found was after about 2 weeks of Atkins/using JSL, my desire for sweets decreased considerably. YEAH!! And JSL fiber content takes the edge off of hunger, so a low carb/calorie cup of coffee makes a good pick me up snack.

It DOES have an aftertaste, although it is not offensive and it isn't awful like the aftertastes of the synthetic sweeteners which to me, taste like pen ink or some nasty chemical, the aftertaste of JSL is mildly citric.

The fact that is not quite as sweet as sugar has helped me gradually wean myself from the addictive sugar cravings. I tried the Table Top first, alone, and then found that if I make a mix of the Table Top and Brown together 50/50 even the small bit of citric aftertaste is diminished considerably.

The only complaints of the Atkins diet is the lack of fiber aspect from the low carb intake. JSL helps to increase regularity as it it is almost all fiber!! So now instead of using it as a sugar crutch, I drink one cup of coffee in the morning with one tablespoon of my JSL mix and in the evening, one cup of tea with the same. It has made a happy difference!!

JSL Brown has a somewhat caramel taste that goes really well in coffee and hot chocolate and most teas. If you have a green tea or a fruity tea JSL Table Top is a nicer addition.

Overall this product for me has been is a God send, but I wish it was less expensive!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice brown sugar substitute, January 11, 2013
D.R. (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
I chose a 4 because it is an acceptable alternative to brown sugar in my opinion. It isn't a 5 since it is so darn expensive. It also doesn't caramelize like the real thing does. We use it on our oatmeal and I have made apple crisp with it. I love that it has no calories and is still considered healthy and not artificial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to sugar for T2 diabetics, February 5, 2013
This is a wonderful sweetner for those watching their carbs and blood sugars. I use it to make GF fillings and toppings for almond and coconut flour cinnamon rolls, muffins, and cakes. Wonderful with cinnamon, cardamon, and nutmeg mixed in for a topping or filling.

The down side is the price and that this product does not have a lot of distributors for competitive pricing.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you think stevia is bitter...., October 20, 2013

My favorite sweetener is Truvia. It has a little aftertaste, but you use less of it since it is sweeter than sugar. That helps! It works and tastes good in my margaritas, berry cobbler, chocolate pudding and chocolate/sunbutter shakes. I use about 1/4 or 1/3 of the amount of table sugar required. I bought my little jar at Fred Meyer or Kroger. Kroger has their own label, but it is Truvia and a lot cheaper. Also, Truvia claims they are non-gmo. Check out their FAQs on their website.

If you don't care about carbs, but want a low glycemic sugar, try coconut palm sugar. It has low impact on blood sugar and tons of minerals. It tastes better than brown sugar!

Hope this was helpful. Good luck with your search! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Like Sugar Brown Sweetener, February 11, 2012
I've been using the Just Like Brown Sweetener in my hot cereal, and altho it isn't quite as sweet as regeular brown sugar, I still save calories by using about equal amounts of it with brown sugar.

It tastes a lot like brown sugar, so it is a nice to use, in addition to the real thing. So far, hot cereal is the only food item I use it in, but that is mainly how I use brown sugar, anyhow.

It would be a little expensive to use it in baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this sweetener, July 7, 2013
We love this sweetener and all of the Just Like Sugar products-- it's natural, healthy, tastes great and I use it in everything and when I use it in desserts for company, no one ever knows. I use it in smoothies, iced tea, greek yogurt, sauces and more. You can make your own sugar free/fat free vanilla Greek yogurt and it is delicious. I recently made a fruit trifle with it and no one knew and all claimed it was the best dessert at the picnic. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, March 23, 2013
As an insulin dependent diabetic, I am always looking for diabetic friendly products and this one is a keeper. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is really good, I was really surprised, July 12, 2014
Phyllis (Picayune, MS) - See all my reviews
This stuff is really good, I was really surprised. They are right when they say 'Just Like Sugar'. So glad to find a good substitute for regular brown sugar. We have to watch our sugar intake but we still want to have some good desserts.

5.0 out of 5 stars We are very pleased with the results of the "just like sugar products" ..., July 11, 2014
We are very pleased with the results of the "just like sugar products"
I am using them with some of my baking recipes as well as in coffee
and tea. I have also shared some with family and friends who are happy
with the product as well. It's nice to have a product that does not have
the after taste that other products have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
A great addition to baked apples, oatmeal...well anything that needs a Carmel brown sugary goodness without the sugar spikes!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›