5.0 out of 5 stars Great seller, great sight
Good price, great service. Order shipped immediately, package arrived on time and in good shape. Sight was very easy to install, though the directions are limited to what fit on the backing card in the packaging, so very tiny print. Only took a few shots to get the sights zeroed in, it has made shooting my .22LR target pistol much easier. Works well indoors or...
Published on September 9, 2011 by Calvin Louie

1.0 out of 5 stars You only get what you pay for!
I searched high and low for customer reviews on this sight before I decided to buy it. There were none! I very well may be the first. I took a chance on this item because it had the Browning name on it. A halo sight for around 60.00 - worth a try. Well, you only get what you pay for! The only saving grace in this deal is Amazon's return policy.

I installed this...
Published on July 21, 2010 by William J. Dolphin

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
I ordered this for my Browning Buck Mark Camper 22LR because of the price and it has the browning emblem. It was easy to install and sight in. It is very accurate.

1.0 out of 5 stars China made junk. Browning should be ashamed., October 21, 2012
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
I purchased this sight for my new Ruger 10/22. I was hesitant to purchase a sight for only $50 dollars, but the Browning logo and the fact that it was intended to go on a .22 LR, and thus would only be exposed to low recoil, swayed me that it would be ok. It is not.

In Arizona sunlight the sight is barely visible on the "7" setting on a fall day. The sight is clear and focused, it is just very faint. It is not fast to acquire, as the reticle is only visible in a narrow field of view and disappears totally outside that view. You end up having to move the rifle around a bit before you can see the sight.

The first shot through it was 5 feet high and 3 feet to the right at approximately 50 yards. I had to dial the adjustment almost all the way down and half way to the left before it was finally on target. That was a bit disconcerting, as the included mount on the 10/22 was supplied by Ruger with the rifle and installed into holes tapped out at the factory. To its credit, it stayed on target for the 100+ rounds I put through it before calling it quits.

Unfortunately, due to the wash out and the fact that the reticle is way too slow to acquire, it is not worth using. The included folding iron sights are faster, thus negating one of the chief advantages of a sight of this type. The other advantage of a sight of this type is that is easy to see. If you eyes cannot see the irons, this thing won't help you as it is too faint in bright light.

My feeling is that this thing is useless on a .22 (or any other) rifle, I would urge you to spend your rimfire rifle sight money elsewhere-- or to spend it on ammo instead.

Edit: Note that if you go to Browning's own website-- that they have an SA-22 with a Bushnell Red-Dot sight sold as a package (SA-22 is a sweet little 22 by the way). See the page "Semi-Auto 22 Red-Dot combo". Browning knows this sight is crap, so they included the Bushnell sight instead of their own brand. Enough said.

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS SIGHT IS JUNK!!, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
I purchased this sight as a gift for a friend. We mounted it on a Browning 22 lr pistol and fired a total of 20 to 30 rounds. Then the sight went dark! Nothing worked. I tried to return to Amazon but was informed we were out of the 30 day return window. We contacted Browning directly and were told they don't manufacture the sights and do not warrant them. We contacted the company the sight came from and there is no answer. What are we supposed to do with this piece of junk??

1.0 out of 5 stars Pisses me off I can't give it zero stars!, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
My second review! Let's be clear, Amazon service was fantastic. Delivered this terd one day sooner than they promised. Problem is, even one day early, a terd is a terd! I'm pretty sure Browning bought these on clearance from TruGlo because they are exactly the same.

The rheostat on my previous red dot sight purchased in the mid 80's finally died. I mounted it on many different guns over the years but it always ended up back on my Buckmark Target. After around 20,000 rounds through the Buckmark it finally became unstable and the dot would go out about every other shot. Wiggling it would turn it back on but time to go. Hence, this gem. I mean it's endorsed by Browning! How bad can it be?

Opened it this afternoon. Looks okay, nothing special. Immediately mounted it in anticipation of stepping out back to "the range" and sighting it in. Only one of the cross-bolts actually fits down into the rail slot to deal with recoil. Okay, this is just a 22 so shouldn't be a problem. But wait, the screws don't seem to tighten as expected. Instead of the mount fitting firmly onto the rail and the screws tightening rapidly when the side clamp contacts the rail, the screws seem to tighten slowly as if something is flexing or giving.

Removed the scope to investigate and the cross-screw has left thread marks in my rail which, by the way, was pristine after 25 years and several different sighting systems! You must be kidding! Okay, damage done. Let's put it back on and see what happens. Second time around, still the same thing.

