4.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy hat
Published on August 6, 2009 by C. Lynch

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny
My son is 2.5 and this hat is too small for his head. I can't imagine kids over the recommended age of 3 being able to wear the hat.
Published on September 21, 2011 by Jeff McInnis

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy hat, August 6, 2009
C. Lynch (Evanston, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
Our 2 1/2 year old loves this hat. It's much better than the ice pack his imagination had turned into a "helmet". It has what appears to be an adjustable plastic band inside, but we have yet to successfully adjust it - it feels as if it will break if we try to unsnap the tiny little pegs to reposition them, and, if we could change it, it would still not be small enough - so it slides around on his head and he loves it anyway. I may try to insert a couple of pieces of foam pipe-insulation. He wears it while playing with his bulldozer and "rolly steamer". Tree trimmers were on our street the other day - he was so excited, but ran to find his "helmet" before taking us out to watch. The guy high up on the cherry-picker waved and tapped his own hat and gave him a thumbs up. You should have seen the look of awe....

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, September 21, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars cute but small, May 7, 2011
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
The hard hat is nice but my son is 4 1/2 and this was just a bit too small for him. I suggest it for 2 1/2 - 3 year olds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a Two year old, November 7, 2012
Helen B. (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
Do not buy this hat!

!) It is NOT made in Germany as the description says.
2) It is NOT adjustable as the description says.
3) It is far too small for the age range specified, 3-10, it does not even fit on my two year old's head.

Sadly I bought the hat early to be sure to have it when my son's second birthday came and I am stuck with it because the refund window has expired. Learn from my mistakes!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Hit!, April 29, 2010
Kristen H. (Granite City, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
I bought this hat on a whim, for my grandson's 2nd birthday because I thought it was cute. He opened the box and immediately put it on and wanted to wear it the remainder of the party. He usually does not leave hats on. It did slide off when he moved around a lot, but that may just take some adjustment. He loved it over and above anything else he received that day.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price - not adjustable, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
This is a simple plastic hat. It has an inner plastic support for your child's head just like a real hard hat. However, the inner support is not adjustable so the hat is not likely to fit well.

2.0 out of 5 stars A waste..., April 20, 2011
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
The hat was a great price and seemed simple enough. It does not adjust and will not stay on my sons head. He's two and not tiny, but it immediately falls off. He gets very frustrated every time. It's going back.

2.0 out of 5 stars need a chin strap, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
this product will not stay on my son's head. It is constantly falling off. It needs a chin strap to help it stay on. Cute but stays on only a few seconds

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the real thing instead...., June 22, 2013
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
My very active 3-year-old son received this helmet for his third birthday, and he was really excited to wear it. The strap doesn't adjust, and the fit was wrong. Plus the helmet itself was kind of flimsy. He was climbing the railing of our deck (I was right there spotting him), and because the helmet didn't fit properly, it fell off, hit the railing for the stairs and bounced onto the blacktop driveway. When I retrieved it for him, I found a three-way crack in the crown. He didn't notice at first, but when he wore it in the bathtub later, the water came pouring through. He was really disappointed, especially when he knows that I've had the same hardhat for years and other than some scratches and small burn on the brim, it looks the same as the day I bought it. After he went to sleep, I went on Amazon to see how much it would be to replace his, and was dismayed to see the price. An ANSI Class 1 Type E helmet is only a dollar and a half more, has an adjustable strap and will stand up to whatever "building projects" a toddler can device on his own. We replaced the cheap toy one with a real one (similar to Dad's), and Tommy has no trouble with it at all. He even talked the neighbor kid into asking for one (much to the kid's lawyer and accountant parents' chagrin). My advice to parents is to buy the real deal: the peace of mind about it's being nearly indestructible is worth the extra buck fifty.

5.0 out of 5 stars good fit, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat (Toy)
Didn't come with packaging just a UPC sticker. Fits my 2 year olds head great. Not thin cheap plastic can be dropped and stepped on without cracking.

Bruder Construction Toy Hard Hat