Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Browning BTC 2 Trail Force Recon Camera, Camo
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 29, 2013
I have 22 cameras, Bushnell, Moultrie and Browning. The Bushnell will Not take a pic of a slightly moving target without it being smeared, pretty bad so don't buy the Bushnell. The Moultrie will stop them 90 percent of the time with amazing detection range and clarity. Great choice, you will love it!! The Browning is as good as the Moultrie for less money. It has a great case, very easy to Setup with fantastic picture quality!!! This one is the one that I would buy!!!! Only one drawback to the Browning is that you have to go into the setup to turn your aiming light on, the Moultrie you don't but I still favor the Browning!! Jim Davis
on September 8, 2013
Great camera for the price mine takes about 1500 pictures a week never had one white out. I have the camera set to the highest resolution and taking a picture as often as every minute while game is in front of it and I have never had a blank picture and that's roughly 7000 pictures so far. The only bad thing when taking so many pictures i had to replace the batteries every month. But I have owned and am currently using 250 dollar cameras and this camera is far better than all my other cameras. If u want an awesome camera at a reasonable price I suggest trying this one.
on November 18, 2013
I've tried several cameras over the past 4 years. Wildview, stealth cam, mouiltree, & reconyx. Prior to the Browning Recon Force the only decent camera we've used has been the $450 Reconyx, and they are excellent. Now for a 1/4 the price Browning is providing us a more compact camera, that takes better photos. The IR is excellent and simply blows away all our other cameras including the Reconyx surprisingly. We can now clearly see deer where there would have usually been darkness. Daylight photos are stunning, but the clarity of the nightime photos really stands out compared to our previous cameras.

We purchased 6 of the cameras and they all seem to function flawlessly and were easy to set up. I can't give long term details as we just started using the cameras this past week, but they seem extremely sturdy, come with a great strap, and have a very tight seal that should keep out any moisture. From what I've read you can expect 4-6 months of battery life from lithium batteries which is less than the Reconyx which can go up to a year-no kidding. However that said I still prefer the Browning due to the much brighter IR.

After the first night we captured photos of a massive 12 pt. Thanks to the Browning Recon Force my wife was ready and able to identify the buck immediately and make a great shot on what turned out to be a 173" beauty!
on November 22, 2013
This is our first game camera, and I'm glad we chose this one. This camera takes incredibly clear pictures during the day and great ones at night. The instructions for use are very good; too many manuals for electronics are impossible to follow. It took only a few minutes to set up. I liked the flexibility for different modes, and the ability to set the amount of time between shots. Note: I set mine up initially for 1 minute, thinking I would have a gazilion pictures of leaves blowing. However, the camera seemed to differentiate between the motion of leaves and animals because there were only a couple where I could not spot what triggered the camera. I reset the lag time to 30 seconds to get a clearer idea of travel direction. The time/date stamp was very helpful in establishing the "traffic" patterns. I liked the weight and size, too, since it is a hike to get to where I wanted to set it up. Tip: Unless you want to drag along a tablet or laptop to check your pictures, get 2 SD cards. That way you can take home the one with pictures and leave one in the camera.
on May 23, 2013
This camera is new on the market. It takes great day and night photos the flash range is excellent and the trigger speed is vary fast.I do not recommend this camera if your looking for video.There are a lot better cams out there for video but pictures this camera is awesome.
on October 2, 2013
Excellent price and fast shipping. Extremely happy wit this purchase!
Everyone should have tat least one of these in their arsenal. What other camera can take such nice pictures so fast. 6 poctures in under a second with a 5 second delay between triggers. I do think this camera works best in open areas to take advantage of it's outstanding flash range. Be sure to get the latest firmware upgrade at Brownings website. Oh, use Ultimate lithium batteries, this camera does so much so fast it deserves to have the extra juice from the lithiums.
on March 3, 2014
I also own the very cheap Moutrie A-5, so it's natural that I should make some comparisons to that camera. Let's get to what is great about this camera:

Shell: Small and sturdy. The clasps are very strong and seal out the elements well.

Features: Really loaded with great and highly customizable features. The viewing software is kind of a waste given that it's only useable for timelapse photos. I don't ever use that setting. Maybe someone might like that.

Range: Very good. I doubt it's really as high as they say on the box, but it's better than the Moutrie A-5.

Sensitivity: Good. Mercifully, I don't get the volume of empty daytime frames that I get with the over-active Moutrie.

Photos: They are wide angled, which is good. Much wider than the video this shoots. That said, they look terribly interpolated and, therefore, look "posterized," which is a term photographers use. Posterized photos take on a solid, blocky looking appearance--a bit animated or surreal looking. That's what these photos look like. I don't know what the native resolution is on this camera, but it sure as heck isn't 8 MP. If I had to guess, the native resolution is closer to 2 MP and the rest is interpolation to pump up their advertised number.

Video: Really good. This really should be the featured draw of this camera.

Battery life: Really good. I've had it outside for 2 months now shooting videos and photos. It's been shooting like mad and I'm only at 50% battery life.

It's really a good camera and, when it's on sale here at Amazon, its video capability and host of features really make it an excellent buy.
on December 5, 2013
Although I did quite a bit of research using a trailcam review site before buying this camera, I feel as though if it didn't have the timelapse feature on it this camera would not be effective. I own and have owned around 10 other cameras this camera takes clear pictures but doesn't detect far from the camera id say 25-30 ft max. Ive also had cards have 30 pictures in a week and all but 5 are of tree branches. Timelapse is awesome but if you decide to use it the batteries last with energizer or Duracell about 2 weeks. The detection speed and recovery between pictures is very fast but if they could get it to detect farther this camera would be great!
on December 28, 2013
This is the first trail cam I've ever owned. At first the battery tray seemed to be stuck in place... my husband got it loose and it worked fine from then on. The pictures it takes are fantastic! I also had trouble getting the outer casing to close properly, at first, but once that kink was worked out, I'm really happy with my purchase. I've set it up at different spots in my backyard to see what wildlife are visiting. The first night, I got pictures of two red foxes, a raccoon, and my house cat. The camera also tells me what time each picture was taken and what the temperature was. I'm so happy I bought this! It's amazing to see what creatures are visiting you in the dark. I especially like that it's painted to look like tree bark and is almost invisible when attached to a tree.
on December 23, 2013
So far this camera has taken acceptable pics, but my one complaint is that it switches to the nightvision mode while there is still plenty of light left. Understandably, you lose a lot of detail when it goes into this black/white mode. Battery life has been averaging ~5 weeks for me. Which I'm happy with because of the large number of pics I'm capturing.