Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 21, 2012
I purchased this sight for my new Ruger 10/22. I was hesitant to purchase a sight for only $50 dollars, but the Browning logo and the fact that it was intended to go on a .22 LR, and thus would only be exposed to low recoil, swayed me that it would be ok. It is not.

In Arizona sunlight the sight is barely visible on the "7" setting on a fall day. The sight is clear and focused, it is just very faint. It is not fast to acquire, as the reticle is only visible in a narrow field of view and disappears totally outside that view. You end up having to move the rifle around a bit before you can see the sight.

The first shot through it was 5 feet high and 3 feet to the right at approximately 50 yards. I had to dial the adjustment almost all the way down and half way to the left before it was finally on target. That was a bit disconcerting, as the included mount on the 10/22 was supplied by Ruger with the rifle and installed into holes tapped out at the factory. To its credit, it stayed on target for the 100+ rounds I put through it before calling it quits.

Unfortunately, due to the wash out and the fact that the reticle is way too slow to acquire, it is not worth using. The included folding iron sights are faster, thus negating one of the chief advantages of a sight of this type. The other advantage of a sight of this type is that is easy to see. If you eyes cannot see the irons, this thing won't help you as it is too faint in bright light.

My feeling is that this thing is useless on a .22 (or any other) rifle, I would urge you to spend your rimfire rifle sight money elsewhere-- or to spend it on ammo instead.

Edit: Note that if you go to Browning's own website-- that they have an SA-22 with a Bushnell Red-Dot sight sold as a package (SA-22 is a sweet little 22 by the way). See the page "Semi-Auto 22 Red-Dot combo". Browning knows this sight is crap, so they included the Bushnell sight instead of their own brand. Enough said.
on December 1, 2012
Had problems with initial unit, and replacement. Elevation screw on both units broke immediately ( recoil?). From my experience, I would not recommend use on anything more powerful than .22 cal. Claims to be " ..shockproof , reliable and durable.,," with not restriction on usage or application.Understand that Browning does not made it ( Made in China) but surprised that Browning would put their name on it.
on January 5, 2011
I purchased this halo sight for my wife's Ruger MKIII, and it has functioned very well... My only problem is that in bright sunlight and the brightness all the way up, I can not see the reticle...
on March 4, 2013
I mounted this sight on my Buckmark using the Weigand Weaver style scope mount and it couldn't have been any easier. After zeroing it in, I immediately began shooting ten shot groups at 25 yards that I could cover with my thumb! This thing is fantastic! I'll admit that after reading some of the poor reviews this item has received on this site, I was a bit skeptical about how well such an inexpensive sight would perform. All I can say is that it works better than I had hoped. Is it SWAT, Delta, or Navy SEAL quality? Nope. But for the casual shooter/plinker who wants to see an immediate improvement in their group sizes, you could probably spend more and do worse than this sight. I will update this review if I encounter any problems down the road. But right now I'm as happy as a clam!

(Six Weeks and 2,000 Rounds Later...)
I've been using this sight for 6 weeks now and have not had any problems. Even after I remove the sight to clean the pistol and remount it, it holds zero. Switching through the different choices of reticles doesn't affect zero either. No problems with mounting screws coming loose, and I'm still on the original battery that was included. Also, don't underestimate the coolness factor. I have had at least a half dozen people approach me at the gun range to ask about what type of sight I'm using. I've gone through 4 bricks of 500 round .22lr since installing this sight and the only problem I've encountered is trying to find more ammo at a decent price.
on September 9, 2011
Good price, great service. Order shipped immediately, package arrived on time and in good shape. Sight was very easy to install, though the directions are limited to what fit on the backing card in the packaging, so very tiny print. Only took a few shots to get the sights zeroed in, it has made shooting my .22LR target pistol much easier. Works well indoors or outdoors, the only negative is that you have to remember to turn it off, but that's more of a user flaw than a product issue.
on March 11, 2016
Quit after 7 months and no one, Browning or Bushnell, who Browning says made it, will honor the warranty. Good enough sight while it worked. Been without the sight for two months now. Now I can't even get it back from the repair station Browning's website said to send it to. Multiple phone calls and run-around. Buy at your own risk.
on March 10, 2013
EDIT: 4/9/2013
Previously I had only used the Buckmark sight at an indoor range and it worked well. Just recently I tried to used this sight outside on a sunny day.

This sight on sunny day outside was almost completely useless to me. I could not see the holographic sight picture very easily and constantly kept getting a reflection of the Browning Buckmark logo to appear in the glass brighter and Bigger and it would take some looking to actually find the sight and even after couple rounds I would lose it and have to reacquire it. For an indoor sight this thing was great, but as an outdoor sight it didn't work at all for me. I knocked it down a couple stars because I shoot outside more than I do inside.

I bought the Buck Mark Scope Base to put this on.

I like that it has four different holographic sight pictures you can select from. Pretty cool and very bright on highest setting. I usually only use highest setting or off. Easy to change batteries being right on top. This is also sold under a different brand name for about the same price. I purchased this model due to it having the browning logo and this going on a browning handgun.

Recommended for a plinking 22lr Buck Mark. Works great and mounts up nicely to the Buck Mark scope base.
on July 26, 2013
It was good while it lasted. I had it on a 1022 with a tapco stock so you know the recoil energy isn't even hardly there. I only fired about 150 bullets through it with the scope on before it went out. I tried many batteries and the beam that shoots up on the glass still wont come on. I sent it back for different scope. Optics planet is a very reliable place to buy your Scopes! My brother has his buckmark on a stag arms ar15 with about 300 rounds through it and his is fine. I guess it just depends on if you get a quality made one out of the thousands that are made. You just gotta get lucky.
on March 20, 2016
Not bad for a $50 sight but you need to remember that you get what you pay for. This sight has a plastic lens, so it is not exactly parallax free and the red dot reticle looks more like a smear after one month's use...though it has upped my 50' bullseye scores by 40-50 points, compared to iron sights. I also find the need to re-zero the sight every few weeks, as it tends to creep, even though it is mounted on a rigid frame Buckmark .22 pistol and doesn't move when shooting, like it would if mounted to a slide. Again, not a bad ENTRY LEVEL reflex sight.

UPDATE 3.24.2016: While shooting at the range tonight, the Buckmark reflex sight blew out like a candle and would not re-light, despite changing the battery twice. It has only been on my gun for two months; therefore, the 3 star rating drops to 1.
on November 7, 2014
Pretty nice reticle even though it takes a little while to dial it in. Took it to the range and the installed it there. The dial for the different recticle was cool and made target practice a little more challenging. Overall I would recommend this for 22 rifles or shotguns.