Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 20, 2012
I bought this for one of my three year-old's friends, and now I am buying one for him! In this age of shoddily made plastic toys, this toy is solidly built of metal. For little boys this is necessary. On top of its durability, it is made to the technical specifications of a model. All of the parts move easily and stand up to repeated use.

On top of all of these things, all the little boys who see this toy absolutely love it (and a lot of the not so little boys like playing with it too, when no one is looking). At least for the three year-olds I know, construction equipment is one of the most adored sights in the entire world. Being able to offer them a child sized version that is so close to real thing gives joy to them.
on November 9, 2014
We bought this for our 3 year old nephew for his birthday. He loved tractors and with my experience with other Bruder tractors, theirs offer a level of functionality for an amazing price that cannot be beat. As many reviews note for their items, these are not build to handle rough playing, but with my other Bruder items we have owned, they hold up surprisingly well.

Unfortunately, the main joint at the base of the arm on this tractor broke after only a few months. One nice thing about Bruder is they often have replacement parts for their various vehicles. However, for this item they did not have the parts to replace just the main joint or even the whole arm, so now the toy is effectively useless. The four wheel steering (controlled via a knob at the back of the machine) works great. The controls for the actual arm movement were a bit tedious for regular use. To dump the bucket you must twist the gray knob on the top of the arm multiple times. To raise and lower the arm you have to rotate a small hand crank MANY times. I think the easiest was the extending and retracting of the arm which moved easily relative to the knob you twist.

Overall the toy had great realism, awesome details, and diverse controls. If it is played with gently with soft dirt or other inside alternatives, the unit would probably hold up well. For a child who cares about realism, I don't think the slow controls would necessarily ruin the playing experience.
on June 11, 2011
This is a great toy. My 3yr old grandson can easily use all of the "controls".A bonus is the door of the cab opens unlike many of their other pieces.Not a big deal to me, but very important to the grandson.
on January 8, 2015
I purchased this for my 3 year old son, who LOVES construction vehicles. I was used to cheesy plastic trucks with spinning wheels and not much else, and expected this to be similar but with more cranks and knobs. I was pleasantly surprised after receiving this toy in the mail. I love this thing so far, and so does my son. In fact, I will probably buy some more from the collection as time progresses (or sales pop up).

Here are my "engineering" notes:

* The plastic is a hard, glossy type with a high quality feel (similar to some z-tech toys my kids have). The thickness makes it very sturdy feeling.
* The steering knob turns ALL 4 WHEELS at once (4 wheel steering) making it turn on a dime.
* Tires are rubbery feeling and "squish" like tires when under load. They are not air filled, but use a stiffer sidewall to mimic a pneumatic tire.
* Wheels appear to use bushings instead of being thrown loosely on the axle. They spin very smoothly without any wobbling, unlike most of the other trucks we have.
* ALL moving parts are crank/gear driven, and all work very smooth (no binding).
* Worm gears APPEAR to be designed to skip teeth gracefully instead of break if a child forces something without turning the crank. I'm not ready to test this yet, but will trust my engineering instinct.
* The cabin door opens and a GI-Joe sized figure fits perfectly inside.
on December 24, 2012
Our 3 year-old grandson cannot get enough of cars, trucks and heavy-duty equipment. He loves the details of the Bruder products--being able to move so many different parts--and we love the durability.
on December 5, 2013
We have TEN Bruder construction toys so this review is going to show up in all ten places. These are all very well made with extreme attention to detail. They are made of plastic and of course could be broken but they have a smart design and are reasonably durable. The mirrors on the Mack dump truck are probably the weakest item, but if they were to break off the truck would be otherwise functional. Toys break.

We have the cement truck, skid steer loader, log truck, mack truck, tractor trailer with bulldozer, backhoe, two different types of excavators, an articulating front end loader, fire engine, and something called a tele-extender.

These all have so much intriguing detail that the kids are immediately drawn to them. They all have moving parts that allow them to perform their real world functions. There are detents built in to hold position, so for example with the bulldozer, backhoe and front loader, the blades can be fixed and held in several different positions.

As far as toys go, these are expensive but even a three year old understands from the detail that these are different that the coarser, simpler $20 equivalents. These clearly look like the "real" things.

We've all had a lot of fun with these.
on December 13, 2014
There is no metal at all in this toy with the exception of the axles. The previous review was incorrect in stating it is all metal. That being said it is well made and and has a few more controls to manipulate than most Bruder toys of this size.we have about 20 Bruder items and this one is one of my son's favorite (he is 3). I highly recommend this one.
on March 3, 2016
Bruder makes probably the highest quality toy trucks out there and this one is no exception. My 3 year old absolutely LOVES this one. It is one of his favorites. He likes how he can steer the wheels with the knob as he is pushing it around. The knob for telescoping function was a bit too stiff for him to operate initially but is now "broken in" so it moves freely.
on December 12, 2013
Well-made little digger. My grandson loves that the door opens. Unfortunately sand got stuck in the precision screw mechanisms that tilt and extend the bucket, so it can't work properly anymore. It frustrates him.
on June 15, 2016
This is a very realistic toy, and the six year old owner loves it so much he sleeps with it! Unfortunately the silver handle that extends the bucket broke off after two days of play. I don't believe a toy should break just because a child plays with it.