Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Now Deal of the Day

on June 5, 2007
A wonderful book for women (and men) entrepreneurs who have dreams of being their own boss and want to read about a woman's story of turning her dream into reality. Quite a fun read! Much of what is said in this book is material I cover during my face-to-face sessions as a volunteer SCORE counselor.

If you are lucky enough to get a copy of this book, then you will learn about the importance of the following if you want to be self-employed and your own boss:

1. The need to get organized.

2. The need to get your finances in order.

3. The need to research your business idea and write a business plan.

4. The need to systematize your business' processes.

5. The need to continually improve your business' marketing program.

I particularly enjoyed the discussion of the importance of intellectual property concepts and why one should consider created a tradename, trademarks and possible patents. There was valuable insight offered about the significance of trade secrets. And don't forget how much mentors can help, too.

I also liked the insight provided regarding the use of temp workers exclusively. That seems to be a growing trend in America today. And the message that not having a storefront with a reasonable profit is better than having a strorefront with minimal profit. One should be in business to make money - not just put on a show of being self-employed.

I would have liked the book better if copyrights had also been mentioned. And I was kind of surprised the author said she personally used Quicken instead of QuickBooks. If she really does use Quicken to keep her business' books, then it is smaller than I envisioned it. And I would be surprised she had a need for a tax attorney as she said. 5 stars!
on August 8, 2007
BROWNIE POINTS: SEVEN STEPS TO SUCCESS FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS FROM ONE WHO MADE IT tells the story of a woman who founded her business - in making brownies sold through the Internet. Her background in marketing and as a model and TV reporter contributed to her business success and here she uses its tenth successful anniversary to explore the foundations of starting a business, serving as an inspiration for women of color and making BROWNIE POINTS a top pick for any general lending library catering to women seeking keys to success.

Diane C. Donovan
California Bookwatch
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
What a gem! It is always interesting to read stories of successful women entrepreneurs. And as so often happens, the author did not set out to start a business initially.

The storytelling aspect of this book will captivate you. And the success strategies are truly delicious, filled with love (or shall I say LUV (TM)). Apply them. DOn't just read the book. Actually put what you learn into action.

I found myself highlighting throughout this fabulous book. Not only will it inspire, it will give you a springboard to put your own dreams into action.

Ronda Del Boccio, the Story Lady
#1 bestselling author and Celebrity Author Mentor
on August 27, 2012
I enjoyed reading BOTH of Andrea's books. They gave me great insight when I began the paperwork for starting my own baking company. This book is great and her first book Luv Story is good too. Check it out!