Hold the gun up for the first mounted inspection... It's not level. In fact, it's not even close to level. Inspecting closely the base of the scope appears to be very close to contacting the top of the rail and parallel, which is all good. But, the optical portion of the scope is still crooked. Remove, inspect, (new thread marks in my rail!) slowly remount... Still looks crooked to me. I'm gettin' old, could be me. Let's get a level. Nope, it's not me!

Okay, let's check out these different reticles. Cool... Blurry, but cool. The lense takes a lot of light which is strange considering it's only one thin lense and no tube. And why does the brightness knob block the bottom 20% of the lense? That seems poorly designed. As I move the knob to select a different reticle, the reticle "rotates" into place on the glass lense from the side. The detent which "holds" the reticle selector knob in position has plenty of slop which allows the reticle to move back and forth on the lense. Can't imagine how this would be repeatable.

Oh well let's make some noise. First shot, where'd it go? Shooting 10 yards and it's about 8" right and 6" down. Wow - on a factory rail? For reference the three other red dot sights I've used were all within an inch or two out of the box. But... ?

A couple of twists on the adjuster and I'm near the bull's ear, uh, eye. Cool. First group of ten, typical for a cold evening when I'm rushed... Not too bad... About the size of a quarter. It's getting dark. The rheostat is on the lowest setting and the dot is okay. Mind you, it's not a dot, more like a blurry + sign, but the brightness is not bad. Next reticle. Wow that's bright, and blurry! Double-check... Yep that's the lowest power setting. Ten shots, nice group, wish they were where I'm aiming instead of 1-1/2 - 2" to the right. Wiggle the reticle selector, 10 more... Now they're where I'm pointing. Back to the dot, 10 more shots, another nice group, about an inch from the first, on the right this time.

Let's try to carefully seat that reticle selector. Okay another 10 shots with the blurry dot reticle. Decent group like the first. Beween the first and last groups. Bummer!

So, seems like a pretty good scope for the money if you mostly shoot bird shot or your vision is really really bad! I'd recommend using the money as a down-payment on a decent one. Now I've gotta go try out Amazon's return policy for the first time!

1.0 out of 5 stars sight, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
Do not buy!!!! I do a lot of shooting and took a chance on this sight.It's junk!!!! You get what you pay for! The inside mirror is foil once it gets jared hard its junk. The foil falls out and no more sight. If mositure gets on the inside the red dots disappear. Total junk I would of thought Browning would have made something better than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Browning Buckmark Holographic site, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
The sight works fine. You get reticle distortion as you move the sight around, which is just how this design works. Adjusting the sight is easy. The sight is lite, I put it on a Buckmark target and I can hardly tell it's there. So far I'm happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This sight is perfect!, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
I cannot understand the negative reviews for this sight. After investing some time to read the manual and install it properly on my Browning Buckmark Hunter, I am delighted with the results. Here are some tips for those who have posted less favorable reviews.

1. If you turn up the power too far, you will see a double image. I find that I get a perfect single image on setting 1 indoors and setting 2 outdoors. I am not sure why there are so many brightness settings. I only use the first two with great results.

2. Make sure to clean the lens. I noticed a blurred sight image right away when I turned the unit on for the first time. After I used the provided cloth to remove a very tiny smudge on the lens, the image sharpened right up. Keep the lens clean.

3. Take the time to dial in the sight. There is a YouTube video showing a Browning employee getting a perfect aim with just a couple of adjustments. My experience is that it takes about 20 minutes of trial and error to get things set up just right. You also need to understand that the sights are very sensitive to distance. For example, if you set up for perfect bulls eyes at 25 feet, if you try to aim at something 50 feet away, you will hit the target about six inches low. Each time you change your shooting distance, you must change the up-down adjustment.

I hope this advice helps some of those who have complained about this sight. I believe it is both incredibly accurate and a super value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good unit, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
Bright aim points were visible in varying lights. The unit appears to be rugged enough to withstand a few dings and jolts but only time will prove that out. Definitely low profile for the low profile minded.

2.0 out of 5 stars good sight when the glass is in it..., July 21, 2013
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
Mounted this holo scope on my .223. The glass popped out on the first shot. Super glued it back on and haven't head a problem since. Overall, I do not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sight!, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight (Sports)
I installed this holographic site on my Ruger 10/22 Carbine rifle and couldn't be happier. It was super easy to install and also easy to sight in with my bore laser. I love the Buck logo on top too :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›